News Free Dining Plan announced for Disney+ subscribers at Walt Disney World

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Good deal, good way to pad the Disney+ numbers.
Disney+ North America and European subs have gone up every quarter for the past three years.

Even when a product is doing well, cross promotions are the icing on the cake.

If anything, its more about retention as we enter the period of fewer content due to last year's strikes. Other content providers will be most likely also providing deals for retention.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It's just one more step towards a Disney Family Membership Plan to do ANYTHING in WDW. I can see:

$14.99 a month just to buy tickets and make value resort reservations.
$19.99 a month to buy hoppers and stay in moderates.
$24.99 a month to stay in deluxe hotels.

I laugh but... I'm sure it's been an idea at some point. :cautious:

JD80

So my potential problem is DH is the subscriber for Disney+ because he handles all the streaming services, while I handle all other Disney thingys. Plus, I travel to WDW much more than he does because I'm also visiting my Dad, and DH has to like work and earn money. So even though my household is a subscriber, I'm betting based on the fine print of similar promotions, I would be ineligible for these discounts when DH isn't with me. Now that my Dad is getting older, I have been looking into booking short stays just so he can head back to the room to rest or not have to drive so much like we do at Universal, but the cost hasn't been worth it.

All you need to do is just change the email on either account for when you book.

Splash4eva

As someone who loved the dining plan and maxed it out completely. I have no clue how or why anyone would buy the meal
Plan now… $95 for adults and all you get is a meal/qs/snack (i know a mug as well) its virtually impossible to get that back

granfiesta

As someone who loved the dining plan and maxed it out completely. I have no clue how or why anyone would buy the meal
Plan now… $95 for adults and all you get is a meal/qs/snack (i know a mug as well) its virtually impossible to get that back
My daughters are 10 and 12, so Disney 'adults'. There's no way in the world that I would purchase this at the price it is now with how much they don't eat.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
The Dining Plan you buy separately is not a discount program. You have to carefully choose the most expensive thing on the menu every time to come out ahead. TDDP is presented as a convenient way to pre-purchase food. But it is solely benefitting Disney's bottom line. Those who don't mini-max cost of dishes wind up paying more for their meals. If you or anyone in your gang isn't hungry, or sick... you paid for a meal no one ate.

The *FREE* Dining Plan attached to Disney resort rooms *can* be considered a discount. That's because everyone in the room gets 'free' meals. The more in the room, the more your meals are at a discount. Two people can barely mini-max it to their advantage. Three or more are good to go. One person in the room is just throwing money at Disney. The *FREE* Dining Plan is just another way to discount a room to encourage attendance. Choose the usual 20% off, or TDDP (but pay the more expensive rack rate).

Because rooms with 3 or more benefit from this, it is the darling of families on a budget.

gamblepsu

Ok… haven’t found a true answer anywhere and am honestly hesitant to ask Disney CS directly..

I have a 8 day/7 night resort stay but only a 5 day hopper. How many days of the free dining plan do I get?

Splash4eva

We’re up there for character meals and same. It’s gotten way worse. Now moderates are QS dining. I feel like it used to be a decent deal if maxed out like 2012ish time but maybe I was naive then.
The DDP was worth it for me as we would do characters for breakfast & dinner so the numbers worked out. Again simple math when it comes to this especially when you are booking meals ahead of time. Add in a phone call to get the prices and its either worth it or not. Snacks obviously use for the more expensive ones now around the $6-7 range and its not rocket science. The new plan is virtually impossible to make work.

usnwifeaustin

Oh hey, DFB (am I allowed to namedrop them?) is saying there'll also be a room rate discount for D+ members starting tomorrow, for stays 5 nights and longer, between March 25th and October 3rd, 2024

Its in the official press release:

More 2024 Deals  ​

There are even more offers available for those looking to book their Walt Disney World vacation. You can save up to 35% at select Disney Resort hotels when you stay 5 nights or longer most nights March 25 through Oct. 3, 2024. Visit DisneyWorld.com/SpecialOffers on Jan. 3, 2024 to learn more.**

It also states: Starting Jan. 3, 2024, Disney+ subscribers can get a FREE dining plan when purchasing a non-discounted 4-night, 4-day Walt Disney Travel Company package that includes a room at a select Disney Resort hotel and theme park ticket with a Park Hopper option. This offer is valid for arrivals most nights July 1 through Sept. 30, 2024.

It is a long way to travel for some for ONLY 4 nights. Normally it is worded differently such as saying with a minimum of a 3 night stay. I think this is only for a 4/4 trip

Patcheslee

Its in the official press release:

More 2024 Deals  ​

There are even more offers available for those looking to book their Walt Disney World vacation. You can save up to 35% at select Disney Resort hotels when you stay 5 nights or longer most nights March 25 through Oct. 3, 2024. Visit DisneyWorld.com/SpecialOffers on Jan. 3, 2024 to learn more.**

It also states: Starting Jan. 3, 2024, Disney+ subscribers can get a FREE dining plan when purchasing a non-discounted 4-night, 4-day Walt Disney Travel Company package that includes a room at a select Disney Resort hotel and theme park ticket with a Park Hopper option. This offer is valid for arrivals most nights July 1 through Sept. 30, 2024.

It is a long way to travel for some for ONLY 4 nights. Normally it is worded differently such as saying with a minimum of a 3 night stay. I think this is only for a 4/4 trip
I had either option for a 9 night trip. Unless I lucked into a bug, more is allowed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom