News New Main Street, U.S.A Costumes for Cast Members at Magic Kingdom

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here's the announcement:

Are you ready? Cast are all smiles as they prepare to enter their new Main Street, U.S.A costumes era! Here’s a sneak peek at some of the costumes they’ll soon be debuting. Not only do these turn-of-the century Disney fits keep function and comfort top of mind with lightweight, breathable fabric, they’re also made from recyclable materials that help keep the environment in mind too.

430108514_800906515406744_1508273396968765485_n.jpg

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
They look fine. Nothing wrong in tweaking things for the better. Better comfort, acceptable style, and better self esteem because Disney is actually paying a little more attention to employee morale and feedback.

It still portrays the theme quite well. It’s not like the Main Street CMs started parading around in baggy pants, oversized shirts, and sported backward baseball caps, all the while throwing up gang signs.

JoeCamel

They look fine. Nothing wrong in tweaking things for the better. Better comfort, acceptable style, and better self esteem because Disney is actually paying a little more attention to employee morale and feedback.

It still portrays the theme quite well. It’s not like the Main Street CMs started parading around in baggy pants, oversized shirts, and sported backward baseball caps, all the while throwing up gang signs.
They did put a DJ in the train station.....
Dodged a bullet there...... Yo

Last edited:

Touchdown

I disagree 100%. It’s ALWAYS about the guest and guest experience.
Then you get no CMs, do you get treated like dirt at your job? This choice is guest neutral, the costumes still look period appropriate but are lighter and more comfortable for cast. Orlando has oppressive weather for a third of the year this will help CMs be more comfortable and more comfortable CMs will serve guests better, so maybe this does help guests too.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Then you get no CMs, do you get treated like dirt at your job? This choice is guest neutral, the costumes still look period appropriate but are lighter and more comfortable for cast. Orlando has oppressive weather for a third of the year this will help CMs be more comfortable and more comfortable CMs will serve guests better, so maybe this does help guests too.
There was nothing wrong with the old costumes. They were not "oppressive" in the heat, I wore them a few times before. This is just another sad attempt by Disney to cater and coddle this new generation of CMs who can't handle some "heat" and expect their employer to bend over backwards to their every pathetic whim. This whole "kindness" to workers shtick that's emerged over the last few years has become stale, old, and ruined so much of what made Disney great: caring about the GUEST experience and then show; not making sure some 22 year old from New York is comfortable in the heat so her feeling aren't hurt. But it doesn't matter how much evidence people like you are given showing the continued degradation, you will still trout out the same old "but think of the poor Cast Member" line, as if we're supposed to care.

Touchdown

There was nothing wrong with the old costumes. They were not "oppressive" in the heat, I wore them a few times before. This is just another sad attempt by Disney to cater and coddle this new generation of CMs who can't handle some "heat" and expect their employer to bend over backwards to their every pathetic whim. This whole "kindness" to workers shtick that's emerged over the last few years has become stale, old, and ruined so much of what made Disney great: caring about the GUEST experience and then show; not making sure some 22 year old from New York is comfortable in the heat so her feeling aren't hurt. But it doesn't matter how much evidence people like you are given showing the continued degradation, you will still trout out the same old "but think of the poor Cast Member" line, as if we're supposed to care.
“Back in my day” is always such a lovely argument. Times change, the costumes don’t break theme and are better for CMs, i suffered in the past so everyone should going further just sounds like sour grapes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom