News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Gusey

Why would they do that? Ideally they would have left Dinosaur, Boneyard, and the counter service as “Dinoland” and then the new mini-land would be the Encanto ride and carousel.
Exactly, they wouldn't. The way Disney do lands is there has to be at least 1 attraction, 1 restaurant and 1 shop. If they divided Dinoland into two mini-lands, they'd need to add a restaurant to where Dino-Rama is (where Encanto will go) or put Restaurantasaurus on the Encanto side and add one by Dinosaur. Also, Encanto is replacing all of Dino-Rama and the carousel is replacing the Boneyard, so there isn't physically enough space to have Encanto, Carousel, Boneyard, Dinosaur, 2 stores and 2 restaurants (not food stands) plus any potential animal exhibits

Brer Panther

Taking this morning shortly after park opening. Surely dinosaur is super unpopular and must be replaced. View attachment 813964
Yes, but does it sell Encanto merchandise? DOES IT?
Why would they do that? Ideally they would have left Dinosaur, Boneyard, and the counter service as “Dinoland” and then the new mini-land would be the Encanto ride and carousel.
Or they could replace Dino-Rama with better attractions about dinosaurs or prehistoric animals, but nope. They don't have any popular dinosaur-related IPs and we gotta sell Mirabel dolls.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
It's statistically proven that any IP connected to dinosaurs they could use or ask to use (Ice Age, Good Dinosaur, Nat Geo, Walking with Dinosaurs thru relationship with the BBC), would NOT sell Mirabel dolls. If there isn't a hook to sell dolls and dresses, then why keep it around?! What is Disney, a charity?!
I mean you can put the Dinosaurs in Encanto dresses

Starship824

In the Parks
No
As long as it has some nice sets of the rooms, and some great AAs of the characters then I'd be okay with it. As long as it's not all screens, if there are a couple of places with screens or projections then that's fine IMO.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I love Remy -- this type of attraction would be welcome in AK!
I actually do like Remy I just don't think that kind of ride works for Encanto. I think Encanto is a ride that needs lots of physical sets and AAs. It can have seems or projections but they have to be used well. It has to be used in a way that can't be done physically imo.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
I actually do like Remy I just don't think that kind of ride works for Encanto. I think Encanto is a ride that needs lots of physical sets and AAs. It can have seems or projections but they have to be used well. It has to be used in a way that can't be done physically imo.
I could see a hybrid with built out sets, screenz for content and intro/outro AAs.

What's that new Peter Pan attraction like?

Chef idea Mickey`=

Out of everything announced for WDW - Encanto and the parade are the only things I genuinely want to experience.

I do think the carousel will be nice as well - fits the mood and the theme and is a good all-ages attraction.

I don’t think Indiana Jones is a natural addition to Encanto - so I’d just plus up dinosaur and the area and make it separate if it was me.
I also don't think losing the Boneyard for the kids is plus when you can keep it than just make an entrance to the Land like any other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom