What little or minor effects are broken on our favorite attractions?

CampbellzSoup

Original Poster
IMG_5731.jpeg

Did anyone know that this was even broken?? I also remember that someone posted about figments water cooler effect working again.

I just learned the other day that expedition Everest had a water feature that was turned off at the top of the rock the other day.

Does anyone else know or can share any minor effects that are not working anymore?

rct247

Magic Kingdom
  • Astro Orbiter - spinning planets
  • Big Thunder Mountain - earthquake/shaking rocks on lift hill
  • Buzz Lightyear - moving orange robot arms, flying pterodactylus in the volcano scene, and smoke/fog effect in tunnel.
  • Carousel of Progress - image on mother's laptop screen in the Christmas scene
  • Meet Mickey at Town Square - talking Mickey effect (more discontinued than broken)
Epcot
  • Pixar Shorts Film Festival - floor movement
  • Mission: Space - rotating space station in the queue
  • Spaceship Earth - smoke/fog effect in Rome
Hollywood Studios
  • Alien Swirling Saucers - interactive queue
  • Slinky Dog Dash - Weezy's cord on this microphone
  • Rise of the Resistance - moving cannons
  • Tower of Terror - hotel hallway scene - hallway screen is too bright
Animal Kingdom
  • Dinosaur - too many to list, mostly things "flying" overhead.
  • Everest - bird near broken track, Yeti, mist effects

muddyrivers

It was turned off during the 07 refurbishment because a senior imagineer thought it looked cheesy.
I thought it was because they felt the animation was scary for younger kids or something weird like that. In either case, it was a small effect that was really impactful. It was an effect I remember from being little and one of my first times riding SSE shortly after the 94 version came out.

spectromagic04

Magic Kingdom
  • Astro Orbiter - spinning planets
  • Big Thunder Mountain - earthquake/shaking rocks on lift hill
  • Buzz Lightyear - moving orange robot arms, flying pterodactylus in the volcano scene, and smoke/fog effect in tunnel.
  • Carousel of Progress - image on mother's laptop screen in the Christmas scene
  • Meet Mickey at Town Square - talking Mickey effect (more discontinued than broken)
Epcot
  • Pixar Shorts Film Festival - floor movement
  • Mission: Space - rotating space station in the queue
  • Spaceship Earth - smoke/fog effect in Rome
Hollywood Studios
  • Alien Swirling Saucers - interactive queue
  • Slinky Dog Dash - Weezy's cord on this microphone
  • Rise of the Resistance - moving cannons
Animal Kingdom
  • Dinosaur - too many to list, mostly things "flying" overhead.
  • Everest - bird near broken track, Yeti, mist effects
The floor moved last week when I watch Pixar Short Film Festival.

DisneyCane

Ever since they switched from film projectors to digital projectors the "black" background is way too bright. This can be fixed with very expensive laser projectors with additional light path DLP DMDs (like IMAX Laser and Dolby Cinema use). However, the cost would probably far exceed the budget.

Possibly they can do it with a mini or micro LED direct view display for a cheaper cost than a laser projector but it would still be pretty pricey.

Honestly they should bring back the film projectors. The film worked fine for a long time and there are still labs that can produce copies of the film loop.

The water wheel at the Swiss Family Treehouse wasn't working during my last two trips (January and April).

And you couldn't hear the Swisskapolka at all unless you were right next to the organ. You used to be able to hear it almost throughout the entirety of Adventureland!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
View attachment 794648

Did anyone know that this was even broken?? I also remember that someone posted about figments water cooler effect working again.

I just learned the other day that expedition Everest had a water feature that was turned off at the top of the rock the other day.

Does anyone else know or can share any minor effects that are not working anymore?
Did they also fix the burst lightning effect?

IMG_1606.jpeg

CraftyFox

There’s lots of small effects that have been broken for years at the Haunted Mansions on both coasts. The traveling light effect on the exterior of the house has been gone for a while now. As have the billowing curtains just before the endless hallway. They’re great little ambience effects.

IMG_5632.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom