News Walt Disney World casting for a new experience celebrating Encanto

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
According to this post on LinkedIn, ¡Celebración Encanto! has been extended through February 1.

Exciting news from EPCOT!

"¡Celebración Encanto!", which debuted back in June at the newly opened CommuniCore Plaza, has been extended through Feb 1st—and it's no surprise why. Under the brilliant direction of Juan Cantu, this show captures the heart of Encanto with endearing storytelling and a genuine commitment to authentic representation.

It's incredible to watch families and children fully immerse themselves in the experience and it's pretty magical to see kids resonate with, and dress-up as characters like Luisa, Mirabel, and Bruno. To dance and sing-along with characters who look like them and sound like them, is a powerful reminder of the importance of authentic representation in storytelling.

Kudos to the entire team behind this production for bringing such a joyful and impactful experience to life.

spectromagic04

According to this post on LinkedIn, ¡Celebración Encanto! has been extended through February 1.

"¡Celebración Encanto!", which debuted back in June at the newly opened CommuniCore Plaza, has been extended through Feb 1st—and it's no surprise why. Under the brilliant direction of Juan Cantu, this show captures the heart of Encanto with endearing storytelling and a genuine commitment to authentic representation.

It's incredible to watch families and children fully immerse themselves in the experience and it's pretty magical to see kids resonate with, and dress-up as characters like Luisa, Mirabel, and Bruno. To dance and sing-along with characters who look like them and sound like them, is a powerful reminder of the importance of authentic representation in storytelling.

Kudos to the entire team behind this production for bringing such a joyful and impactful experience to life.
Ewwww of course they can’t do something better……

osian

Oh, that's a shame. I'm going in November.

mattpeto

They might be playing the long game with this one. Maybe they will stick at DHS eventually.

Wonder if Disney Dreams that Soar is next for an extension.

DisneyDreamerxyz

I’m surprised this is extending because I figured the holidays would have the gospel choir sing at that stage instead of the temporary one down by the waterfront. Before they removed the old stage that’s where performances like that were held.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster

In a new press release for Hispanic & Latin American Heritage Month, Disney has confirmed ¡Celebración Encanto! has been extended, but did not put an end date:

It’s official, the limited time ¡Celebración Encanto! sing-along show has been extended so fans of the Walt Disney Studios film can dance, sing and celebrate with Bruno and Mirabel at CommuniCore Plaza Stage. Featuring beloved characters and songs from the film along with fun trivia to test guests’ knowledge of all things Encanto, the show runs several times a day and is perfect for amigos and familia to enjoy.

Royal Purple Pigment

1000033747.jpg

It was very popular yesterday when I was walking by. Hardly any space available.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I’m surprised this is extending because I figured the holidays would have the gospel choir sing at that stage instead of the temporary one down by the waterfront. Before they removed the old stage that’s where performances like that were held.

At least these folks can carry a tune (without a bucket and a heavy lid that Joyful! requires) I would watch at least two shows a day of anything that would replace Joyful!

osian

The problem for me, as always, ad nauseum etc is the IP.

"Featuring beloved characters and songs from the film along with fun trivia to test guests’ knowledge of all things Encanto"

Means absolutely zero to me, and I suspect everyone else who isn't fanatical about Encanto. I wish the talent of the performers could be used in better ways, to appeal to a wider audience and/or to be more authentic and relevant to EPCOT.

osian

Looking at the press release for Hispanic & Latin American Heritage Month, there is actually a lot of stuff celebrating that culture for what it is, in several ways, with no IP ties, in EPCOT and in other places around WDW.

bmr1591

The problem for me, as always, ad nauseum etc is the IP.

"Featuring beloved characters and songs from the film along with fun trivia to test guests’ knowledge of all things Encanto"

Means absolutely zero to me, and I suspect everyone else who isn't fanatical about Encanto. I wish the talent of the performers could be used in better ways, to appeal to a wider audience and/or to be more authentic and relevant to EPCOT.

This may sound harsh, but you and I are simply not the target audience for this show. And that’s okay. The movie has huge fans, especially amongst young kids, so having an offering that might make a family want to visit EPCOT or have kids enjoy their day is important.

With that said, this’ll be mighty awkward to have during Festival of the Holidays.

osian

This may sound harsh, but you and I are simply not the target audience for this show. And that’s okay. The movie has huge fans, especially amongst young kids, so having an offering that might make a family want to visit EPCOT or have kids enjoy their day is important.

With that said, this’ll be mighty awkward to have during Festival of the Holidays.
Communicore Hall/Plaza would be a nice self-contained area for characters!

bmr1591

Communicore Hall/Plaza would be a nice self-contained area for characters!

I don't disagree. And I also think they should have special characters for each festival.

Arts - Mickey and Friends in their old EPCOT center attire that's all spacey and colorful, Figment, etc.
F&G - Spike, Orange Bird, etc.
F&W - Remy and friends, Tiana in a chef outfit, etc.
Holidays - Santa Goofy, Muppet Christmas Carol characters, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom