News Disney100 Celebration coming to EPCOT in late 2023

MagicHappens1971

DAK should have a “parade” on the water. But yeah the pathways aren’t ideal.

I notice you don’t exclude DHS from parades. It’s criminal it doesn’t have a daytime parade. Is there even anything still in their parade storage building?
I believe the Pixar Pals or whatever it was called parade is still in storage. But I could be wrong. DHS could use a new daytime parade.

TTA94

No. It was tried for the 2000 celebration and became operationally a problem. I don't think we will ever see parades at a EPCOT or DAK again.

Well there goes my secret hope of a 100th parade or cavalcade for Epcot Lol. Guess it really will be just the new Epcot nighttime show and SSE display for the 100th.

Squishy

I notice you don’t exclude DHS from parades. It’s criminal it doesn’t have a daytime parade. Is there even anything still in their parade storage building?
From recent photos only the movable stage floats are stored there & there has been a wall put up in the middle of the building so I dont see how any decently sized parade can be stored unless they demo the wall or build another storage building.
1682628064345.png

TTA94

From recent photos only the movable stage floats are stored there & there has been a wall put up in the middle of the building so I dont see how any decently sized parade can be stored unless they demo the wall or build another storage building.
View attachment 713002

To small for the PTN floats lol. JK. I personally would not like a nighttime parade at DHS and I hope DHS is not in consideration. I just don’t care for DHSs parade route.

doctornick

To small for the PTN floats lol. JK. I personally would not like a nighttime parade at DHS and I hope DHS is not in consideration. I just don’t care for DHSs parade route.

Realistically, DHS would be better served by a daytime parade anyway. There's actually already decent entertainment options there at night between F! and the hub show (I think just Wonderful World of Animation these days, right?).

But a daytime parade would help to shore up the offerings in that park. Would love to see them bring back sometime like the Pixar parade at some point.

gerarar

Premium Member
(I think just Wonderful World of Animation these days, right?).
Disney Movie Magic and Wonderful World of Animation show back-to-back usually right before the second Fantasmic! of the night.

Many sit down for the shows, so it's a nice breather for guests.

I will note that they recently plussed WWoA with additional (low) pyro, perhaps from some leftover from DE and Harmonious maybe?

Last edited:

brb1006

The last DHS had a parade was the Frozen Summer Fun Event between 2014 till 2015.

brb1006

Realistically, DHS would be better served by a daytime parade anyway. There's actually already decent entertainment options there at night between F! and the hub show (I think just Wonderful World of Animation these days, right?).

But a daytime parade would help to shore up the offerings in that park. Would love to see them bring back sometime like the Pixar parade at some point.
Heck a parade for Wish would been perfect to run during the evening hours.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The Disney100 celebration at EPCOT begin September 22 and runs through December 31, 2023.

Well we're getting:
  • Selfie spots
  • Specialized M&Gs
  • a mural
  • A 10 minute SSE light-show
  • some special food and a new popcorn bucket
Woo hoo!! <that's sarcasm>

We're still missing announcements for the opening of the hub with JoW:IbM, the central landscaped ring, Dreamer's Point, and Communicore showplace. As well as a new Lagoon fireworks.

TheMaxRebo

Of the stuff announced I think I am most excited about the mural

"Be sure to check out the all-new mural at the heart of World Celebration to see how many of the 100 Disney characters you can find in the incredible scene. This expansive mural located along the walkway to World Showcase will feature some of your favorite characters hidden throughout the various neighborhoods of EPCOT."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom