Live-Action reimagining of Moana

erasure fan1

All that said, come at me with a James Cameron Finding Nemo live-action and we will talk.
Don't you worry, I don't believe we are all that far off from the Pixar live action remake era. And what a magical era it will be. Toy story, incredibles, Up, monsters inc, Coco it's going to be AWESOME!!!

BlakeW39

Don't you worry, I don't believe we are all that far off from the Pixar live action remake era. And what a magical era it will be. Toy story, incredibles, Up, monsters inc, Coco it's going to be AWESOME!!!

oh dear god 💀 let's hope these remakes stop making money by then

erasure fan1

oh dear god 💀 let's hope these remakes stop making money by then
The draw is just too great for Disney. It's going to take a string of monumental failures for Disney to stop. Even then, I could see them trying Nemo, toy story and the Incredibles, just because of how big they were. When Lion king did nearly 1.7bil, all hope was just about lost.

BlakeW39

The draw is just too great for Disney. It's going to take a string of monumental failures for Disney to stop. Even then, I could see them trying Nemo, toy story and the Incredibles, just because of how big they were. When Lion king did nearly 1.7bil, all hope was just about lost.

Mermaid isn't doing that well though, and the remakes are decreasing in financial returns as more are released. I think if they continue them then we will see quite a few box office bombs.

TLK was TLK also. Complete fluke. None of the others will even make a billion I don't think from now on.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I was being sarcastic, my point is, the songs both stick out like sore thumbs and are both written by LMM.
LMM wrote a song that stayed at the top of Billboard for months (Bruno). Not to mention plenty other well received songs and all of Hamilton.

So, I don't know why saying they were written by LMM is a bad thing.

I like 'Shiny.' It stands out indeed, but, they're in that mythos' monster land, so, it should stick out.

But I will agree that 'Scuttlebutt' was bad.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There's a whole thread about remakes in general with actual data rather than just spitballing characterizations about how popular or financially successful they are (or not)...

This is particularly the Moana remake thread.

erasure fan1

Mermaid isn't doing that well though, and the remakes are decreasing in financial returns as more are released. I think if they continue them then we will see quite a few box office bombs.

TLK was TLK also. Complete fluke. None of the others will even make a billion I don't think from now on.

I hope you are right. I just can't see a scenario outside of the next few live action films ending in the 80 to 100mil range, that makes Disney stop. Even then their absolute most popular movies will be remade at some point no matter what. They just won't put them so close together.

BlakeW39

I hope you are right. I just can't see a scenario outside of the next few live action films ending in the 80 to 100mil range, that makes Disney stop. Even then their absolute most popular movies will be remade at some point no matter what. They just won't put them so close together.

they might be remade eventually, but I think some diminishing financial returns could put a stop to the profuse remake after remake and remake trend.

A lot of these established intellectual property driven films that Hollywood has been infatuated with recently have been bombing over the past year or two. Can't believe they thought we needed a D&D film really.

Mario did well, but Mario is Mario— one of the biggest franchises in the history of entertainment. A literal gaming icon and then some.

MagicHappens1971

LMM wrote a song that stayed at the top of Billboard for months (Bruno). Not to mention plenty other well received songs and all of Hamilton.

I like 'Shiny.' It stands out indeed, but, they're in that mythos' monster land, so, it should stick out.

I like LMM, wasn’t saying that he writes bad songs, and am a big Hamilton fan.

Just feel that Scuttlebutt & Shiny are in the same camp. Just my opinon

MarvelCharacterNerd

I LOVE LMM and I LOVE Moana, but I absolutely HATED "Shiny" as I thought it so didn't fit with the rest of the soundtrack.

That said, a while later, I saw a live version of the song that was outstanding and instantly loved the song - and I realized, the problem was not the song - it was Jermaine Clement's performance of it that was so annoying. :p The song itself is actually great, when it's not sung in a terribly distracting "I'm trying to sound like David Bowie and failing epically" way. ;)

For those who hated the movie version of the song - check it out 12 minutes into this video and see if you like it better this way:

MickeyLuv'r

I LOVE LMM and I LOVE Moana, but I absolutely HATED "Shiny" as I thought it so didn't fit with the rest of the soundtrack.

That said, a while later, I saw a live version of the song that was outstanding and instantly loved the song - and I realized, the problem was not the song - it was Jermaine Clement's performance of it that was so annoying. :p The song itself is actually great, when it's not sung in a terribly distracting "I'm trying to sound like David Bowie and failing epically" way. ;)

For those who hated the movie version of the song - check it out 12 minutes into this video and see if you like it better this way:

This is a little funny, because I recently watched the Flight of the Conchords S1Ep6- called Bowie. It might have been the inspiration.

(I kinda like Shiny. Yes, it sticks out from the rest of the film, but that is part of why I sorta like it.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom