News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
20240429_143127.jpg

The calm before the storm...

MerlinTheGoat

Dumb question ~ how can they be cycling logs with no water?
They probably just left the boats there and drained the water around them. There are also wheels on the bottom of the boats so they can be manually pushed through parts of the flume that are flat even without any water. Though again, i'm sure they just left the boats there while cycling and then drained the water after.

il_570xN.2475702663_iblf.jpg

LittleBuford

Not sure if this was mentioned before but it looks like they added a rope for "set dressing" to make it look like the banner is tied onto the millhouse.

I have no problem with the placement of the banner (I know some have asked why it’s outside), but its content and design are disappointing in the extreme. “A Celebration of Family and Friends of New Orleans” just sounds so clunky and unidiomatic.

mickEblu

I have no problem with the placement of the banner (I know some have asked why it’s outside), but its content and design are disappointing in the extreme. “A Celebration of Family and Friends of New Orleans” just sounds so clunky and unidiomatic.

Although I’d prefer this banner wasn’t there either, personally I asked why the banner before the finale is outside. Not this one.

LittleBuford

I wish they didn't cut the thorns/branches out from the blue sky art. Would've given something interesting to look at as riders vanish behind it. Maybe, heaven forbid, even add a sense of "Oh no we're going somewhere scary!" But I suppose we can't have the kiddos getting scared.
View attachment 782330
I really don’t think the old exterior looked as scary as some here maintain. The briar patch was distinctly cartoony and not, in my view, menacing. The most frightening thing was the drop itself, which still remains visible.

TrainsOfDisney

I really don’t think the old exterior looked as scary as some here maintain. The briar patch was distinctly cartoony and not, in my view, menacing. The most frightening thing was the drop itself, which still remains visible.
It was cartoony - as were the vultures on the lift hill - but it was cartoon scary which matched the story and the rest of the attraction.

Can’t fully judge until I’ve ridden it but there is a lack of story here I think. We just falling out of the salt mine and into the swamp?

LittleBuford

Can’t fully judge until I’ve ridden it but there is a lack of story here I think. We just falling out of the salt mine and into the swamp?
OK, but that’s a separate issue from the claim that kids are being duped into going on a thrill ride they may not be able to take. Sure, we don’t know whether the narrative will work well, but we do know that potentially frightened individuals will have all the visual information they need to make an informed choice about the scariness of the drop.

LittleBuford

Thorns or no thorns that is an issue - having a princess ride as a thrill ride isn’t ideal. It will be interesting to see how that goes.
I don’t understand the bolded.

And I’m not sure we can really call this a princess ride when the only royal reference we know of is the tiara. Nothing else that’s been revealed about the ride suggests an overly young or “girly” experience, or one more aimed at children than Splash was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom