News Avatar Experience coming to Disneyland Resort

mickEblu

I think Frozen would be a better fit for Fantasyland expansion perhaps taking over the theater instead of going in the DL forward pad.

I agree. But I will say on my last trip to DLR my son asked to do Philharmagic and there is something nice about having a theatre as an option at the resort. Especially a cozy indoor theatre with comfy suede seats. It’s a nice change of pace and adds variety to the roster. With all this talk of the theaters at DLR going away I hope that at least one remains. Of all of the theaters I’m probably least attached to the FL theatre and most attached to the old Muppets theatre now that ITTBAB is gone. You’d think I’d have a greater attachment to the TL theater as I’m a big Captain Eo fan but there’s nothing about the theater itself that I particularly care for.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’m hoping for no Oakens unless they make it at least on the level of something like 7DMT. Even then, it wouldn’t be my first or 5th choice for DL Forward.
Personally I think they need another junior coaster (specifically for the under 40" crowd) at DLR, so Oaken's works for that. Now if they want to add more to it to plus it up for any DLR version I'd be for that, maybe more indoor scenes.

Phroobar

Each park should have a theater for stage shows and they should always have a stage show going on. There should always be a daytime parade promoting the latest Disney movie. However, TDA sees no reason for these promotions to get people into the park. People keep coming regardless of the entertainment offered. Even Magic Mountain lost their Grizzly Lodge theater earlier this year for yet another coaster.. At least Knotts still has the Walter Knott theater even though they aren't doing anything with either.

mickEblu

Personally I think they need another junior coaster (specifically for the under 40" crowd) at DLR, so Oaken's works for that. Now if they want to add more to it to plus it up for any DLR version I'd be for that, maybe more indoor scenes.

If there is enough room I’m good with a Junior coaster but not before we get a real E ticket coaster. DLR probably has more to do for kids and families per square foot than any theme park or resort in the world. It’s pretty light on thrills though especially comparing to some of WDW’s recent additions. Not to mention that over 2/3 of the thrill rides at DLR can be accomplished by a 4 year old.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If there is enough room I’m good with a Junior coaster but not before we get a real E ticket coaster. DLR probably has more to do for kids and families per square foot than any theme park or resort in the world. It’s pretty light on thrills though especially comparing to some of WDW’s recent additions. Not to mention that over 2/3 of the thrill rides at DLR can be accomplished by a 4 year old.
I know I keep mentioning it, but it bears repeating again since I think it applies to a lot of people, I don't need more thrills at DLR. If I want more thrills I can go to Uni, Six Flags, or any other regional amusement park. I go to DLR for the other experiences that don't involve thrills. And as you get older and age starts hitting your body I suspect you'll start falling into that and feeling the same way as well. ;)

DLR went a whole 69 years with the limited thrill rides it has had, I think it can go another 69 years with continuing to be limited on thrills, even if they add a few more.

Also I can't speak for your 4 year olds, but I can tell you that not all 4 year olds are thrill seekers and won't go on even the ones they have. So adding more for the under 40" crowd, including another coaster, would also add more for those that don't want thrills, or want limited thrills.

Professortango1

I know I keep mentioning it, but it bears repeating again since I think it applies to a lot of people, I don't need more thrills at DLR. If I want more thrills I can go to Uni, Six Flags, or any other regional amusement park. I go to DLR for the other experiences that don't involve thrills. And as you get older and age starts hitting your body I suspect you'll start falling into that and feeling the same way as well. ;)

DLR went a whole 69 years with the limited thrill rides it has had, I think it can go another 69 years with continuing to be limited on thrills, even if they add a few more.

Also I can't speak for your 4 year olds, but I can tell you that not all 4 year olds are thrill seekers and won't go on even the ones they have. So adding more for the under 40" crowd, including another coaster, would also add more for those that don't want thrills, or want limited thrills.
I don't care about the thrill level, I care about the ride being a full experience that matches its aesthetic. Oaken is a worse version of SDMT, which itself has a lot of complaints about not living up to the look of the attraction and the wait time. I love both BTMRR and Pinocchio's Daring Journey, so its not about how intense the ride is, but if Disney is building a themed mountain coaster, it should be substantial enough where it stands toe to toe with BTMRR and SM in terms of length, show scenes, detail, and signature moments.

I will also point out that the little kids do have Chip and Dale's Go Coaster already. Not sure that the under 4 demographic needs a wide variety of "my first coaster" options considering there are plenty of experiences they can enjoy and its not like they are at the park from opening to close.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom