Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
7-dwarfs-mine-train-00.jpg

Slinky Dog Dash
toy-story-slinky-dog-ride-16x9.jpg

Space Mountain
space-mountain-00.jpg

TRON Lightcycle / Run
FITP7527522775267526545211.jpg

How do you rank the 9 roller coasters at Disney World and why?

Eric Graham

1 Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
2 Space Mountain
3. Big Thunder Mountain
4. Slinky Dog Dash

I get a little uneasy when I go across the bridge at Charleston going over to Mount Pleasant. What a huge bridge that is! Submarines used to knock into the old bridge before the new bridge was built. Also, we're a little bit wimpy when it comes to roller coasters.
:p

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

This is like picking a favorite kid…

Big Thunder, Everest, and Seven Dwarfs are the most attractive, Space is the most iconic, Cosmic Rewind is the most unique, Slinky is the most smile generating, I haven’t done Tron yet so no opinion… if I only had time to ride one coaster at WDW though I’d probably pick Big Thunder so I went with that.

SplashJacket

Two clear winners for me. After it becomes harder, because I like each for different reasons (until Barn Stormer)

Throw in Universal Coasters and it becomes incredibly hard.

1. Guardians
  2. Everest
  3. Tron
  4. Space Mountain
  5. 7DMT
  6. RNRC
  7. Big Thunder
  8. Slinky
  9. Barn Stormer
I prefer tier rankings over strict rankings, because every ride is different

hismattjesty

Working Yeti, Everest is #1.
Hands down, without a doubt! One of the best themed coasters on the planet for that matter. I'm fortunate in that I got to ride it 20+ times in its proper operational state, and I still say to this day, NOTHING prepares you for what you saw. Since I was 30 at the time Everest opened, I remember everything about it vividly. In fact I will never forget getting off the attraction with my wife, and her asking what I thought of it (I'm usually someone who like to process things for 10-15 minutes or so before forming a solid opinion). As God as my witness, I said "What the hell did I just experience?", and was immediately back in line.

TeddyinMO

Great poll! I hate picking just one.

Guardians Cosmic Rewind - Probably my favorite ride anywhere
7DMT - I love this coaster; smooth ride, cute story and show scenes; enough of a thrill level, but still family-friendly
Tron - Have only ridden once, so may go up or down with more rides, but it was a blast that first time
Slinky Dog - A fantastic family coaster
Everest - Still a blast, but as I get older, the backwards section gets harder to handle, so it's slowly dropping in my rankings
Rock 'n Roll - Was really rough and showing its age the last time I rode it. Hope this long refurb gets it back to its previous glory; at it's best, it's a really good roller coaster
Big Thunder - A fun classic
Space Mountain - One of my alltime favorite rides, but I need a chiropractor after I ride it
Barnstormer - It's fine for what it is.

ppete1975

EE is a great story roller coaster. First the queue is amazing, then if you dont know what happens the story it tells is amazing especially your first time and not expecting the backwards portion. It WAS the only roller coaster in the world that i giggle and smile throughout and afterwards, as it is so enjoyable. Working or not the yeti doesnt detract from my experience, if it had never worked nobody would have cared. I understand for the very few that saw it work it is a bummer and probably is a detraction, but thats a super small amount of people.

I have been on alot of the big roller coasters in the US and most dont tell a story and as I get older the heights and loops just dont do it for me. (so you understand how I rank roller coasters in my mind)

That being said guardians is an amazing roller coaster that also just makes me smile and i have the same euphoria after riding. It is kind of like space mountain though, where the darkness makes it more thrilling that it actually is, but they executed it perfectly.

All being told I picked EE but it was almost a tie.

Chef Mickey

Hands down, without a doubt! One of the best themed coasters on the planet for that matter. I'm fortunate in that I got to ride it 20+ times in its proper operational state, and I still say to this day, NOTHING prepares you for what you saw. Since I was 30 at the time Everest opened, I remember everything about it vividly. In fact I will never forget getting off the attraction with my wife, and her asking what I thought of it (I'm usually someone who like to process things for 10-15 minutes or so before forming a solid opinion). As God as my witness, I said "What the hell did I just experience?", and was immediately back in line.
I'm with you. I probably road it 20-30 times in its original state, maybe more, but it was incredible.

The ride is practically ruined in my mind with the state of the Yeti - that's how good it was when it worked.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Shockingly this made me realize how bad WDWs coasters are in the great scheme of things!

From a purely "coaster" standpoint, none of the coasters at any Disney park (worldwide) would crack my top 25 list. By contrast, Universal Orlando alone has at least one coaster that would crack most enthusiasts Top 10 (if not top 5) and for sure two coasters that would crack most people's top 25. (Flying Dinosaur at USJ is another VERY solid coaster if we are looking at Universal parks worldwide)

Having said that, IMHO Guardians is the best coaster at WDW (even when not factoring in the themeing). Not going to rank, but I'll use a tier system:

S: (none)
A: Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind
B: Expedition Everest
C: Rock N Roller Coaster, Tron, Big Thunder Mountain
D: Slinky Dog Dash, Space Mountain, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, (Primeval Whirl)
E: Barnstormer
F: (none)

After Guardians and Everest, it's just a whole big muddle of mediocrity...

Chef Mickey

From a purely "coaster" standpoint, none of the coasters at any Disney park (worldwide) would crack my top 25 list. By contrast, Universal Orlando alone has at least one coaster that would crack most enthusiasts Top 10 (if not top 5) and for sure two coasters that would crack most people's top 25. (Flying Dinosaur at USJ is another VERY solid coaster if we are looking at Universal parks worldwide)

Having said that, IMHO Guardians is the best coaster at WDW (even when not factoring in the themeing). Not going to rank, but I'll use a tier system:

S: (none)
A: Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind
B: Expedition Everest
C: Rock N Roller Coaster, Tron, Big Thunder Mountain
D: Slinky Dog Dash, Space Mountain, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, (Primeval Whirl)
E: Barnstormer
F: (none)

After Guardians and Everest, it's just a whole big muddle of mediocrity...
The take Guardians isn't a Top 25 coaster in the world is really insane.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom