News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

rtmachine

Tomorrow ?
it seems like this mist effect will be cool at night but I can't see how it will be the same with the bright Florida sunshine behind it during the day , but I guess we will see soon enough.

harryk

It went down for about 10 minutes that night. It had evac'd the previous two nights, though.
Wonder how much was involved in lack of continuous maintenance through the years. What with the failures of the set pieces due to lack of maintenance how much overflowed to the ride system...

Sir_Cliff

You don't even know if the view will be different at all yet, the mist could be far enough back it doesn't change the sightline at all
Well, now that we've finished criticising the dialogue in the attraction based on a few words heard out of context, it's time to criticise how a mist effect no-one has experienced ruins the view.

I also get people's scepticism about how long this effect is kept working, but can't we wait until it actually stops working and isn't repaired before we start complaining about how it has stopped working and Disney won't repair it?

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
20240509_093604.jpg
20240509_100323.jpg
20240509_100634(0).jpg

A few more photos from this morning. They have installed the Tiana’s Foods "stand" under the train station for the touch points.

SpectroMan93

Well, now that we've finished criticising the dialogue in the attraction based on a few words heard out of context, it's time to criticise how a mist effect no-one has experienced ruins the view.

I also get people's scepticism about how long this effect is kept working, but can't we wait until it actually stops working and isn't repaired before we start complaining about how it has stopped working and Disney won't repair it?
And I think the vast majority of guests will be more preoccupied with the 50 foot drop in front of them than the realization that their two second view became a one second view lol.

JohnD

I actually like the mist idea, except it will be broken within a week and they won't fix it and they'll spin at as a 'opening week limited time magic' activation 😂
I can believe that. How often was the mist working in POTC before they decided to stop doing it?

JohnD

I wouldn't mind the mist at all, especially when going through it on a hot day or night. The real concern is how long it will be around. Sorry but it's a valid concern. It was a crap shoot getting the mist and projection in POTC. You never knew when it was going to work.

neo999955

In the Parks
No
The biggest mist crime has to be at the top of Expedition Everest.
Wait what?! I've never heard of that.

Regarding Tiana, I am happy to wait to ride to see how it all comes together. I still have a lot of faith in this ride. I did LOVE that brief view of the park right before the drop, but you get a similar view earlier in the ride which is also quite nice.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Wait what?! I've never heard of that.

Regarding Tiana, I am happy to wait to ride to see how it all comes together. I still have a lot of faith in this ride. I did LOVE that brief view of the park right before the drop, but you get a similar view earlier in the ride which is also quite nice.
Well at the top of Everest you are supposed to be pretty much in the clouds, and there was an elaborate misting system installed to cover the peaks with dense mist, visible from the ground and on the ride. The mist system had all kinds of issues, including corroding all kinds of systems, and was permanently deactivated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom