Rumor Moana E-Ticket Ride to Adventureland

In the Parks
No
This was from @PREMiERdrum's big rumor dump from last month, but it didn't get its own thread. I figured it's better to have a separate spot to discuss it apart from the Beyond Big Thunder expansion thread.
MK is trending towards Moana in AL and Coco as BBTM phase 1.

doctornick

I got it from this post, but I think it is worth illustrating the area where this is being considered:

screenshot_20240415-105459-png.779456

doctornick

I think the interesting question regarding this addition - if it happens - is how it would be configured. specifically, would it just be the ride on the expansion pad and the queue would start between POTC and Jungle Cruise so it would require a very long queue to go between those attraction (and beneath the RR berm) - i.e. a setup like IJA in DL.

Or would there be a new guest path between POTC and Jungle Cruise where guests walk and then arrive in an area (mini-land?) for Moana and the ride queue starts there. This would allow for something else like a shop or quick serve in that area outside the ride entrance. The other benefit with this is if the ride has a beautiful outside appearance - as the concept art we were shown for DAK seemed to indicate - then this would provide for the opportunity to view it from outside the queue close up.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
I'm not sure if this is related to this project, but this permit was filed for Jungle Cruise with an extensive expiration date.
Permit today for Jungle Cruise from a contractor called Underwater Engineering Services with an expiration of 10/31/2025.

4845 CARIBBEAN WY(JUNGLE CRUISE) - General Construction
Jungle Cruise just recently went through its extensive refurb and the contractor name makes me believe this isn't related to show elements, likely something with the riverbed or ride system. If Moana is indeed going on the Fire Mountain plot, they would likely need some more room to create a pathway for guest access. Could this be an early sign of the ride path being adjusted in preparation for Moana?

Ayla

I think the interesting question regarding this addition - if it happens - is how it would be configured. specifically, would it just be the ride on the expansion pad and the queue would start between POTC and Jungle Cruise so it would require a very long queue to go between those attraction (and beneath the RR berm) - i.e. a setup like IJA in DL.

Or would there be a new guest path between POTC and Jungle Cruise where guests walk and then arrive in an area (mini-land?) for Moana and the ride queue starts there. This would allow for something else like a shop or quick serve in that area outside the ride entrance. The other benefit with this is if the ride has a beautiful outside appearance - as the concept art we were shown for DAK seemed to indicate - then this would provide for the opportunity to view it from outside the queue close up.
Or, would they construct a new guest path off Town Square, by the Firehouse, where parade floats currently go in and out?

Purduevian

They may be able to reconfigure Carribean way and the parade path entrance to give us 2 entrances/exits. 1 between pirates and JC and 1 between pirates and Frontierland.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I'm not sure if this is related to this project, but this permit was filed for Jungle Cruise with an extensive expiration date.

Jungle Cruise just recently went through its extensive refurb and the contractor name makes me believe this isn't related to show elements, likely something with the riverbed or ride system. If Moana is indeed going on the Fire Mountain plot, they would likely need some more room to create a pathway for guest access. Could this be an early sign of the ride path being adjusted in preparation for Moana?
My dream would be new boats for Jungle Cruise. If they redid the boats/ride system to hold more guests and be easier to load/unload they could pretty easily double its capacity. Plus, better speakers with clearer audio could make it easier to actually hear the Skippers from the back of the boat

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Or, would they construct a new guest path off Town Square, by the Firehouse, where parade floats currently go in and out?
Think Anaheim. If it happened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom