News Pacific Wharf to be Reimagined into San Fransokyo

TP2000

WDI is becoming far to reliant on meta humor. It's been a staple of every new addition in the last 10 years.

Make something good. And putting a ride control panel in the queue isn't good theming.

Can you imagine if they opened New Tomorrowland in 1967 and in the pre-show of Monsanto's Adventure Thru Inner Space there was a rusty upside-down control panel salvaged from the Flying Saucers?

No, I can't either. Because WDI in the past had taste and style, and knew when to move on.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Why is WDI going all out to reference a bugs land when they just spent 5 years destroying it? Did they change their mind?

Someone showed in Avengers Campus there's a walk around character that holds up a model of Bugs Land. A cruel reminder of when California Adventure had shade and attractions for children.
Ant-Man carries around a diorama of a bug's land in a very clever Easter Egg gag.

Also DCA has (off the top of my head without checking if I'm forgetting anything):
Disney Jr.
Turtle Talk with Crush
Red Car Trolley
Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
WEB SLINGERS
Monsters Inc.
Little Mermaid
Tow Mater
Jessie Carousel
Inside Out
and the pier rides all suitable for little kids

Plus the Luigi car spinner, Soarin', Midway Mania, & Animation Academy for slightly bigger kids before getting into the thrill ride stuff.

Shade, however, is still sorely lacking throughout DCA.

MarvelCharacterNerd

So is a consistent theme and a great, new must-see E Ticket ride that's not a thrill ride or a coaster.
Agreed. I love DCA and have spent some of my best moments there but it is an incomplete inferior park overall compared to some others.

And yet... so is EPCOT, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios, each of which have their strengths and weaknesses. But has there ever been a secondary park that equaled the primary one? Maybe Tokyo DisneySea.

TP2000

So is a consistent theme and a great, new must-see E Ticket ride that's not a thrill ride or a coaster.

Pre-Covid, I was hoping for a DCA version of Hong Kong's Mystic Manor, but based on a mish-mash of fictional California houses like Winchester Mystery House and Hearst Castle. It could have been placed in the northeast unused corner of HollywoodLand Backlot, like the creepy old home of Norma Desmond from Sunset Boulevard located up in the Hollywood hills.

2014111400001032.jpg

1200x0.jpg

Cripes, now that I type that out well past my bedtime, it seems ever better. A creepy old mansion, abandoned in the Hollywood hills, the home of a mysterious silent movie starlet who who had weird hobbies and foibles and haunted collectibles, etc., etc.

The possibilities there are endless for a DCA version of a haunted house E Ticket. But of course, instead Josh D'Amaro decided to give the food court a cheap Baymax makeover by using up a gift card someone had to Cost Plus. 🫤

Last edited:

denyuntilcaught

Pre-Covid, I was hoping for a DCA version of Hong Kong's Mystic Manor, but based on a mish-mash of fictional California houses like Winchester Mystery House and Hearst Castle. It could have been placed in the northeast unused corner of HollywoodLand Backlot, like the creepy old home of Norma Desmond from Sunset Boulevard located up in the Hollywood hills.
Agreed. It's literally a smart, fun, thematically-consistent no brainer to have an addition like this. And have Andrew Lloyd Webber write the score as a nice wink as well.

Practical Pig

2014111400001032.jpg

1200x0.jpg

Cripes, now that I type that out well past my bedtime, it seems ever better. A creepy old mansion, abandoned in the Hollywood hills, the home of a mysterious silent movie starlet who who had weird hobbies and foibles and haunted collectibles, etc., etc.

The possibilities there are endless for a DCA version of a haunted house E Ticket. But of course, instead Josh D'Amaro decided to give the food court a cheap Baymax makeover by using up a gift card someone had to Cost Plus. 🫤
This is exactly what I've wanted for Hollywoodland. Once Mystic Manor was revealed, a Norma Desmond-esque version was a freaking no-brainer for DCA in concept, if not in willing budget. It would truly elevate the park.

gerarar

Premium Member
Was at DCA last Saturday (11/18), last been in 2010 but barely remember much since I was a kid and there was walls/construction everywhere lol.

I did see the new San Fransokyo area for myself.
I will say it's very pretty at night with all the lights, lanterns, and stuff. Comes across much better in person then thru photos online. Just walking thru the area is nice. My friends that I was with (first-timers) loved it a lot.

I also did a quick spot check on the bridge. That one area was indeed cut up and just painted over red lol.
20231118_142914.jpg

Some screws were also still popped and not screwed properly. Didn't get much pictures of this since it's pretty much the same as was posted earlier in the thread.
20231118_142926.jpg

The bridge overlay itself looks/feels cheap. The glossy look just doesn't look nice with the sun shining on it imo. However, at night it does deliver.

There are some light bulbs that are already out tho..
20231118_230508.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom