News Live-Action Ariel Meet and Greet at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

tcool123

The kids aren’t confused. I work at a resort with a pool and was interacting with a little girl yesterday with dolls of (new) Ariel and her sisters in the pool. She was just so excited to see the movie this weekend!
When I was kid I knew the difference between live-action and animated versions such as 101 Dalmatians and Jungle Book. It truly isn't that difficult. I honestly had a harder time telling apart Aurora and Cinderella 🤷‍♂️

Perhaps if it is a very young child when they're like four or younger , but they also likely lack the exposure to the new Ariel.

I would like to point out though that is a win for DHS in capacity as this replaced nothing! A very tiny victory, but one none the less.

Vegas Disney Fan

Weren’t there issues with using Enchanted in the parks because she was a real person and they’d have to pay royalties to Amy Adams to use her likeness in the parks?

I wonder if they addressed that with the contract or if Bailey is getting royalties for this? Thats a nice extra is she’s getting a check for someone else playing her.

Trauma

For the posters who are fixated on the color of someone’s skin let me explain it this way.

You take a white girl who doesn’t have red hair, put her in that costume. Only the most hardcore of Disney fans would have any chance identifying her as Ariel.

dreday3

For the posters who are fixated on the color of someone’s skin let me explain it this way.

You take a white girl who doesn’t have red hair, put her in that costume. Only the most hardcore of Disney fans would have any chance identifying her as Ariel.

That would only apply to those who haven't seen the movie. Not many have had a chance yet, thus the reason they are explaining it's the Live Action Ariel.

Soon they won't have to.

Trauma

That would only apply to those who haven't seen the movie. Not many have had a chance yet, thus the reason they are explaining it's the Live Action Ariel.

Soon they won't have to.
Sure but none of the live action Disney movies have had a cultural impact even close to the originals. Not a single one. Nobody cares about them except a group of hardcore fans.

Now will Mermaid break that trend?

That remains to be seen.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Was this ever a thing? I've watched and seen F! since like forever, and Ariel has always been mermaid form on the princess barge and steamboat.

If it's the B-mode finale without the steamboat, she doesn't appear on the stage with Eric.

Curious if there's ever been documentation that she indeed appeared as human in the show before lol.

Side note, if they made her human with legs in the WDW version, there would be no reason to give her hazard pay anymore as she currently goes under a fire blanket during the finale fireworks since she's bot mobile enough to take cover with the rest of the characters.
My mistake for misremembering.

But she is belegged of the Holiday parade.

1685125755347.png

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
For continuity shenanigans, consider Belle.

She appears in the parks both in her peasant costume and ballroom costume.

When she's in her ballroom costume, she's considered a princess... even though she hasn't married Prince Adam yet. In her ballroom costume, she appears with Beast, to whom she isn't married yet because he's still "the Beast", and thus, not a princess.

When she's in her peasant costume... why are we meeting with a peasant again?

dreday3

For continuity shenanigans, consider Belle.

She appears in the parks both in her peasant costume and ballroom costume.

When she's in her ballroom costume, she's considered a princess... even though she hasn't married Prince Adam yet. In her ballroom costume, she appears with Beast, to whom she isn't married yet because he's still "the Beast", and thus, not a princess.

When she's in her peasant costume... why are we meeting with a peasant again?

I'll assume she still wears her peasant clothes out and about to show that she's for the people and of the people.

😄

Kirby86

I do wonder how it would have worked if the VoTLM was still playing at DHS and if they would have the M&G at WDP or someplace else?
They probably would still have it at WDP. WDP is the go to place for promoting the up and coming movies. As far as we know this is a limited time meet and greet, so I don't belive the company would be to worried about making a permanent instalation closer to the show or be concerned that there's a show with classic Ariel in the same park as this meet and greet.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Sorry for the Princess Brand tangent but...

The "Disney Princess" brand exists solely as a marketing ploy. Nothing more.

They synergistically increase brand awareness and sell merch much more so together than separately.

If any princess doesn't make it into that group, its either because they're not popular enough and they'll dilute the brand, or, they're way too popular such that they don't need the brand. Such is the case with the Frozen royalty. They're making bank on their own.

Trauma

Sorry for the Princess Brand tangent but...

The "Disney Princess" brand exists solely as a marketing ploy. Nothing more.

They synergistically increase brand awareness and sell merch much more so together than separately.

If any princess doesn't make it into that group, its either because they're not popular enough and they'll dilute the brand, or, they're way too popular such that they don't need the brand. Such is the case with the Frozen royalty. They're making bank on their own.
So what do you think will happen in this case ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom