Rumor New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Disney should rethink the process and provide enough staff and ECVs to make in park ECV rentals a guarantee and take no more than 90 seconds in park for any guest.

This would dramatically increase the efficiency of their bus service and provide an improved experience for disabled guests while simultaneously improving the overall safety of ECVs in the park (by reducing their speed).

Splash4eva

Disney should rethink the process and provide enough staff and ECVs to make in park ECV rentals a guarantee and take no more than 90 seconds in park for any guest.

This would dramatically increase the efficiency of their bus service and provide an improved experience for disabled guests while simultaneously improving the overall safety of ECVs in the park (by reducing their speed).
Where else would i get all those bruises on my ankles and shins during my trip?!?

RamblinWreck

They also should invest in louder horns for the ECV’s.

It will enhance the experience of all guests trying to leave after the MK fireworks.

ToTBellHop

They should also increase the maximum speed on the ECVs for 25 mph.

For efficiency.

We will make our own Test Track!

homerdance

I never understood why they can’t just tie to your room/magic band. Fill the paperwork out 1 time vs every day of your trip. Tap the magic band, Show an id, initial and hers your keys.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I never understood why they can’t just tie to your room/magic band. Fill the paperwork out 1 time vs every day of your trip. Tap the magic band, Show an id, initial and hers your keys.
The entire in park process should be you walk into the ECV area, scan your magic band on the closest scooter, and ride off with it. Then another one just appears like a shopping cart in the IKEA warehouse.

I don’t understand why it isn’t that.

Happyday

Operations have determined the mean time between merchandise activation zones for ECV riders currently stands at five minutes. This can be improved.
Okay enlightened me. I don't understand what this is, does it have to do with renting an ECV at the parks? We have never rented in park so I am clueless.

The Mom

Premium Member
Okay enlightened me. I don't understand what this is, does it have to do with renting an ECV at the parks? We have never rented in park so I am clueless.
I think it means that it takes approx. 5 minutes from the time you arrive at the rental to the time that you drive off with the ECV. But I may be mistaken?

Happyday

I think it means that it takes approx. 5 minutes from the time you arrive at the rental to the time that you drive off with the ECV. But I may be mistaken?
Thank you! I was totally lost as to what they were talking about. I did figure out it had to be something to do with renting ECV's in park since we have never done this. We have to travel with the wheelchair as the individual cannot walk at all😔

lazyboy97o

Thank you! I was totally lost as to what they were talking about. I did figure out it had to be something to do with renting ECV's in park since we have never done this. We have to travel with the wheelchair as the individual cannot walk at all😔
Pretty sure it was a joke. If the ECVs were faster then people could get to shops faster.

Kristamouse

Perhaps those lying to abuse the system can do this, but for our DAS family this kind of back and forth is not possible. When we hit world showcase, we aren't heading back to the front of the park to do rides at the seas/land/GOTG, etc. It's just too much.
I was going to say the same thing. example: 55 min window for Remy, we are not hauling it to anywhere in Future world and no Frozen or 3 Cabs. If you have a flight risk kid too large for strollers and that refuses medical strollers you are staying in the area.

sWANNISAX

Hi. Trying to understand how this transition is going to work. I currently have das. My current das expires June 7 but I'm going June 17 and will be there for the next two months. My thirty day mark for registering would be May 18 before the new system starts on May 20. What happens?

Do I register as I always would on May 18? Is it just going to disable itself on may 20 and I have to video chat again?

I'm very confused. Has anyone with a reservation after May 20 done this?

peter11435

Hi. Trying to understand how this transition is going to work. I currently have das. My current das expires June 7 but I'm going June 17 and will be there for the next two months. My thirty day mark for registering would be May 18 before the new system starts on May 20. What happens?

Do I register as I always would on May 18? Is it just going to disable itself on may 20 and I have to video chat again?

I'm very confused. Has anyone with a reservation after May 20 done this?
You could enroll on May 18 and it would be valid for 30 days. At that time you would need to re enroll with the new process and if you qualify, the new DAS would be valid for 120 days.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom