News Haunted Mansion closing for short refurbishment in August 2023

JustInTime

Attachments

• IMG_5278.jpeg
    IMG_5278.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 74

JoeCamel

That Leota globe was out in 2018 before the movie was even announced. The movie has had no impact on the aesthetic of the ride.
How do you know what development was done before the movie was announced? A year before is plenty of time to gear up China and have it delivered. Look how long the Covid delay took and China was closed at that time. they were wide open in 2017-2018

JustInTime

How do you know what development was done before the movie was announced? A year before is plenty of time to gear up China and have it delivered. Look how long the Covid delay took and China was closed at that time. they were wide open in 2017-2018
What? The movie wasn’t even announced until 2020. Items with that exact hair came out over 2 years before they announced the movie. Likely planned the merch at least a year before. So 3 years before the movie was even greenlit.

Also - why do you even care? Haha

JoeCamel

What? The movie wasn’t even announced until 2020. Items with that exact hair came out over 2 years before they announced the movie. Likely planned the merch at least a year before. So 3 years before the movie was even greenlit.

Also - why do you even care? Haha
So the movie was made to look like the merch, I don't buy there is no tie given the synergy mandate. That was a while ago but the same guy is still running things and his will will be done if you want to get a paycheck
Got something better to do tonight?

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I haven't read the other posts in this thread, but having seen Haunted Mansion (the movie) this week combined with that shut down this month and the release of the movie this month, I'd have to say that something will be changed. I think it was speculated or even announced that the Hatbox Ghost was coming to WDW so at least that seems likely and the Leota Crystal Ball would be a simple change over to connect the ride to the movie. I see no harm in those changes, if they happen. It seems important to remember that if it weren't for Disney IP's (which this is) Disneyland would still be an Orange Grove and WDW would just be a semi-swamp with cattle, snakes and Gators.

Bleed0range

So the movie was made to look like the merch, I don't buy there is no tie given the synergy mandate. That was a while ago but the same guy is still running things and his will will be done if you want to get a paycheck

The synergy is that there’s a movie based on the ride and they’re finally adding hatbox ghost. That’s it. The rest is just a refurb.

yensidtlaw1969

Are you sure? I mean, I'd rather the movie have no effect on the ride, but this really looks similar to me.
View attachment 737379View attachment 737380

You guys are really reaching here - it's just a new wig. Swirly Blue Hair has been Madame Leota's look since 2005 when she started floating at Disneyland. All these hairstyles are absolutely in the same world:

Screenshot 2023-08-13 at 10.26.18 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-13 at 10.30.27 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-13 at 10.29.45 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-13 at 10.28.57 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-13 at 10.28.28 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-13 at 10.27.54 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-13 at 10.27.34 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-13 at 10.26.41 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-13 at 10.26.26 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-13 at 10.27.44 PM.png

Epcot82Guy

I agree this looks like a simple wig replacement. Synthetic hair with that much product and no regular washing/thorough cleaning is going to break down (even on a disembodied "head"). I think it's just the personal approach of the stylist.

So, Leota is now from Texas... I think it's fine.

PREMiERdrum

I agree this looks like a simple wig replacement. Synthetic hair with that much product and no regular washing/thorough cleaning is going to break down (even on a disembodied "head"). I think it's just the personal approach of the stylist.

So, Leota is now from Texas... I think it's fine.
The higher the hair, the closer to... erm... 🤷‍♂️

Bocabear

I think the new more sculptural wig looks great, and is also probably lacquered within an inch of it's life so that any cleaning or repairs to the head in the ball would not require a re-styling of the hair component... I like it... and it not so different, but feels a little more designed and stylish now.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
You guys are really reaching here - it's just a new wig. Swirly Blue Hair has been Madame Leota's look since 2005 when she started floating at Disneyland. All these hairstyles are absolutely in the same world:

View attachment 737424View attachment 737425View attachment 737426View attachment 737427View attachment 737428View attachment 737429View attachment 737431View attachment 737433View attachment 737435View attachment 737430
Fair enough...I'm not reaching for anything. I'd much rather the movie stays out of the park. I just thought it looked similar, and now thanks to this post, I see what you mean. Though I still believe the timing was likely related to the film.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom