Trail’s End Restaurant closing this Spring to reopen with a new concept

JohnD

Okay, so my upcoming trip begins 4/16. I grabbed an ADR at Trail's End because of this news. But should I go just because it's the first and last time I'll ever be there? It's another dinner with a BBQ skillet, like Wilderness Cafe. I grabbed another ADR at Boma for an hour later because I could and frankly I like going there for breakfast and dinner.

Thoughts?

Disstevefan1

Okay, so my upcoming trip begins 4/16. I grabbed an ADR at Trail's End because of this news. But should I go just because it's the first and last time I'll ever be there? It's another dinner with a BBQ skillet, like Wilderness Cafe. I grabbed another ADR at Boma for an hour later because I could and frankly I like going there for breakfast and dinner.

Thoughts?
You should go because it's the first and last time you will ever be there! 👍

buckeyegator

Thoughts?
price wise you cannot beat it, 22.00 for breakfast, 32.00 for dinner plus discounts if you have them.breakfast appears to be buffet-style again.

JohnD

price wise you cannot beat it, 22.00 for breakfast, 32.00 for dinner plus discounts if you have them.breakfast appears to be buffet-style again.
Thanks. I won't be there for breakfast. I arrive that day so it would only be a dinner reservation. But definitely family style though.

Last edited:

note2001

I'm trying to recall if Trail's End existed in any form or other name back when we first camped in the fort in '72. Is it original to The Fort?
(I was a little kid and only cared about the playgrounds, swimming and once I discovered it, the MK.)

I recall we'd go out to eat once per trip and that was always brunch at the Top of the World at the Contemporary (yes, they moved the name to BLT.)

Raxel7851

Many years ago Trails End was a sit down restaurant and a small bar area. There wasn’t any QS of any type. This was also before the refillable mug offering. You could get snacks and camping supplies at the trading posts. The food offerings were pretty slim. You basically had to make sure you stopped at a supermarket before you arrived at FW.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
They're going to increase prices by switching from an all-you-can-eat TS buffet to an a la carte quick service?

I guarantee you the check average will be going down here, not to mention the switch from a tipped workforce to a non-tipped workforce. There might be a cynical explanation to the change, but this one ain't it. Or just maybe they had feedback that the resort needed a QS option and this is a customer service play. Crazy talk, right?
Maybe -- but Uncle George won't be paying $35 for four fried chickens and a coke any more. Those four fried chickens will wind up costing him as much as a day at the Magic Kingdom.

JohnD

Still holding on to a TE dinner ADR for this Sunday night. Yeah, it could be my first and last ADR there ever but I hedged my bets on a Boma ADR for an hour later. Cannot go wrong with Boma and I have a similar ADR compared to TE later in the week at Roundup Rodeo anyway. So thinking about canceling.

Eric Graham

Still holding on to a TE dinner ADR for this Sunday night. Yeah, it could be my first and last ADR there ever but I hedged my bets on a Boma ADR for an hour later. Cannot go wrong with Boma and I have a similar ADR compared to TE later in the week at Roundup Rodeo anyway. So thinking about canceling.
Yes, Boma is really good! We enjoy it!

JohnD

I have decided to release at noon EDT my TE 4/16 7:10pm ADR to give you time to grab it.

I already have an ADR for Boma at 8:15pm the same night (I have been deciding which to release) and, while the allure of having an ADR for TE for the 1st and last time is tempting, it's still another skillet meal like Wilderness Cafe and now Roundup Rodeo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom