News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Fido Chuckwagon

I don't know if this is accurate, but I also remember hearing that on splash they could control how wet people got throughout the ride by turning down/off the water cannons and changing the water level at the bottom of the drop. If it was colder, the riders would get less wet.
They turned down water effects during covid (probably to prevent masks from getting soaked), so this is definitely accurate.

The cannons made the evac walkway wet, I believe.

Granted, plenty of the other walkways are wet, too...since it's a water ride.
But are the cannons there now? I don't remember who said they were taken out.

The fence still being there doesn't actually mean the cannons are still there.

EDIT: I'm blocked from replying in here for some reason, but @Drew the Disney Dude is that picture you just sent from tonight?

Last edited:

Incomudro

Where did this idea come from? I interviewed Don Carson (one of the managing Imagineers on the WDW Splash project) back when the retheme was announced and all we had was the original concept art with the boat. He said:

I've posted the full interview on here in some other thread, but I think he would have brought up the fact that the mountain couldn't support the boat if that were the case.
I don't have a source from someone close to the project at all.
It was something that was stated by some people on this forum who claimed it was valid.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Night time pictures from BlogMickey. I have to admit, it looks at better and more magical at night.
Screen Shot 2024-05-01 at 1.26.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-05-01 at 1.26.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-05-01 at 1.26.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-05-01 at 1.26.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-05-01 at 1.27.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-05-01 at 1.26.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-05-01 at 1.30.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-05-01 at 1.26.26 PM.png

UNCgolf

I’m not sure where I belong in this framing. Those who are dead set against the ride would, I’m sure, put me in the pro category, even though I’ve been specific about what I like, honest about what I don’t, and unwilling to say from now whether or not the end result will be good (since it’s impossible to judge something none of us has experienced yet).

The discussion here would be so much more pleasant and productive if we got out of this tribalistic mindset.

I was going to say something similar before seeing you'd posted this.

I think there are a lot of people who think it looks mostly good with a few bad elements, and for some reason people are lumping them in with the knee-jerk "everything is horrible" group (who I agree should be ignored). It's as if having any remotely negative opinion about any aspect automatically means you should not be taken seriously because only 100% praise is acceptable -- 95% praise just isn't good enough. It kind of defeats the purpose of even having discussion.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

I was going to say something similar before seeing you'd posted this.

I think there are a lot of people who think it looks mostly good with a few bad elements, and for some reason people are lumping them in with the knee-jerk "everything is horrible" group (who I agree should be ignored). It's as if having any remotely negative opinion about any aspect automatically means you should not be taken seriously because only 100% praise is acceptable -- 95% praise just isn't good enough. It kind of defeats the purpose of even having discussion.
Similarly, any positive statement is taken by those opposed to the retheme as an unqualified endorsement. There’s no middle ground for some people.

MerlinTheGoat

View attachment 782687

This is also what BTM looks like
I actually think the blue tones on BTM were either absent or much more subdued back in the pre-2000s era. But either way, that's still nowhere near as blue as Tiana. And other angles are more reddish/orange. Again referring back to the concept render, the lighting near the top used more warm white and green colors. Blue highlights were much more subtle.

1714444824929-png.782427

Last edited:

Ghost93

Similarly, any positive statement is taken by those opposed to the retheme as an unqualified endorsement. There’s no middle ground for some people.

I think the nighttime look of Tiana's Bayou Adventure is incredible, that the animatronics are impressive and the actual bayou sections of the ride look like a fun time.

However, I think the co-op backstory is needlessly complicated and out of place for both the ride and the Magic Kingdom as a whole and that the exterior should have had the tree top and Mama Odie's boat at the top as featured in the original concept art for the retheme. I also think the lack of Dr. Facillier and his friends on the other side is a huge missed opportunity, robbing the attraction of suspenseful elements.

Overall I'm generally excited for the new ride, but thus far I haven't agreed with every creative choice made.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom