Magic Kingdom Bathrooms

DW Aficionado

Original Poster
Has anyone else noticed how filthy and disgusting the MK bathrooms are towards the evening?

Especially in Tomorrow Land. Seriously it's worse than a gas station.

For a park that cost in excess of $100 per person, I would insist that they devote more resources to keeping up with the slobs that use them.

Makes me want to puke.

DW Aficionado

Original Poster
The ladies' rooms are generally fine. There's maybe a messy stall or two, but they're generally clean.

I don't know what y'all do in yours that makes them so gross...a problem that is not limited to Disney...
Dunno what guys are doing in there. But Disney should be aware that it is what it is, and devote more resources to keeping them spotless.... Heck , I go to Target and the bathrooms are clean

Vegas Disney Fan

We haven’t been to WDW recently but I’ve noticed this as DL, it’s amazing how much paper towels and toilet paper ends up on the floor of a bathroom where 90% of the paper towel dispensers have been replaced with hand blowers and the toilet paper dispensers are inches from a toilet.

It’s also amazing how many men choose to pee in a stall rather than using the always available urinals, it wouldn’t be so bad if they were decent enough to lift the seat first, would be even better if they weren’t all stormtroopers who can’t aim well enough to hit the broad side of a barn.

Chef Mickey

They are unacceptable. There are 2 problems. Fewer staff handling it and absolute slob guests. I'd emphasize the guest problem more than anything. If you don't make sure the toilet is flushed and cleaned up, you need some serious soul searching. Disgusting.

In Japan, you can literally sit on the toilet immediately upon entry in a random SUBWAY bathroom. Everywhere. Consistently. They are that clean.

The lack of manners and cleanliness are two things America needs to improve. It's absolutely foul.

wdrive

They are unacceptable. There are 2 problems. Fewer staff handling it and absolute slob guests. I'd emphasize the guest problem more than anything. If you don't make sure the toilet is flushed and cleaned up, you need some serious soul searching. Disgusting.

In Japan, you can literally sit on the toilet immediately upon entry in a random SUBWAY bathroom. Everywhere. Consistently. They are that clean.

The lack of manners and cleanliness are two things America needs to improve. It's absolutely foul.

While I agree with all that, I still blame Disney for not reacting to the situation. Saving pennies and letting bathrooms go to rot is terrible.

JIMINYCR

Guests will always be slobs in the men's room, something you just can't control. But to counter it, Disney needs to allocate more resources to keep it clean
Slobs will be slobs and nearing the end of the night I guess it would be expected to be dirtier. When Ive been to sporting events ( which cost top dollar as well and have fewer facilities with just as many patrons using the facilities) youll find dirtier spaces at the end of the games. It was posted a while ago that they not only cut the janitorial staff but changed the way they routinely managed to move through areas to clean. Yes you can fault Disney but only to some degree.

Lilofan

Has anyone else noticed how filthy and disgusting the MK bathrooms are towards the evening?

Especially in Tomorrow Land. Seriously it's worse than a gas station.

For a park that cost in excess of $100 per person, I would insist that they devote more resources to keeping up with the slobs that use them.

Makes me want to puke.
How one acts on vacation is probably not how one acts in their own home since you don't have CMs to clean up after you at home.

TrainsOfDisney

I didn’t notice any issues at Epcot during the Art Festival - restrooms were clean and seemed to be well taken care of.

But things may be different now, or at MK.

Public Restrooms will always need to be cleaned regularly - so the only ones to fault would be Disney.

John park hopper

People these days are slobs paper towels on the floor, pee on the floor or toilet seat, toilet not flushed, and the majority of people never wash their hands. Disney has cut back on staff and they need a full time person stationed at every bathroom. we know that ain't happening costs money

mysto

Perfect Days
Wim Wenders

If you like good movies, and clean bathrooms, check it out! It's wonderful (no explosions sorry).

DW Aficionado

Original Poster
Slobs will be slobs and nearing the end of the night I guess it would be expected to be dirtier. When Ive been to sporting events ( which cost top dollar as well and have fewer facilities with just as many patrons using the facilities) youll find dirtier spaces at the end of the games. It was posted a while ago that they not only cut the janitorial staff but changed the way they routinely managed to move through areas to clean. Yes you can fault Disney but only to some degree.
But this is Disney, it's supposed to be perfect. We know the status of the bathrooms and I'm sure they do as well. They need to refurbish some of the bad bathrooms and put as many workers on cleanup as necessary. I'm sorry, but IT'S WHAT THEY NEED TO DO.

wdrive

I know at one point the busiest restrooms would have a male and female cast member dedicated to them for their entire shift. I can see this not being the case anymore, all while the parks are busier than they were.

Lilofan

I know at one point the busiest restrooms would have a male and female cast member dedicated to them for their entire shift. I can see this not being the case anymore, all while the parks are busier than they were.
Back in the day at Fantasmic theatre at DHS, there were two gigantic restrooms at the top of the outdoor venue where they were dedicated custodial cast to upkeep the restrooms. On a regular basis the stadium was filled with 8K guests.

MissingDisney

If everyone flushed the toilet, hit the target instead of spraying all over the toilet, washed their hands and threw away their paper towels, it wouldn’t be a problem. I work in a building with hundreds of employees and no dedicated janitorial restroom staff and yet our bathrooms remain pristine during all shifts. Why? Because people don’t act like animals or self entitled jerks who think others should clean up after their biological functions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom