News Disney100 Celebration coming to EPCOT in late 2023

ToTBellHop

Are they the monthly special at each park?!? I’m in. I’ll be buying an annual pa… oh wait…

Will they have different flavors than basic vanilla, or will that be an up charge? And can my wine be brown, and taste like a good bourbon? You did say “wine”, right? Oops. My bad.
There are actually some pretty good flavors at DAK for April…

Goofnut1980

I am booking tickets now to go each month. These are rare and one of a kind experiences.. Why aren't you all doing the same thing. This is about 200x better than anything done for the 50th... hhhhhahahahahahaahahahahahahaha
I mean... they could have created "Year of a Million Dreams 2.0" At least that one was fun and you won little treats. That was probably my favorite promotion I remember.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Platinum Disney100 photo op arrives at EPCOT​

Epcot_Full_51512.jpg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Hmmm... this feels more like an aluminum-level event than a platinum-level event.

But, in all seriousness - That looks rather pathetic to my eye. My, how the once-mighty have fallen. Hopefully they will beef up the celebration feeling with some thoughtfully-designed banners, at least?

James Alucobond

Hmmm... this feels more like an aluminum-level event than a platinum-level event.

But, in all seriousness - That looks rather pathetic to my eye. My, how the once-mighty have fallen. Hopefully they will beef up the celebration feeling with some thoughtfully-designed banners, at least?
It's a company milestone, not a park one, and one that also overlaps with other milestones like Animal Kingdom's 25th and EPCOT's 40th. I wouldn't necessarily expect it to have that much of a presence outside of the photo ops and the things apparently planned for EPCOT this autumn.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It's a company milestone, not a park one, and one that also overlaps with other milestones like Animal Kingdom's 25th and EPCOT's 40th. I wouldn't necessarily expect it to have that much of a presence outside of the photo ops and the things apparently planned for EPCOT this autumn.

I'm sure I've just missed all the celebratory decorations for those two. Surely there would have been something for Epcot's 40th that I simply missed when I was there in late September (actually flew home on October 1, thanks to Ian)? Both were "blink-and-you'll-miss-it" events that, for all intents and purposes, happened on the day-of only, with the focus on merchandise and cupcakes and popcorn buckets.

They celebrated Walt's 100th birthday, and one could argue that was a company milestone. Year of a Million Dreams was neither a company milestone nor a park milestone but it got what used to be the standard Disney celebration treatment. DLP's 30th was more of a celebration than WDW's 50th. And I'll bet 100 yen that Tokyo's 40th is as well.

We'll see what else Epcot ends up getting for the 100th. Although I must admit platinum is far better than that fugly EARidescent nonsense...

James Alucobond

I'm sure I've just missed all the celebratory decorations for those two. Surely there would have been something for Epcot's 40th that I simply missed when I was there in late September (actually flew home on October 1, thanks to Ian)? Both were "blink-and-you'll-miss-it" events that, for all intents and purposes, happened on the day-of only, with the focus on merchandise and cupcakes and popcorn buckets.

They celebrated Walt's 100th birthday, and one could argue that was a company milestone. Year of a Million Dreams was neither a company milestone nor a park milestone but it got what used to be the standard Disney celebration treatment. DLP's 30th was more of a celebration than WDW's 50th. And I'll bet 100 yen that Tokyo's 40th is as well.

We'll see what else Epcot ends up getting for the 100th. Although I must admit platinum is far better than that fugly EARidescent nonsense...
Not saying they're doing a great job with all of the overlapping celebrations, just that the 100th has not been billed as anything even remotely notable at WDW until EPCOT puts it center stage later this year. So maybe judge whatever that may entail then and take the photo ops for what they are now.

ToTBellHop

That 100 design feels like what you’d find in a film adaptation of a post-apocalyptic YA novel to me.

Like, “what if Magic Kingdom was in District 13?” is the feeling.

fgmnt

This is also nominally the same company that invested a lot of money in EPCOT to celebrate something far less personal to them, the new millennium.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
So this 100th celebration is from the formation of the company right? We already had 100th for Walt Disney being born...what's the next 100th celebration we'll have?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

tparris

First look at a new light display on Spaceship Earth, coming later this year as part of the Disney100 celebration.

View attachment 712645

Maybe they’ll finally fix that one light fixture in the front that’s been broken for over a year now

doctornick

No. It was tried for the 2000 celebration and became operationally a problem. I don't think we will ever see parades at a EPCOT or DAK again.
DAK should have a “parade” on the water. But yeah the pathways aren’t ideal.

I notice you don’t exclude DHS from parades. It’s criminal it doesn’t have a daytime parade. Is there even anything still in their parade storage building?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom