Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

C33Mom

I have said this for the longest time. They need to experience it as a regular person, paying out of pocket for stuff and see how things are on the ground. I think there is some combination of apathy and ignorance going on there. Marie
Guys, Bob Iger is probably worth north of $100,000,000 — it doesn’t matter if he has to pay for LLMP and BOG for his entire extended family every day for a month.

Angel Ariel

Oh, it would be great, and lots of stories of Walt having managers do it, etc ... Just not sure realistic for specific Bob or Josh to do it and not get recognized

But no reason some of the senior managers/executives less known don't do that
IMO, Tony Baxter is more recognizable than Iger or D'Amaro, and I just saw a recent video from DLR where a blogger saw Baxter in Galaxy's edge. Had the blogger not basically pointed him out in the video, I don't think I would have recognized him (definitely wouldn't have if we were doing our thing as a family in Galaxy's edge). I've seen his face on documentaries and extras a lot more than I've seen D'Amaro's.

Lilofan

Guys, Bob Iger is probably worth north of $100,000,000 — it doesn’t matter if he has to pay for LLMP and BOG for his entire extended family every day for a month.
In regards to Iger he rose up the food chain after graduating from Ithaca went to ABC 50 years ago making $150 per week as an assistant's assistant ( aka gopher ) and recently celebrated 50 years of service with TWDC. He earns approx $50M a year and still can collect his social security check and Medicare. He can pay for his expenses but he doesn't have to since it is his company. There was a time a few years back where he took no salary, cut Chapek's by 50%, and SVP, EVP, VP level cut their salaries 15-30%.

Last edited:

orky8

In regards to Iger he rose up the food chain after graduating from Ithaca went to ABC 50 years ago making $150 per week as an assistant's assistant ( aka gopher ) and recently celebrated 50 years of service with TWDC. He earns approx $50M a year and still can collect his social security check and Medicare. He can pay for his expenses but he doesn't have to since it is his company. There was a time a few years back where he took no salary, cut Chapek's by 50%, and SVP, EVP, VP level cut their salaries 15-30%.
50 years of service?!?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Dude…

He was a throw in when Eisner bought abc…they didn’t even really have a spot for him.

How’s that stock doing for the 401K?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom