News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

True but I think the ride would be better off with a change in tone at some point. It’s not just about the lack of suspense on the lift hill specifically but the fact that there is nothing to break up the romp through happy Town in general. I think this approach is better suited for rides that don’t have big thrilling moments. It’s also a bummer because this is just more of the same that Disney has been giving us. Think Frozen Ever After or BATB Tokyo. Disney is moving away from including anything dark/ scary/ macabre on its attractions so it’s upsetting to lose it somewhere else. TOT is now funny/ irreverent. They made Snow White less scary.

Also considering the pace you are going up that lift hill and the emotions riders are feeling its much easier to accomplish dread/ suspense then it is accomplish happiness/ jubilation. It's conflicting to attempt to have the rider feel happiness and joy when they are naturally feeling fear/excitement. The happiness/ joy/ sense of relief should come after the drop.
I know that it's not the same lift/drop, but they were able to accomplish fun going up the lift hill in the mine of SDMT. While there is some nervous anticipation for any hill and drop, Disney has me joyfully singing Heigh-Ho during that part. I think they can do it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I will admit, I don't like the idea of an uplifting/happy song playing as you go up the lift hill. The lift is meant to fill you with dread and then the drop provides the relief and the happy song comes after.
GotG has lots of thrills similar to the log drop and it's immensely enjoyable (to me) as a ride that doesn't tease you with a dread drop but boogies woogies through it all. Lotsa fun.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The new song/songs won't be played in the actual ride, only the queue? I'd find that very surprising and strange given how heavily they're being promoted and hyped...
It make sense to me to put the new music in the queue especially if it works as BGM on a loop.

If there's a long wait, I wouldn't want to hear Dig a Little Deeper thirty times over.

E.g., Universal already has soured me on the Potter music by playing it over and over and over again without any breaks.

MerlinTheGoat

It make sense to me to put the new music in the queue especially if it works as BGM on a loop.

If there's a long wait, I wouldn't want to hear Dig a Little Deeper thirty times over.

E.g., Universal already has soured me on the Potter music by playing it over and over and over again without any breaks.
Difference for me is that I get very sick and annoyed with Randy Newman music after a very short amount of time. I'm not a fan of his work in general, some of the PATF songs being exceptions (though they still get annoying when played on repeat). I don't get sick of John Williams music whatsoever and find him to be an amazing composer with gorgeous scores.

That's why i'm kind of interested to hear what the new songs from the new composers end up sounding like. And what I meant is that it would be very confusing if these new songs played ONLY in the queue. And weren't present at all in the actual ride. Again, Disney has been hyping these songs as a major element of the ride, so relegating them to the queue only would be very strange.

Surferboy567

Does the lift hill have enough time to play the full song? Is it going to be played in the Laughin Place?

Did the shrinking rumor just get confirmed?

It’s such a good song it should be played fully.

Surferboy567

I wouldn't assume the music they've been playing recently is exactly what will be playing once the ride is open. They're likely just testing the speakers using the soundtrack from the movie. Nothing we've heard yet sounds like proper looping audio that would exist in a finalized ride.
This is also very possible but with Odie present as her song is being sung it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s the lift hill. It’s weird though the song is not the finale that’s what I pictured the finale being.

mickEblu

I know that it's not the same lift/drop, but they were able to accomplish fun going up the lift hill in the mine of SDMT. While there is some nervous anticipation for any hill and drop, Disney has me joyfully singing Heigh-Ho during that part. I think they can do it.

Is the one on SDMT really a drop though? Or anything compared to Splash’s /TBAs drop?

ParkPeeker

How it can work as well if the riders natural emotions are at conflict with what the music/ scene is setting out to accomplish?
Not at all, excitement and fear have the same physiological responses. Depending on the environment, you're going to interpret what your body feels differently. Physiological expectations of a lift and the positive sensory cues actually work together to make the anticipated surprise feel like a good thing. You are winning a prize, you aren't running from a bear. As a local example for you, I know you don't like GOTGMB, but it works for what it sets out to do, and what your body feels doesn't conflict with the content.

MerlinTheGoat

The big lift and drop on Splash still makes me tense and nervous even as a mid 30s adult. Whereas the 7DMT lift and "drop" (more of a minor downward curve) doesn't whatsoever. If we were talking about the big lift and drop on Everest, then it would be a different story.

The tonal change of the big lift as well as the removal of the briar patch below are unquestionably going to change the psychological fear factor at the very least. Whether you think that's a good thing or not.

The person who started the rumor is highly reputable regarding Universal rumors at the very least, and it seems to have been validated from others as well. I consider it plausible. But I don't really see how anything has confirmed it yet. I sort of expected Dig A Little Deeper to play in the final lift regardless, just because that always made the most sense to me.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Really hope this isn't true and you don't have any inside info. Not only does it lack suspense but how do you really execute that effectively when you have such a long distance between the final drop and entering the final show scene? "Let me hurry up and throw you down this waterfall so you can get to the party on time just so you can have another 60 seconds of floating through this flume until you get to the finale/ party." I mean I guess they can add some audio along that outdoor portion between the end of the final drop and the finale but in my opinion you would lose a lot of steam. That story doesn't really fit with the layout of the ride.
Zero inside information here. Just my guess as to the reason they’ll have you doing the drop.

DisneyDodo

Does the lift hill have enough time to play the full song? Is it going to be played in the Laughin Place?

It’s such a good song it should be played fully.
At the very least, it will start a bit before the lift hill (Burrows Lament area), which would allow for you to hear a good chunk of the song. But I think it could event start earlier.

Surferboy567

The big lift and drop on Splash still makes me tense and nervous even as a mid 30s adult. Whereas the 7DMT lift and "drop" (more of a minor downward curve) doesn't whatsoever. If we were talking about the big lift and drop on Everest, then it would be a different story.

The tonal change of the big lift as well as the removal of the briar patch below are unquestionably going to change the psychological fear factor at the very least. Whether you think that's a good thing or not.

The person who started the rumor is highly reputable regarding Universal rumors at the very least, and it seems to have been validated from others as well. I consider it plausible. But I don't really see how anything has confirmed it yet. I sort of expected Dig A Little Deeper to play in the final lift regardless, just because that always made the most sense to me.
If we are removing the obvious friends on the other side then I guess I can’t really think of a song for the lift. It seems like such a missed opportunity to not have the doctor in the ride. That was my favorite song in the movie. Deeper is a close second followed by going down the bayou. I really thought dig a little deeper would be the finale, in fact as I type this I have a vivd picture in my head. Let’s see what they come up with though. I am trying to refrain passing judgement on this till I see a POV and ride myself. Even though right now it seems like a weird decision.

I’m familiar with Alicia as well. Reason I asked why it may be confirmed is given the facts we have now I believe it got more likely.

Here’s my thought process Mama Odie shrinks the log down into the Laughin Place drop. Dig a little deeper is played throughout the entire Laughin Place as we find the last small critter. We finally come face to face with Odie at the top of the hill with the song still playing. Everyone in the log clapping as anticipation builds for the big drop. Not really sure why she’s throwing us down a 50ft drop unless we are becoming human sized again. Maybe she uses her magic on the log once again and us growing in size is the drop. Or it’s a simple as us leaving her house high on the hill in the movie.

EDIT: Actually come to think of it that news crew wasn’t allowed to see the Laughin Place because of “magical surprises” or something to that effect. That tracks with my theory.

mickEblu

If we are removing the obvious friends on the other side then I guess I can’t really think of a song for the lift. It seems like such a missed opportunity to not have the doctor in the ride. That was my favorite song in the movie. Deeper is a close second followed by going down the bayou. I really thought dig a little deeper would be the finale, in fact as I type this I have a vivd picture in my head. Let’s see what they come up with though. I am trying to refrain passing judgement on this till I see a POV and ride myself. Even though right now it seems like a weird decision.

I’m familiar with Alicia as well. Reason I asked why it may be confirmed is given the facts we have now I believe it got more likely.

Here’s my thought process Mama Odie shrinks the log down into the Laughin Place drop. Dig a little deeper is played throughout the entire Laughin Place as we find the last small critter. We finally come face to face with Odie at the top of the hill with the song still playing. Everyone in the log clapping as anticipation builds for the big drop. Not really sure why she’s throwing us down a 50ft drop unless we are becoming human sized again. Maybe she uses her magic on the log once again and us growing in size is the drop. Or it’s a simple as us leaving her house high on the hill in the movie.

EDIT: Actually come to think of it that news crew wasn’t allowed to see the Laughin Place because of “magical surprises” or something to that effect. That tracks with my theory.

Sounds like “We’re Human Again” is playing during LP. That would be a lot of Dig a little Deeper if we re hearing it for the entirety of laughing place all the way up the lift hill.

Surferboy567

Sounds like “We’re Human Again” is playing during LP. That would be a lot of Dig a little Deeper if we re hearing it for the entirety of laughing place all the way up the lift hill.
Dig a little deeper is a little bit of a long song so that’s why I thought that.

As for “When We’re Human” it’s a fine song but an odd choice if true. Are we not already human? Is it because she shrunk us down? Kinda confused by this one such a weird choice at least looking at it from the limited information we do have.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom