News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Mireille

Premium Member
View attachment 783304View attachment 783305View attachment 783306View attachment 783307View attachment 783308View attachment 783310View attachment 783311View attachment 783312View attachment 783313View attachment 783314

Here’s some additional photos from yesterday, May 4. The newest addition in the queue is the "children garden," as well as the walls being pushed back near the entrance for some breathing room in the walkway. There's no log testing on weekends (as of now) but everything was lit up!
What a disaster! That yellow trashcan looks so bad. And why would they have a ladder in the middle of the queue? What are they thinking?! And those orange cones don't seem to go with the theme at all! And just having brown walls in front of things really takes me out of the atmosphere. This is going to be terrible. Disney has really gone to pot! (/s if it's not obvious.)

DCBaker

Premium Member
It appears the tiara on the water tower in Disneyland has a different finish vs the one in Magic Kingdom (via this post on X from Splash Mountain Archives). First photo is from Disneyland, second is from Magic Kingdom yesterday.

GMxZaHGbsAAAFhI.jpeg

tanc

The only thing I geninuely things I don't like are the canvas and some of the sign themes. Whether or not they are really authentic to that era, I'm not sure. I just think they feel so off and so much more "modern" than the rest of the themeing to me.

Besides that I'm glad it's all coming along, I just hope for a release date soon. Everyone of these holidays makes me anticipate a date but I guess we'll have to wait even more.

Tha Realest

Absolutely, you are correct, yet their "plan" they have decided on has meant for Halloween to be announced before Tiana, for whatever reason. Now that this is happening, Tiana will follow.
This seems counterintuitive if the push was for this to drive summer attendance. Waiting until mid-May to announce a June-ish opening date seems unhelpful in that regard.

Smooth

What a disaster! That yellow trashcan looks so bad. And why would they have a ladder in the middle of the queue? What are they thinking?! And those orange cones don't seem to go with the theme at all! And just having brown walls in front of things really takes me out of the atmosphere. This is going to be terrible. Disney has really gone to pot! (/s if it's not obvious.)
LADDER can stand anywhere LADDER wants to stand.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
View attachment 783019View attachment 783020View attachment 783021View attachment 783028View attachment 783022View attachment 783023View attachment 783024View attachment 783025View attachment 783026View attachment 783027

Photos from earlier this afternoon. As I shared earlier, tons of final touches are being done with the flora outside, and in the queue. After that, it's done and ready to be revealed to the world. I was going to go back tonight to get more videos, but it's way too hot outside. I know I'll be there multiple days next week, so more updates to come.
This is so embarrassing because I’ve been on this ride many, many times, but for the life of me, I cannot place where the yellow painted barn is?

Facing the mountain, is it on the left or right? It is part of the standby queue?

Ghost93

This seems counterintuitive if the push was for this to drive summer attendance. Waiting until mid-May to announce a June-ish opening date seems unhelpful in that regard.

Maybe the members of the Tianas Food Co-op had to hash out an agreement to get Halloween off as a paid holiday, and they didn't want to announce an opening date for the business until all Halloween-related matters were settled.

allgiggles

I'm anxiously awaiting the opening date for TBA and I'm kind of hoping it doesn't open until late June so that it's *after* our upcoming trip. I really don't want it to open while we're there because I know MK will be a madhouse when it opens and that whole area of the park will be one huge CF. I'd rather wait another year or two to see this ride rather than deal with the inevitable headaches during the first week or two that it's open.

Last edited by a moderator:

SilentWindODoom

I suppose I’ve never really thought of Beauty and the Beast in relation to the French Revolution given how historically vague and aesthetically noncommittal the whole thing is. Some of the most prominent costumes, including Belle’s ball gown, look distinctly nineteenth century, while the villagers are sartorially all over the place. The live-action version is more obviously going for an ancien régime look.

Yeah, it's a silly little bit of overthinking older fans do sometimes. Like thinking about the Depression's effects on Tiana's business portfolio.

Honestly, within these gates is a land of a fantastical, idealized past. Maybe the market in Tiana's world never crashed.

Nevertheless, when it comes to the Tiana's flavors of "Original, Red Chili, Roasted Garlic, and Roasted Pepper", Tabasco does sell a green and garlic pepper sauce. Their original is red, but they also sell a buffalo.

Anyone know any companies with flavors that line up with Tiana's offerings?

Ghost93

And just to keep this post on topic, I'm anxiously awaiting the opening date for TBA and I'm kind of hoping it doesn't open until late June so that it's *after* our upcoming trip. I really don't want it to open while we're there because I know MK will be a madhouse when it opens and that whole area of the park will be one huge CF. I'd rather wait another year or two to see this ride rather than deal with the inevitable headaches during the first week or two that it's open.
If the ride opens when you are there, there is a chance it might actually decrease the lines for all of the other rides.

allgiggles

If the ride opens when you are there, there is a chance it might actually decrease the lines for all of the other rides.

Good point. I've already decided that if it opens while we're there, we will plan to do a full day at MK hopefully *before* it opens. That way when it does open, while we'll return to MK, we'll be sure to have completed our "must do" rides before that day. And hopefully we'll get an ILL or VQ for TBA because I don't want to hear all the whining from my kids (all full-grown adults...some with children of their own) if it's open while we're there and we don't get to ride it. :D

We survived being at EP the day after Frozen opened (we purposely avoided it on opening day) so I'm sure we could survive TBA opening while we're there.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Tiana's Bayou Adventure has been added to the internal attractions system for Magic Kingdom cast members and is listed along with all the other operating attractions such as Winnie the Pooh and Tomorrowland Speedway. Listed as Standby (Not Available) but does that mean that it'll operate with standby instead of VQ? Who knows.
Either way, this means that CM previews are starting very soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom