Epcot 40 Fan Meet-Up

Figments Friend

Hey guys! After reliving the heroics of our very own @Figments Friend and others on E25, I decided it was time to guage interest in doing the same thing for E40! I'd love to have as many of us going plan out a really special day to celebrate the park, as it means so much to so many of us.

YES !!
Finally, someone takes the initiative !

MAKE IT HAPPEN.
All it takes is just ONE person to get the ball rolling, and to get a few EPCOT Center enthusiests together.
You just never know what may happen!

:)

Some music to get the party started in advance -
( This opening announcement and entrance music needs to be playing on the morning of October 1st, 2022 )
-

-

trainplane3

I'll be there right at open. Aside from a late lunch, I have quite literally no plans due to there being no announcements for anything that day. Just keeping everything open because anything or anyone could pop up (we already have one confirmation of a guest so that's better then the 50th).

Disappointing how close we are with nothing announced. Really feels like it's still being tossed together.

Inspired Figment

Would certainly be fun, but we shall see! Loved meeting up with a number of you folks with the debut of EPCOT Forever. The show may have been a disappointment, but damn was it great spending time with fellow fanatics.

TheEPCOTHistorian

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Awesome everyone! As more of us get together, we will create an itinerary. If you are planning on coming, please private message me so that I may add you to the registry. I'm going to fund this out of my own pocket, as a showcase of love for the park and an opportunity to bring us all together!

Figments Friend

Now i am kinda wishing i stuck with my original plan to be in Orlando the week of the 40th.
I changed my mind and have plans to be in town in early September instead......as after the disapointtng 'non-anniversary' on WDW's actual 50th last October 1st i decided to stay away this time.

Hoping you all make this a memorable day.
You WILL, just by being together !
I will be there with you all in spirit, and of course right here on the Forum as well.

So enjoy, and do the legacy of the Park proud.
Nobody else is going to do anything, but do not let that stop you from celebrating on your own !
'WE CAN DO IT"...!

Also, for those not aware....my boy Tony Baxter will be in the area on October 1st.
Not saying he will be in the Park, but.....well, ya just never know where that magical man may be!

-

trainplane3

Now i am kinda wishing i stuck with my original plan to be in Orlando the week of the 40th.
I changed my mind and have plans to be in town in early September instead......as after the disapointtng 'non-anniversary' on WDW's actual 50th last October 1st i decided to stay away this time.

Hoping you all make this a memorable day.
You WILL, just by being together !
I will be there with you all in spirit, and of course right here on the Forum as well.

So enjoy, and do the legacy of the Park proud.
Nobody else is going to do anything, but do not let that stop you from celebrating on your own !
'WE CAN DO IT"...!

Also, for those not aware....my boy Tony Baxter will be in the area on October 1st.
Not saying he will be in the Park, but.....well, ya just never know where that magical man may be!

-
We do have a room that can sleep 7 so in case you change your mind at the last second...haha!

I'm sure it'll still be a ton of fun regardless of what they have planned.

Figments Friend

We do have a room that can sleep 7 so in case you change your mind at the last second...haha!

I'm sure it'll still be a ton of fun regardless of what they have planned.

That is a very kind offer, my friend.
Thank you!

Not sure if I could make it since I have already committed to a chunk of time off, but I still appreciate the thought!
:D

-

mitchk

Hey hey… I’m a little late to this one but I will be there October 1 it would be great to meet up with you guys I look forward to it I’ll be there all day long

Figments Friend

I'm debating if buying a day ticket + parking is within my current tolerance. But, the I:ROE send off was awesome. I'll decide as we get closer.

If you do end up deciding to spend the day, be sure to treat the fans to one of your fabulous 'Living With The Land' personal guided ride throughs!

Still one of the best memories of that day when @trainplane3 and a couple of us cruised the greenhouse waters with ya to help 'de-tox' after exposing ourselves to the first showing of 'Epcot Forever'.
Share the love of The Land, and don't forget to savor the carpeted walls upstairs!

-

correcaminos

Unfortunately we opted to cancel our 2 nights there. Just hard with friday night HS football games and my fear it will disappoint me. I adore Epcot and saw it June 1982 prior to it opening but the walls really have gotten to me. It will feel weird celebrating the 40th when it's a hot mess there.

Last edited:

Figments Friend

So, as the time gets closer....

I would suggest a location within the Park is chosen for everyone to meet.

Someplace off the beaten track, so the gathering of enthusiests does not interfere with pathway crowd flow.
It should also be where anyone with even a basic understanding of the Park would be able to locate without too much trouble.

Unfortunrely, the Fountain of Nations is no longer around....(sniff) but another spot that i find perfect for this sort of thing is -
The Magic Gardens over at the Imagination Pavilion.

This is the area outside the exit of the Pavilion that features the famous 'Upside Down Waterfall' and 'Leapfrog' fountains.
It is a large space out of the way of 'foot traffic', has a nice view of Spaceship Earth and the monorail, plua has some shade, AND ....fabulous Epcot benches !
Wonderful spot to gather the masses for a fun day celebrating the 40th!
Also rather meaningful in regards to the Park's past history

Of course, other suggestions or ideas are welcome.
Odyssey?
Lobby area of The Land's Harvest Theatre..?
'Island' in front of Italy in World Showcase..?
Connections Cafe...?
180 Top....?
'Mexico Control'...?
( Just kidding about those last two.....)

;)

-

Last edited:

DoleWhipDrea

I'm not sure I can make it yet but I am definitely interested! I keep hoping that D23 will announce something but I'm trying to not get my hopes up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom