News Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster closing for refurbishment in January 2024

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
I sincerely hope Muppets are the new theme, if that happens, of the ride, but I doubt it unless they somehow relocate the entrance to the muppet-themed area. More likely imho is Taylor Swift, unfortunately.

Lirael

Aw no, it's my fave disney coaster and I have a trip early next year. I don't suppose there's a chance it'll reopen by the end of March?

bmr1591

Nooo! Push it back through MLK weekend. That’s the week we’re bringing a friend who’s never gone to Disney. That stinks.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Let's just put all these to bed now, before they pollute the thread:

- Aerosmith isn't being removed
- Olivia Rodrigo isn't being added
- The Muppets likely won't be added
- There are no other artists/bands that really work for this ride anymore because the heads of the music industry decided to kill rock as a popular genre 30 years ago in favor of grunge (short-lived) and then hip-hop (which isn't really music) none of them are young enough

NowInc

*dusts off my account to chime in*

I've had a few different sources talk directly to me about this....but don't take my word as absolute as always there could be more to it...

The reliability issues stem from the braking system at the end of the ride. They switched metals used in the mechanism that unfortunately is prone to over-heating (if you smell burning at the end of the ride, this is why). When it gets too hot they have to close it to "Reset" the system after it cools off. Safe to assume this could be a reason for an extended refurbishment.

Regarding a retheme: My opinion will always remain that it should switch to Powerline and avoid issues with using "real" bands :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

I've had a few different sources talk directly to me about this....but don't take my word as absolute as always there could be more to it...

The reliability issues stem from the braking system at the end of the ride. They switched metals used in the mechanism that unfortunately is prone to over-heating (if you smell burning at the end of the ride, this is why). When it gets too hot they have to close it to "Reset" the system after it cools off. Safe to assume this could be a reason for an extended refurbishment.

Regarding a retheme: My opinion will always remain that it should switch to Powerline and avoid issues with using "real" bands :)
Great to see you back! :) Thanks for the input.

Corylancaster

Would love for Powerline to take over this ride, but unfortunately I don't think that will ever happen

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom