News Figment meet and greet returning to EPCOT at Walt Disney World in a 'whole new way'

TheMaxRebo

Is he tripping over the costume feet or is there a lip on the set he can't see and is tripping him up? Whatever it is needs to be fixed asap.

I think it is mostly the feet, they are.pointed a bit out and I think causing this. There might be a lip too compounding things

Rodj

Here is a video of the other occurrence, which it appears that the performer tripped on the bottom edge bar:

It’s quite obvious from the hours posted that there is only 1 performer for Figment, probably due to the size limitations(short person required). Will not bode well if they have to take a day off. Disney should look at finding some additional performers to wear the costume for those off days and for extended M&G hours.

doctornick

What about tinkerbell? Abu? Mrs Potts? Come on…

I think Chip & Dale would be the ideal comparison, as they are sometimes being shown along with Mickey & Company being a similar size to those other characters despite being clearly smaller in cartoons.

The Pooh characters are also smaller than Christopher Robin yet don't seem that way in the M&Gs.

some other guy

I hope the CM is okay because that's pretty funny and I would feel bad if there was a broken limb involved or something.
sorta reminds me of the dude stumbling over the board in big lebowski

KeithVH

1694467906916.png

JustInTime

I think Chip & Dale would be the ideal comparison, as they are sometimes being shown along with Mickey & Company being a similar size to those other characters despite being clearly smaller in cartoons.

The Pooh characters are also smaller than Christopher Robin yet don't seem that way in the M&Gs.
Great point. I knew there were more!

asianway

Here is a video of the other occurrence, which it appears that the performer tripped on the bottom edge bar:

It’s quite obvious from the hours posted that there is only 1 performer for Figment, probably due to the size limitations(short person required). Will not bode well if they have to take a day off. Disney should look at finding some additional performers to wear the costume for those off days and for extended M&G hours.

There’s multiple performers I'm not sure how you’re coming up with that fiction

Rodj

There’s multiple performers I'm not sure how you’re coming up with that fiction
Doesn't really seem like it to me. The short showtime hours and short breaks(too short for performers to swap from the breaks I have seen) makes it seem like they only have one performer per day, but I haven't done much research to confirm my belief, so I could be out of the loop on how quick they can swap.

Last edited:

Figments Friend

So as promised, here is a photo I snapped of the postcard ‘autograph’ you can receive if you ask Figment for his autograph.
The backside has the Imagination Institute logo….boo…!

IMG_2084.jpeg

Now having had a meeting with the character up close and very personal, I have to say that I discovered something neat about this particular incarnation of the character -

The material used for his ‘skin’ is made to look and feel like it has dragon scales.
This is only really noticeable when you are face to face with him, and can touch his hands or arms.
It is not at all noticeable in photos from a distance, or even notable when standing a few feet away.
But up close, actually meeting him one to one, it is clear some extra thought went into the fabrics used.
It’s a really nice embellishment and adds an extra element to make it seem more ‘real’.

Someone really did their research when designing this version of the costumed character.
Even the yellow sweater is made like a real knitted sweater, and not just plain yellow fabric as it appears in photographs.

Having attended the Destination D event where he made his first appearance, these details were not noticeable from a distance…even if standing a few feet in front of him.
These are details you only really notice when you are very close to him, and i found it to be a nice plus.

IMG_2076.jpeg

More photos coming at a later time….
Today when I did the official meet with Figment I brought along a surprise for him…..a large picture of his ‘dad’ Tony Baxter.

Yes, I had a photo session with the ‘three’ of us…..
Wait until you see these!
😎

Fido Chuckwagon

Doesn't really seem like it to me. The short showtime hours and short breaks(too short for performers to swap from the breaks I have seen) makes it seem like they only have one performer, or at least one per day, but I haven't done much research to confirm my belief, so I could be out of the loop on how quick they can swap.
You think they’ve got one guy or gal working 7 days a week, do you?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom