Disney, VR/AR, and Apple's WWDC 2023

esskay

Heard something similar about a Marvel or Star Wars project being shown off for xrOS a week ago (have a family member who works for Lucas) but wasn't able to find out concrete details.

Tha Realest

I'm told there might be a Disney parks ... something ... during WWDC's headset talk today. I could be wrong.
Lawnmower Man x Innoventions

1685977519881.gif

Tha Realest

I'm told there might be a Disney parks ... something ... during WWDC's headset talk today. I could be wrong.
I know the “metaverse” has been abandoned, but there was this late last year

Disney has revealed plans to turn Disney+ into an “experiential lifestyle platform” that would let users experience the company’s theme parks “from a virtual standpoint”.

Bob Chapek, Disney CEO, discussed the move in an interview with Deadline at this year’s D23 Expo. “We call it next-gen storytelling,” he said.

“We tend not to use the M word [metaverse] too often, because it has a lot of hair on it,” he added. He said the Disney+ streaming service “will not just be a movie service platform”.

It will serve as a platform “for the whole company to embody both the physical things that you might be able to experience in a theme park, but also the digital experiences that you can get through media”.

Tha Realest

Apple VR headset?

This should be affordable.

However I can finally show off how rich I am virtually !!!
The Meta Quest 3 is going to have a $499 price point.

The Apple headset was rumored to be in the many thousands ($3000-$5000). Watch them throw it out there for $2000 as a way to show how “reasonable” they’re being.

drnilescrane

Weird how they just randomly stated that the new Mac Pro could render a scene from Moana.

It's something that WDAS has publicly released and is routinely used as a technology benchmark.

Comped

So Apple buying Disney confirmed?
As I've said elsewhere, the only chance that really had it happening was while Steve Jobs was alive. Ever since it's more or less been wishful thinking on Apple's part, and some really strange folks at Disney.

esskay

So Apple buying Disney confirmed?
Please no. I don't think I could stand an Apple Certified magical breathtaking magic kingdom, now for the low price of $5000 per day.

They did just announce 'Airplay in Hotels' so dare say that could be playing a part in their partnership.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom