Mask Mandates Dropping For Disney Transportation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom P.

I wonder how long country/WDW will go maskless? Fall?
I think it's done for good at WDW unless a governmental authority makes them do it. And I think, generally, we're pretty much done in the United States. You're likely to see some isolated places, like Philadelphia, who try to bring it back. But all the evidence shows that the population wants to be done with this. Absent a major new variant that causes a dramatic uptick in deaths (not just cases), I don't see masks coming back.

FutureCEO

Mask, don't mask. Your preference. Who cares what people think. But as we know, people get insane when politics becomes involved.

Trauma

It's not a mystery - you just have to think like a billion dollar corporation that has a brand and reputation to protect (obviously pre-culture-war).

If there's a chance, even miniscule, that Disney could be outed as the site of a massive super spreader, they will take as much action as possible to shift the responsibility onto the guests.

Beyond that, Disney is a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE corporation who will be slow to act and react owing merely to its internal processes and bureaucracy.

Source: me: I work with brands; and my wife: an insurance attorney who deals with issues of risk.
This aged well.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
This aged well.

Only when you remove the context of every other reply I did between this and that.

There were two ways this was happening. Slow means Disney did it like they usually do; fast means this was ordered from up above, and any delay in implementing is just the logistics (sending emails, printing out new signage, etc). Now the legal, PR, and risk teams are creating some boilerplate material to have put aside if there's a superspreader at WDW (or if it flat out just becomes one) which shifts blame everywhere else.

But hey, mandate's gone. Maybe @wdwmagic and @The Mom can start killing off some threads.

Heelz2315

I think it's done for good at WDW unless a governmental authority makes them do it. And I think, generally, we're pretty much done in the United States. You're likely to see some isolated places, like Philadelphia, who try to bring it back. But all the evidence shows that the population wants to be done with this. Absent a major new variant that causes a dramatic uptick in deaths (not just cases), I don't see masks coming back.

Man I hope you’re right

Trauma

Only when you remove the context of every other reply I did between this and that.

There were two ways this was happening. Slow means Disney did it like they usually do; fast means this was ordered from up above, and any delay in implementing is just the logistics (sending emails, printing out new signage, etc)

But hey, mandate's gone. Maybe @wdwmagic and @The Mom can start killing off some threads.
They should just put you in charge!

WEDYENSID

Hey, guys? We've kinda veered away from anything Disney-related here. I suspect that @The Mom will be along any time to remove posts and remind us that political discussions are not allowed. Perhaps we could make her job easier and get back on topic?
Happens to almost every subject these days...

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Hey, guys? We've kinda veered away from anything Disney-related here. I suspect that @The Mom will be along any time to remove posts and remind us that political discussions are not allowed. Perhaps we could make her job easier and get back on topic?
Surprised by how quickly the airlines, WDW and others acted?

danv3

Per CNN--Appeal is likely:

Appeal likely on public transportation mask mandate, Health secretary says​

From CNN's Virginia Langmaid

There will probably be an appeal of Monday’s court decision overturning the Biden administration’s mask mandate for public transportation, US Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra said Tuesday.
“We will respect the ruling, but as I say: I'll respect the ruling, but I’ll follow the science,” Becerra said at a news conference with Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak, urging people to continue to wear masks, particularly older Americans and those with weakened immune systems.
“We are right now in the process of deciding, and we likely will appeal that ruling. Stay tuned,” Becerra said.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Per CNN--Appeal is likely:

Appeal likely on public transportation mask mandate, Health secretary says​

From CNN's Virginia Langmaid

There will probably be an appeal of Monday’s court decision overturning the Biden administration’s mask mandate for public transportation, US Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra said Tuesday.

“We are right now in the process of deciding, and we likely will appeal that ruling. Stay tuned,” Becerra said.

Awesome...if they are following the science, we are good!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom