Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind SPOILER Thread

Casper Gutman

13 rides in, and as someone who loves to dance, there isn’t a better ride experience set to music out there. Combine with a smooth, satisfying track layout, and no one will be topping it for a while.

MK’s Space Mountain will snap your neck in comparison, and you can barely hear the soundtrack, as fun as it is. Even coasters like RnRC and Everest feel simple and boring in comparison. Also rough now, in RnRC’s case.
So if it had just been the coaster and music, the ride would have been just as good or better? Is the warehouse necessary, or could it have been an outdoor coaster?

DonaldDoleWhip

So if it had just been the coaster and music, the ride would have been just as good or better? Is the warehouse necessary, or could it have been an outdoor coaster?
The warehouse is necessary to make it feel like the whole thing is happening across the universe. As many have said, Space Mountain on steroids, with a fantastic, randomized soundtrack you can actually hear.

And I hated the blue box during construction.

Outdoor coaster would have just been an improved Rip Ride Rockit — such an insulting comparison, as Cosmic Rewind is so much more.

yensidtlaw1969

I definitely don't sit and brood over the price tag while I'm spinning around in space!

Disney needs more up to date experiences. This ride is a good step in adding fun and exciting experiences, as Universal is steamrolling them in that department currently (imo).
These issues go hand in hand with eachother. You don't care about the price, but you complain that Disney isn't building enough new attractions.

Disney could have many more "up to date" experiences if they spent that $450 million wisely across a handful of attractions instead of poorly on just one. Consider that you could retrofit the Space Mountain cars to make them spin, play music, and then project Eson on the dome interior and have basically the same ride. It would be just as fun. And it wouldn't cost nearly so much (though it would obviously take some engineering).

This ride is too threadbare to make sense of how much money was spent on it, fun though it may be. For this amount of money it should be the most lavish attraction in history. By several miles.

It's not normal for rides to cost this much. It's extremely rare for a ride to cost even half that much. Something's wrong.

Hawg G

The warehouse is necessary to make it feel like the whole thing is happening across the universe. As many have said, Space Mountain on steroids, with a fantastic, randomized soundtrack you can actually hear.

And I hated the blue box during construction.

Outdoor coaster would have just been an improved Rip Ride Rockit — such an insulting comparison, as Cosmic Rewind is so much more.
Well, it probably cost 10x more, so. .

DonaldDoleWhip

Well, it probably cost 10x more, so. .
Exactly, Cosmic Rewind cost 10x more yet I’d rather ride it 100x more!

RRR is trash, front row aside. It’s aesthetically trash, the theme is trash, lift is trash, ride experience is rough, painful trash; it’s absolutely terrible and an easy skip, whereas Cosmic Rewind is now the highlight of Orlando for many.

SplashJacket

Consider that you could retrofit the Space Mountain cars to make them spin, play music, and then project Eson on the dome interior and have basically the same ride.
Incorrect on almost every level.

The clearances required for a rotating vehicle are far greater than simply a forward-moving vehicle. Space Mountain is far too tight to fit meaningful sets and projections. Additionally, adding substantial projection effects would light up the whole mountain. All of this doesn’t consider that the ride wouldn’t be as thrilling or long.

They could add the music easily, but that’s not what makes Cosmic Rewind special—lots of rides have onboard audio. Cosmic Rewind is something special. A truly fantastic ride experience. Degrading the ride and comparing it to a retrofit is silly.

yensidtlaw1969

Incorrect on almost every level.

The clearances required for a rotating vehicle are far greater than simply a forward-moving vehicle. Space Mountain is far too tight to fit meaningful sets and projections. Additionally, adding substantial projection effects would light up the whole mountain. All of this doesn’t consider that the ride wouldn’t be as thrilling or long.

They could add the music easily, but that’s not what makes Cosmic Rewind special—lots of rides have onboard audio. Cosmic Rewind is something special. A truly fantastic ride experience. Degrading the ride and comparing it to a retrofit is silly.
Looks like someone didn't read the rest of my post . . .

lewisc

It's not normal for rides to cost this much. It's extremely rare for a ride to cost even half that
Looks like someone didn't read the rest of my post . . .
I dont believe the cost figures. Either they flat out lying, hyperbole to impress guests OR they lumped in a lot of unrelated expenses

There is a difference between requiring some engineering and saying what you suggest won't physi ally fit

yensidtlaw1969

I dont believe the cost figures. Either they flat out lying, hyperbole to impress guests OR they lumped in a lot of unrelated expenses

There is a difference between requiring some engineering and saying what you suggest won't physi ally fit
This isn't a number they're touting to guests. This is an internal number that has been leaked. I almost hope that lots of unrelated expenses were lumped in, though that would suggest Disney is up to some tricky accounting, which wouldn't be good.

The point of my post was, I think pretty obviously, not that Cosmic Rewind as built in EPCOT would physically fit in the Space Mountain dome. The point is that Cosmic Rewind offers little beyond a bare roller coaster with rotating cars that move past projections while playing some 80's tunes. Which is . . . fine, in theory, since people seem to enjoy that, but spending THAT much to get THAT little is criminal.

lewisc

Nice for you - a lot of people with a lot of credibility have given credibility to this leak. This didn't come from nowhere.
Posters list other projects that could have been funded with the $$$ spent on GotG:CR. I have to assume whatever accounting techniques or poor cost management that caused GotG to br $$$ might result on similar cost issues with other projects.

bhg469

Wanted an early boarding group but sheesh!! We're running to get ready and try it out for the first time. Luckily we only live 15 minutes away.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220702-073107.png
    Screenshot_20220702-073107.png
    85.8 KB · Views: 70

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom