mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
All participants are plugged in and charging today

09006B67-E0B3-48CC-A7C2-8BD8CE4863ED.jpeg

mkt

Premium Member
So what Disney going to charge for this charge can't imagine Disney would give free electricity way.

Here you go.

In case image doesn’t show, it’s $0.40 per kilowatt hour with a 20 minute grace period after it’s charged, at which point it charges you $0.30 a minute in idle fees (which translates to $18/hr)

Attachments

• 1A8848F1-D9F0-4F3F-92E1-C7D6BC166D81.jpeg
    1A8848F1-D9F0-4F3F-92E1-C7D6BC166D81.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

mkt

Premium Member
Do you think the gas station coverage and highway system we have now just appeared with a snap?

Enough with the EV denier talking points... it's trite at this point. Change... requires... wait for it... CHANGE.

Yep! At this point in US ICE car adoption, a cross country drive was a week-long process, and required advance planning, mechanical ability, and navigating across many unpaved roads.

MaryJaneP

Eisenhower Highway System was promoted as a nationwide system that standardized roadways, partially for the rapid availability of moving troops and weapons. So was the german autobahn.

John park hopper

Complete charge for Chevy Silverado 350 kilowatts X .40 = $140 range 400 miles
Chevy Silverado gas tank capacity 24 gal x $3.85/gal= $92.40 V-8 range 480 miles
I expect the price of gas to go down
I'll stick with my gas RAM I can go any where and not worry about being stuck somewhere

John park hopper

Eisenhower Highway System was promoted as a nationwide system that standardized roadways, partially for the rapid availability of moving troops and weapons. So was the german autobahn.
Yep that is how he got funding for the interstate highway system they were design initially so military and military planes could use as runways --no overhead obstructions

flynnibus

Premium Member
In the near term.. yes
In the long term.. no. Gas is cheap because of the huge economies of scale. As demand slows, the future of the industry looks weaker... hence less investment. With lower demand, they will reduce production even more to try to help maintain prices.

It's not as simple as 'less people buying, means more gas for me!' -- Gas must be found, mined, transported, processed, distributed, and then sold. All those legs benefit from a future of more demand... so when demand shrinks, all those existing concepts are choked to maintain profits on less volume. Aka.. higher prices with little incentive to improve to increase supply.

BrianLo

Chevy Silverado gas tank capacity 24 gal x $3.85/gal= $92.40 V-8 range 480 miles
I'll stick with my gas RAM I can go any where and not worry about being stuck somewhere

FYI your math is off. The battery capacity is 200 kWh. 350kW the charge rate or speed at which it can be charged.

This seems like a fairly pricey location currently, other sites and parts of the country can be found for 1/2 to 1/4 that pricing. The average residential cost per kWh in the US is 0.14, for example.

mkt

Premium Member
Your math's off, and your assumptions are off.

The Silverado EV has a 200 kwh battery which can charge at 350w (provided there's a 350w fast charger available).

The .40 per KWH is for a fast charger at Disney. The idea is that you charge at home at your rate. My rate after fees is about 13 cents per KWH.

200 kwh X 0.13 = $26. And that's only if you're charging from 0% to 100%. Most drivers don't charge 0-100 every day - they top up to 80% from whatever they were at to preserve battery life, and save anything over 80% for road trips. And if you do charge from 0-100 at Disney's fast charger, it's $80, not the $140 you cited.

However, the strategy for road tripping in an EV is to do quick stops of 5-15 minutes to get enough charge to get to the next charger, with the final one being enough to get home.

In my case, at home, my power bill went up about $30/month since going full electric - but I'm saving close to $200/mo in gas. And it's never once left me stranded.

Oh, and the current V8 Silverado gets 19 mpg on average - your actual real-world range will be closer to 450 miles, not 480.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

Do you think the gas station coverage and highway system we have now just appeared with a snap?

Enough with the EV denier talking points... it's trite at this point. Change... requires... wait for it... CHANGE.
I am not denying EVs. just saying the infrastructure will NOT grow as fast as the EV population.

mkt

Premium Member
I am not denying EVs. just saying the infrastructure will NOT grow as fast as the EV population.

Just like it did when internal combustion cars first came out.

The demand will increase steadily and then over a brief period of time, the charging infrastructure will expand dramatically.

MagicHappens1971

I've personally witnessed several EVs parked and not plugged at Disney, or plugged and not charging. But they're the exception, rather than the rule.

The most regular offender though has been a Blue Tesla Model 3 that I've seen parked and not plugged at Epcot on about 5 occasions.

Also, outside of WDW, Teslas are the biggest offenders of being parked and not plugged, or plugged and not charging.
I also see that Blue Tesla at Epcot all the time

Purduevian

Silverado EV has 200kwh of usable energy storage x .40= $80 or $.20 a mile (400 mile range)
I'll assume your ICE math is right = $.19

Pretty similar, but you also should remember you are taking the most expensive way to charge and EV (a DC fast charger at Disneyworld)

Source:

mkt

Premium Member
Mildly annoyed from last night at MK.

Half of the EV spots were taken up by EVs that were parked, but not plugged. 2 of them were Teslas (as is the norm), and the third was a Honda Clarity PHEV... and this one really REALLY ed me off, because it was blocking a charger AND the car's owner identified all over the car as a CM.

You're a CM - DO BETTER.

TehPuddingMan

The new ones at Disney Springs still aren’t showing up on the ChargePoint app. Has anyone been able to use one and verify that they’re working? I’d drive there and check it out but my Tesla doesn’t support CCS charging.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom