Craziest thing happened during Guardians pre-show on Saturday..

tissandtully

Original Poster
So, we've done Cosmic Rewind plenty of times and we love the pre-show with the teleporter effect, but this is the first time this happened to us.

As we were in the final preshow, of course the idiots in the crowd rushed the doors on the right, but this time, even before the big Eternal showed up, the crowd pushed the doors open! Then everyone literally left the preshow room shortly after it started, it was just me and my son standing there all by ourselves.

The CMs did nothing! One CM was on her phone texting someone (gonna assume it was work related or communicating something?) I walked over to the CM and was like "what's up with the doors?" and she just said "oh they pushed them open". Like didn't care at all, there was no nice reminder to not push on the doors, nothing.

It was crazy cause people were clearly pushing hard on the doors because the motors weren't actuated yet, like, it was clear it wasn't time for them to be open. I can't believe how stupid people are.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I've had this happen in Cosmic Rewind before too but the cast members stepped in. It also happened during the Canada film too it was right before the song at the end, all of a sudden everyone but my husband and I and another couple left. It was so strange.

DisneyFanatic12

Same thing has happened to me quite a few times. Although, there was no cast member in the room at all when it happened to me.

To the defense of the CM, I doubt they they are trained to stop someone going through the door. There could be a ton of different reasons someone might open the door, and although 99.99% of the time it’s just someone that suffers from TikTok brain, I don’t think they’re encouraged or possibly even allowed to do anything. Additionally, once the guest is through the door there really isn’t anything to do. It’s pretty sad behavior though.

I’m pretty young, but I’m disgusted by what people do nowadays, especially younger people. Putting their feet up on chairs in theaters in rides, texting through the Hall of Presidents, talking through a cast member spiel, etc. Sad what people find acceptable nowadays. But that’s a topic for another time…

tissandtully

Original Poster
Same thing has happened to me quite a few times. Although, there was no cast member in the room at all when it happened to me.

To the defense of the CM, I doubt they they are trained to stop someone going through the door. There could be a ton of different reasons someone might open the door, and although 99.99% of the time it’s just someone that suffers from TikTok brain, I don’t think they’re encouraged or possibly even allowed to do anything. Additionally, once the guest is through the door there really isn’t anything to do. It’s pretty sad behavior though.

I’m pretty young, but I’m disgusted by what people do nowadays, especially younger people. Putting their feet up on chairs in theaters in rides, texting through the Hall of Presidents, talking through a cast member spiel, etc. Sad what people find acceptable nowadays. But that’s a topic for another time…
I mean they didn’t even do an announcement or anything, I don’t expect them to block the crowd

DisneyFanatic12

I mean they didn’t even do an announcement or anything, I don’t expect them to block the crowd
True, but to me an announcement would be even more disruptive. Thematically, they’re still on the ship, just in a different room. Making an announcement, to me, would destroy the scene and be far more disruptive. Though, I agree they could have an announcement before the pre-show like, “The Nova Corps wants to remind you NOT to leave the teleportation room. Doing so is STRICTLY prohibited. Thank you.”

tissandtully

Original Poster
Why do they rush the doors? Does it get you on the ride seconds sooner or something?
Not at all, my son and I were on the ride a few minutes after we left the room. Any time saved by rushing to the right is negligible, people are just dumb, although we didn’t get stuck in the hallway choke point this time so that’s a plus, basically worked out great for us lol

vikescaper

Not at all, my son and I were on the ride a few minutes after we left the room. Any time saved by rushing to the right is negligible, people are just dumb, although we didn’t get stuck in the hallway choke point this time so that’s a plus, basically worked out great for us lol
While I never pushed the doors open, I used to move close to the doors my first several times on the ride. I then realized that I hated the choke point and the rush of people so I now hang back. It’s far more enjoyable and we are all going to end up in the same place anyways!

tissandtully

Original Poster
While I never pushed the doors open, I used to move close to the doors my first several times on the ride. I then realized that I hated the choke point and the rush of people so I now hang back. It’s far more enjoyable and we are all going to end up in the same place anyways!
It’s way better to hang back and watch the cool preshow, so many people don’t appreciate theming and story building, it’s sad

Mark Dunne

Good post, this is the crazy thing about that pre show, the first time we watched it we stood in the middle ( last year ) this year a different animal, we noticed that people literally jumping to the right hand side, if we hadn't joined them we would of been pushed over, i think Disney will change this , it is an issue to be sure. it narrows down after the pre show, a bit like Willi wonker with gene wilder when the room becomes narrow to enter the chocolate factory 😂 , chill people enjoy the show.

Andrew25

Pretty simple explanation, some fans know what happens so they get closer to the door (or just outright open it)... the moment some folks see that, they decide to join and follow them not knowing the pre-show is still happening, ruining their experience. Unless they add some sort of stanchion/rope (behind the teleport wall), there's not much they can do.

I can't blame CMs because they're just 1 person versus 100 or more guests at a time.

EatSalsa

When I worked at Tower of Terror years ago, there's a position called "Library" where you stand in the library and watch guests, make sure everyone's in, make sure everyone exits. You stand near the entrance doors, since the door panel is right there. One time some teenagers opened the wall that exits to the boiler room and the whole room exited during the preshow. I couldn't go after them cause there were 40 people between me and them, and I can't leave my position. Unfortunately it happens.

lazyboy97o

It was crazy cause people were clearly pushing hard on the doors because the motors weren't actuated yet, like, it was clear it wasn't time for them to be open. I can't believe how stupid people are.
You don’t have to push hard on the doors. The doors have panic bars specifically so that people can easily just push on the door and get out. The pushers (“motors”) push the doors open but don’t hold it closed.

castlecake2.0

I've had this happen in Cosmic Rewind before too but the cast members stepped in. It also happened during the Canada film too it was right before the song at the end, all of a sudden everyone but my husband and I and another couple left. It was so strange.
All it takes is one person in Canada to leave during the song and the whole theatre walks out. It’s really annoying. It’s a 12 minute show people, you’ll survive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom