Trip Report World’s best uncle - a different kind of Loco trip.

Season 1 Nbc GIF by The Office

This trip was quite the change of pace for us!

Here’s our main cast. Loco, A, and our niece C.
C06B7883-4036-4283-AFB3-61F5899BC304.jpeg

C is 10 years old. For a little back ground, when C was a baby up until she was almost eight she lived across the street from us. Needless to say we were quite close getting to see her every day. Unfortunately after her parents split up, they sold the house and she lives about 30 minutes from us now. Not far, but we don’t get to see her nearly as often as we once did. We were all three excited to get to spend so much time together again on this trip. I was interested to see how she would handle Disney. She’s at that time where she’s kind of in between being a kid and a big kid. Anyways many of you read the pre trip and updates, so let’s get down to business!

Day 1
Our last several trips we’ve taken a road trip and driven the entire way through the night. While this can be exhausting, it makes for a much faster and easier drive than trying to do it during the day. We would use this same tactic for this trip, hoping that C would be able to sleep for much of the trip. I stayed up super late and was able to sleep until nearly noon on the day of our departure in preparation for my long drive.

We picked up C around 5:30 that evening and were on our way!
AFF82DC9-16CF-4045-8472-EBAA63D3F9E3.jpeg

We made a stop about an hour in for some Chick-fil-A and potty break at target(the CFA was so full it was easier to go into the target next door).
41C52661-7E28-49CB-BA04-62C697110EB0.jpeg

Soon we settled in on our journey across the gulf states. Fortunately C and A both fell asleep around 10 PM and I was able to push through most of Mississippi without stopping. We reached our halfway point at around 2 AM! It was a much needed break to stretch my legs for a bit.
6E990B8D-D40F-4C09-A73A-50A1D44995B7.jpeg

The drive across the Florida panhandle is easily the worst/most boring part of the trip for me. Thankfully A was awake from her nap and kept me company during that long stretch of desolate highway. Shortly after sunup we made it to our next longer break in Live Oak, FL at the Busy Bee, a store similar to a buc-cees without as much fanfare(and higher prices). C had done a great job of sleeping through most of the night, only waking up for the occasional bathroom break.
9066EA7D-D992-44B0-A755-D6963203ADAC.jpeg

After our morning stop we were almost there. C’s excitement only grew as we approached the welcome sign!
364400C1-F27D-49BE-BE84-F701E295DB49.jpeg

A wanted to take a look at the character warehouse store, so we headed over to the outlets first. I’d never visited the outlet mall, and having visited them once, I think I’m good for another 20 years or so!

C found some ears she liked for only $7 though, so that was at least something.
BB424E01-961A-494A-9C59-74AE94610676.jpeg

Some food court pizza for C’s lunch. I had a chicken sandwich from somewhere that I don’t remember.
3834986C-F3A2-4160-BDCC-59A7C6573D3B.jpeg

We stopped by OKW on our way to the boardwalk to pick up our magic bands. We’d added a night at boardwalk last minute, so the bands were already at OKW. We were able to pick them up without any issues.

We finally decided to head to boardwalk and maybe grab some pool time.
47373D7F-26C7-4E03-9038-4706A78CBD72.jpeg

Our room ready text arrived right as we drove by this sign!

joshsprincess921

Season 1 Nbc GIF by The Office

This trip was quite the change of pace for us!

Here’s our main cast. Loco, A, and our niece C.
View attachment 721605

C is 10 years old. For a little back ground, when C was a baby up until she was almost eight she lived across the street from us. Needless to say we were quite close getting to see her every day. Unfortunately after her parents split up, they sold the house and she lives about 30 minutes from us now. Not far, but we don’t get to see her nearly as often as we once did. We were all three excited to get to spend so much time together again on this trip. I was interested to see how she would handle Disney. She’s at that time where she’s kind of in between being a kid and a big kid. Anyways many of you read the pre trip and updates, so let’s get down to business!

Day 1
Our last several trips we’ve taken a road trip and driven the entire way through the night. While this can be exhausting, it makes for a much faster and easier drive than trying to do it during the day. We would use this same tactic for this trip, hoping that C would be able to sleep for much of the trip. I stayed up super late and was able to sleep until nearly noon on the day of our departure in preparation for my long drive.

We picked up C around 5:30 that evening and were on our way!
View attachment 721618

We made a stop about an hour in for some Chick-fil-A and potty break at target(the CFA was so full it was easier to go into the target next door).
View attachment 721619

Soon we settled in on our journey across the gulf states. Fortunately C and A both fell asleep around 10 PM and I was able to push through most of Mississippi without stopping. We reached our halfway point at around 2 AM! It was a much needed break to stretch my legs for a bit.
View attachment 721617

The drive across the Florida panhandle is easily the worst/most boring part of the trip for me. Thankfully A was awake from her nap and kept me company during that long stretch of desolate highway. Shortly after sunup we made it to our next longer break in Live Oak, FL at the Busy Bee, a store similar to a buc-cees without as much fanfare(and higher prices). C had done a great job of sleeping through most of the night, only waking up for the occasional bathroom break.
View attachment 721620

After our morning stop we were almost there. C’s excitement only grew as we approached the welcome sign!
View attachment 721621

A wanted to take a look at the character warehouse store, so we headed over to the outlets first. I’d never visited the outlet mall, and having visited them once, I think I’m good for another 20 years or so!

C found some ears she liked for only $7 though, so that was at least something.
View attachment 721622

Some food court pizza for C’s lunch. I had a chicken sandwich from somewhere that I don’t remember.
View attachment 721625

We stopped by OKW on our way to the boardwalk to pick up our magic bands. We’d added a night at boardwalk last minute, so the bands were already at OKW. We were able to pick them up without any issues.

We finally decided to head to boardwalk and maybe grab some pool time.
View attachment 721623

Our room ready text arrived right as we drove by this sign!
Joining in...I concur with you on the Florida Panhandle. After Destin, it's terrible!

Loco_driver

Original Poster
I'm first? :D :D
Will Ferrell Elf GIF by filmeditor

Fried Rice Cooking GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)

everyone bronze GIF

Following, of course!
Glad to have you along. I always think about that time @Darstarr tried to get me to creep on you at Epcot!🤣

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

Hi my Pittsburgh pal!

Hi there! Following along (again)!! :joyfull:
Happy to have you(again)!!

Whoo Hoo! So happy you're doing a report. I wasn't sure if we'd only get the live version.
There was just too much fun had to just do that little live version!

I'm glad to see a full report is in the works!
Always happy to have you!

I’m in! Can’t wait to hear what C thought of everything!
Oh she certainly had some thoughts! 🤣

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Napoleon Dynamite Hello GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Tagging along too!! So bummed I never saw you but I can't wait to see what transpired!
Wait, you were there? Sorry I missed that I would’ve been happy to say hi!

Tiffany Haddish Mystery GIF by Apple TV+

Looking forward to this one

Max
Haha, it’ll be a different report from my usual that’s for sure!

Joining in...I concur with you on the Florida Panhandle. After Destin, it's terrible!
Sooooo long. It’s 200 miles from Pensacola to Tallahassee, not that I counted them or anything.

Looking forward to seeing WDW through C’s eyes.
It was a fun experience!

Drama Peek GIF

here for the details
Here to try to remember and share the details.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom