Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

TTA94

Original Poster
Are we expecting anything to be announced or further details discussed at D23 Brazil? Will there even be a presentation?

BrianLo

From an online source:
  • For a typical new thrill ride or dark ride attraction, the construction timeline is often 3-5 years. This allows for the design, engineering, fabrication, and installation of the ride systems, show elements, and supporting infrastructure
  • Larger, more complex attractions like roller coasters or dark ride-based lands can take 4-6 years to complete. Projects like the new Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge land at Disney's Hollywood Studios took around 5 years from announcement to opening.
  • Expansions to existing lands, such as adding a new ride or show to an established area, usually require 2-3 years for design, permitting, and construction

There seems to be some poor memory of what the timelines actually looked like last decade.

Galaxies Edge: "The lands were announced on August 15, 2015, and construction at both parks began on April 14, 2016. The Disneyland version opened May 31, 2019, and Disney's Hollywood Studios' version opened August 29, 2019."

Really, Galaxies Edge is the most viable comp with two major attractions. We're currently a full year ahead of that timeframe. Now, I personally think Villains Land from a marketing roll out perspective is most likely a 2029 project. But 2029 is certainly not "fast" or even unrealistic.

Sir_Cliff

I just went and re-watched the panel. At the end Josh D'Amaro says after recapping 'The New Lands, Attractions, Shows, Ships, and A Whole New Digital Universe'

"I can't wait for you to see these projects start to come to life over the next five years"

The ships won't be ready till 2031 but they are among the things starting to come to life over the next five years.
Yes, I'm puzzled why people are insisting he said all of this would be completed in 5 years when he clearly didn't: it's right there on YouTube for anyone who wants to watch it.

Maybe Disney PR later briefed the media that all of this would be finished in 5 years, but I don't get why anyone would cling to that. None of the public statements from the company either through D'Amaro or the DisneyParks blog (to the best of my knowledge) have claimed everything announced at D23 would be completed within the next 5 years. I would trust what they are willing to actually say in front of the cameras or put in writing over what a PR person is quoted as saying given the potential for wires to get crossed along that chain.

It would be odd for D'Amaro to say all the projects would only start to come to life if the plan is for them to be finished during that period. Then again, they announced a ride based on the original Lion King with artwork depicting the new Lion King, so who knows how thought through all of this was.

Tony the Tigger

From a friend’s post. Here’s what’s up with Shaboozey:

IMG_5717.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom