Changes to Haunted Mansion Library Busts

CraftyFox

Original Poster
It appears the rumored new effect in the Haunted Mansion library has materialized. The Aunt Lucretia bust has had its earlier backlighting replaced with a rear projected face. There aren't any high-quality videos readily available yet, but apparently her expression changes just slightly as the doombuggies pass through the room.

Here’s a photo of the new lighting:
IMG_4440.jpeg

PREMiERdrum

For everything that is good and holy can they *please* stop tinkering here?!? The hitchhiking ghosts, the portrait gallery, hatbox ghost in the wrong place... overthinking and overproducing every inch of this place.

Might as well replace the ballroom scene with an LED wall.

CraftyFox

Original Poster
For everything that is good and holy can they *please* stop tinkering here?!? The hitchhiking ghosts, the portrait gallery, hatbox ghost in the wrong place... overthinking and overproducing every inch of this place.

I really don’t understand the purpose of the constant adjustments with the ride. I can’t think of another attraction that consistently receives as many reworks and additions.

Tha Realest

This is especially risible given the blank canvases elsewhere in the park (underutilized spaces or closed attractions).

Animaniac93-98

One of the best things about Tokyo Disneyland is having pre-2007 WDW HM largely unchanged and in great shape.

The effect of the painting with its face coming towards you is the type of minor revision that works.

Tha Realest

I saw this in person the other day and it is LAUGHABLY bad. To make matters worse, it's only on one of them right now making it look far worse when compared to the original (and far more convincing) effect.
Can we lobby Congress to place the Haunted Mansions on the National Register of Historic Places, so the constant “improvements” have to come to a complete stop?

Please, please, please, for the ever love of God, direct that time and attention to plussing up other attractions.

retr0gate

Can we lobby Congress to place the Haunted Mansions on the National Register of Historic Places, so the constant “improvements” have to come to a complete stop?

Please, please, please, for the ever love of God, direct that time and attention to plussing up other attractions.
I honestly don't get it. There are so many other attractions on property that could benefit from these upgrades - Haunted Mansion is not one of them.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

Suggest that to DeSantis. I'm sure he'd be happy to make it a Florida Registered Historical Landmark, just to ige Irker. I meant irk Iger.

Yeah, that's it.

britain

In concept, I’m fine with the idea of projecting “cast down shadows” beneath the nose and chin of the busts. But if it doesn’t work, don’t do it. And REALLY don’t do it for just one and not the others.

Nubs70

It appears the rumored new effect in the Haunted Mansion library has materialized. The Aunt Lucretia bust has had its earlier backlighting replaced with a rear projected face. There aren't any high-quality videos readily available yet, but apparently her expression changes just slightly as the doombuggies pass through the room.

Here’s a photo of the new lighting:
View attachment 793606
That's Aunt Lucretia??

I thought it was Uncle Phallushead

Based on the thread title, I thought this bust was going to be removed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom