News Disney Dining Plan Returns in 2024

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Bringing back our fan-favorite Disney dining plans: Time to eat! Disney dining plans will be coming back as an option for those staying at Disney Resort hotels who purchase a vacation package with us starting with stays beginning Jan. 9, 2024, which will also open for bookings on May 31. We know our guests – and families in particular – have missed dining plans, which offer guests the convenience and peace of mind of pre-paying for their meals and snacks. Guests will be able to choose from two popular options: Packages that include either the Disney Quick Service Dining Plan or the Disney Dining Plan. Both plans will be a great value for families with young children with access to many spectacular food and beverage offerings across Walt Disney World."

Dranth

"Bringing back our fan-favorite Disney dining plans: Time to eat! Disney dining plans will be coming back as an option for those staying at Disney Resort hotels who purchase a vacation package with us starting with stays beginning Jan. 9, 2024, which will also open for bookings on May 31. We know our guests – and families in particular – have missed dining plans, which offer guests the convenience and peace of mind of pre-paying for their meals and snacks. Guests will be able to choose from two popular options: Packages that include either the Disney Quick Service Dining Plan or the Disney Dining Plan. Both plans will be a great value for families with young children with access to many spectacular food and beverage offerings across Walt Disney World."

I know people like the dinning plans but the no more park res for non-AP tickets and booking in advance with G+ seems like nice changes.

note2001

Of course the DDP is coming back, this should be good for a laugh.

Looks like Disney is still undecided on how much the "Take my money!" suckers will pay. Any guesses? :eek:
I'm thinking 30-40% higher than the last round that existed.

I'm interested in the Tables in Wonderland discount card - that (at one time) was well worth it.

Last edited:

TestTrack

Hm....not sure if I should be disappointed or not that this won't happen in time for my trip...on one hand....the dining plan removed some stress of seeing a dollar amount pop up on your trip...on the other hand....every mathematical review I came up with said at best you would come out even....if not a bit behind compared to paying out of pocket.

Jahona

So from reading on their site, the two plans they are offering differ from what was last seen in 2020.

The main difference was in 2020 you got 2 snack credits per night and now you're back to 1.
It will be seen if there are changes to Table Service dining. Does it only allow for an entree or it still include desert?

ToTBellHop

So from reading on their site, the two plans they are offering differ from what was last seen in 2020.

The main difference was in 2020 you got 2 snack credits per night and now you're back to 1.
It will be seen if there are changes to Table Service dining. Does it only allow for an entree or it still include desert?
You’ll get an appetizer and a water and you’ll be thankful for that!

note2001

Hm....not sure if I should be disappointed or not that this won't happen in time for my trip...on one hand....the dining plan removed some stress of seeing a dollar amount pop up on your trip...on the other hand....every mathematical review I came up with said at best you would come out even....if not a bit behind compared to paying out of pocket.
It was always the stress free version of vacationing as you mentioned. Anytime people figured out a way to exploit the system Disney was quick to close that loophole. Imagine Scrooge McDuck throwing a fit over a piece of coal.

If you don't want to see the dollars spent and don't really care about the totals, sure, go for it, but don't whine about the credit card bill for the entire trip when it comes due.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
@Sirwalterraleigh I can’t tell if this (and the reservation changes) is because they have staffing at sufficient levers, or if this one of those levers they use to address softening/cratering demand
…I’m on the phone with my “Levers consultant” right now…

It’s convenient because he shares an office with my accountant, barber and exterminator too 😎

CaptainAmerica

You’ll get an appetizer and a water and you’ll be thankful for that!
The correct answer is so simple.

1 entree; 1 soft drink; 1 appetizer OR desert

Done. It doesn't need to be more complicated than that, and yet they've never offered it this way. They don't need to include milkshakes and alcohol as drinks. They sure as heck shouldn't be charging everyone for alcohol if they're going to call a 10 year old an adult.

ToTBellHop

The correct answer is so simple.

1 entree; 1 soft drink; 1 appetizer OR desert

Done. It doesn't need to be more complicated than that, and yet they've never offered it this way. They don't need to include milkshakes and alcohol as drinks. They sure as heck shouldn't be charging everyone for alcohol if they're going to call a 10 year old an adult.
Just like the Fantasmic! packages.

Wait, can my 10-y.o.s get a wine at Tony’s so they chill out? It’s my vacation, too, dammit!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jahona

Or offer a separate drinks package as an add-on even, if someone likes it included. But there's no way a seventh grader, a 30 year old who doesn't drink, and a 30 year old who does drink should all be the same base price.
Sounds like what the cruise lines do. I wonder if they are just trying to keep things simplified.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom