Rumor Frontierland Shootin' arcade to close and replaced with DVC Member lounge

bmr1591

No one has. Well, very few people. I would image that the vast vast majority (like 99%) of guests to MK don't even know Pecos Bill is anything more than just the name on the restaurant.

If y'all hadn't told me, I would have just thought it was a themed restaurant.

FettFan

gonna be funny in about seven-eight years when people come out of the woodwork to complain that PATF is also culturally insensitive

Have you SEEN how Cajuns are depicted in that film?

IMG_7544.jpeg

ToTBellHop

...or maybe a 2nd DVC lounge after they realize the Frontierland one is too small and doesn't have a bathroom.
The lack of a bathroom at Epcot isn’t a big deal. Capacity will be based upon how it’s set up. Because of the bulky seating at the Epcot lounge, despite its size, capacity is pretty low. It’s never allowed to get crowded, honestly. I’d estimate 50 to 75 people?

Haymarket2008

It’s not. Sometimes people try to accept a rumor before applying the smell test.

They would not be redoing CBJ if the plan were to remove Frontierland. And they would have taken the introduction of TBA to make Frontierland smaller. They opted not to. I‘m sure further adjustments to the land will occur, however, but that’s every land. I’m surprised at how little Frontierland has changed over time, honestly.

I seem to recall an imagineer’s Instagram post from 3-4 years ago that mentioned a “New Frontierland”. It read, to me, as an adjustment to the theme without getting rid of it wholesale.

Squishy

The lack of a bathroom at Epcot isn’t a big deal. Capacity will be based upon how it’s set up. Because of the bulky seating at the Epcot lounge, despite its size, capacity is pretty low. It’s never allowed to get crowded, honestly. I’d estimate 50 to 75 people?
Well if the MK one gets crowded due to more seating in a small area it won't be a pleasant experience. Complaints would follow and then a 2nd DVC thing a ma jig spawns in.

GenChi

Ultimately don't know why people are complaining, this is pretty consistent with what people asked for from the parks. It was always doomed with having guns in the first place, but its fate was sealed more recently when people made the call on what's acceptable. And generally, Frontierland as a whole isn't to people anymore. Besides the obvious, CBJ had to be rethemed similarly, and now people here are out for Pecos' head now for removal. That leads almost nothing for a Frontierland, and with Tiana and the BBTM expansion it perhaps makes it better to retheme that ride and retire the land for New Orleans Square and whatever expansion they are cooking long-term. This can't stay if everything else is going.

In replacing with a DVC lodge? There isn't one for them in-park, and the have made a great push in the last decade to make amenity offers for the timeshare holders whose spending might bring considerable income for the company and hence shareholders. Disney shareholders and fans reaffirmed this is the direction people want the parks to go with voting for Iger's board members today and supporting Iger overall last 15 years, and a lounge incentive for DVC is seen by them as a better investment long-haul then side attractions and extra entertainment. This is very consistent with Iger's actions the past 15 years at this company and should not be controversial with the community as this is what has been requested as the best future action for the park.

DisneyHead123

Maybe not in kids shows but other parks stil embrace western themed areas. Look at Knotts Berry Farm and Dollywood.
I don’t think it’s thematically off putting by any means - it’s still pretty charming. And personally I’m all for preserving the early structure of the park for posterity. But if they’re looking to update something, my guess is that this area is seen as the most dated. I think they might move towards a “south of the border” theme to start incorporating Hispanic characters, as they’ve hinted at that.

On the other hand, major projects seem to be on hold right now, and AK is in more dire need of new attractions. So also quite likely it stays as is for awhile, I think.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
This is just my take, but I don’t think it’s seen as “awful” so much as dated. If you look at Toy Story, there’s the whole theme about Woody being the older gen toy and today’s kids not really doing the cowboy show thing. I think that’s fairly true. I saw a Disney+ show that talked about the Dave’s Crockett movie and what a phenomenon it was at the time, with every little boy in the US wanting a fur cap. But today, cowboy lure is just not something you hear about in kids shows. (I do think Liberty Square is likely safe as colonial era Americana is still a popular theme.)
My first visit was in 1971 and I can remember running around Ft Wilderness with my brother in our fur hats and shooting each other with cap gun rifles.
The fire department sign on the wall says 125. Not sure how close they come to that.

pdude81

Made sure to check this out with my son on this trip. We did it briefly when they turned the arcade free for the 50th, but he didn't remember. I came out of the thing with pink eye. My wife says I actually shot my eye out.

So it's bye bye, bacteria in my eye
put the drops in and it burned
but I had no choice, did I?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom