Food price increase? October 2023

Stevie Amsterdam

Sorry for complaining, but there aren’t a lot of people in my environment that would understand this frustration:

I’m on my last day of a 8-day 10-day trip in WDW. We went to Fantasmic 3 times during this visit and used the dining package once.

All 3 times, Fantasmic stopped mid show due to a malfunction with the fountain / water screens. After the third time, we gave up and decided to not try again.

I’m currently in line for GotG which is down, waiting for 85 minutes now hoping it will get back before we have to leave to the airport. This also happened at Tron (waited 75 minutes until it got back online) and RotR (waited 60 minutes until it got back online). So many rides were down in the past week and so many special effect were not working properly. During one visit at RotR, both pre shows (Rey & the transport to the star destroyer) didn’t work but on top of that, none (!) of the major effects were working.

I’m not much of a complainer and could be considered by some as a pixie dust snorter, but we will be spending our money at the other Disney parks around the world, not returning to WDW for a long, long time.

Ps I just checked Epcot’s map and it appears that Frozen is down as well. What a great day to be in Epcot 😅

UPDATE re: GotG
Ultimately we were asked to leave the queue and offered a fastpass that we could use anywhere.

Last edited:

Stevie Amsterdam

IMG_7554.jpeg

Four rides have now been closed in Epcot 😳

John park hopper

I see you are from the Netherlands. You have a lot more patience then I would have with WDW BS after traveling all that way and have so much stuff down. If it were me I'd demand a refund and Iger would be getting a scathing letter telling him he can take WDW and his price increases and shove it where the sun don't shine. No excuse for poor maintenance.

AEfx

I see you are from the Netherlands. You have a lot more patience then I would have with WDW BS after traveling all that way and have so much stuff down. If it were me I'd demand a refund and Iger would be getting a scathing letter telling him he can take WDW and his price increases and shove it where the sun don't shine. No excuse for poor maintenance.

And that's just it...some would try to remind us that "the parks are open 365 days a year, downtime should be expected"...but the reality is that no, things should not be going wrong as consistently as they are, and a lot of it is due to the fact that they have gone from regular preventative maintenance of attractions to "fix it when it's broken and bad enough we have to".

Unexpected down times themselves have also been exasperated by all the pre-planning/park reservations/phone FP lotteries/lack of park hopping nonsense, because it's no longer easy to just pop over to a park on a different day to catch the big attraction you missed. People are paying a huge amount of money to be there, especially these days, and missing key new attractions even though you are there for a week is just not acceptable.

Stevie Amsterdam

Overall, we had a good time. It’s just that we lost so much time doing nothing. Thankfully we had that 14-day park hopping & waterpark included ticket from the UK, so when things got really bad we simply hopped to another park. Imagine you booked Epcot for the day, bought Genie+ and then find out that 4 of the rides are down. Crazy.

I appreciate the empathy and advice, but I’m not a native English speaker and the lines for the guest experience teams were as long as the lines for the actual rides. We concluded that, compared to let’s say 10 years ago, it just isn’t a good decade to visit WDW from overseas. We will adjust our traveling plans and spending accordingly.

Thanks for listening everyone 😃

Lilofan

Overall, we had a good time. It’s just that we lost so much time doing nothing. Thankfully we had that 14-day park hopping & waterpark included ticket from the UK, so when things got really bad we simply hopped to another park. Imagine you booked Epcot for the day, bought Genie+ and then find out that 4 of the rides are down. Crazy.

I appreciate the empathy and advice, but I’m not a native English speaker and the lines for the guest experience teams were as long as the lines for the actual rides. We concluded that, compared to let’s say 10 years ago, it just isn’t a good decade to visit WDW from overseas. We will adjust our traveling plans and spending accordingly.

Thanks for listening everyone 😃
It is unfortunate that all those things happened at WDW , but where you are from in the Netherlands is a great place to visit. Great food, sights, sounds and many historical sights. It is a place where we actually lost weight not by eating a lot but by doing lots of walking .

Stevie Amsterdam

It is unfortunate that all those things happened at WDW , but where you are from in the Netherlands is a great place to visit. Great food, sights, sounds and many historical sights. It is a place where we actually lost weight not by eating a lot but by doing lots of walking .
Including our trip to New York (one week prior to WDW) we walked 215 kilometers / 134 miles this vacation and we still gained weight lol. We’re on the plane now about to leave. It’s gonna be salads and tap water for us for two weeks I’m afraid 😂

James Alucobond

And that's just it...some would try to remind us that "the parks are open 365 days a year, downtime should be expected"...but the reality is that no, things should not be going wrong as consistently as they are, and a lot of it is due to the fact that they have gone from regular preventative maintenance of attractions to "fix it when it's broken and bad enough we have to".

Unexpected down times themselves have also been exasperated by all the pre-planning/park reservations/phone FP lotteries/lack of park hopping nonsense, because it's no longer easy to just pop over to a park on a different day to catch the big attraction you missed. People are paying a huge amount of money to be there, especially these days, and missing key new attractions even though you are there for a week is just not acceptable.
I think the bigger factor here is that they're disincentivized from fully closing things for the extended maintenance that attractions sometimes need because the few very popular ones are now massively critical to their profit engine. If they had enough worthwhile attractions to allow them to keep Genie+ valuable and shift around Individual Lightning Lane offerings, that would probably help, but three of the parks are horribly underbuilt from that perspective.

Jrb1979

They also have one of the best theme parks in the world in Eftling

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom