News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

Bocabear

All the theming they could tack on the building will not erase that southwestern beige and the modern Marriott shape of the building... I keep waiting for something to happen that all of the sudden makes it look like part of the resort...I don't think the plain geometric shallow swimming pool or fiberglass Moana Splash Pad are going to help.... 60 trucks full of mature landscaping might help a tiny bit....

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Reservations opened today for all Polynesian members. Cannot be booked online so one must call Member Services. It's treated as home resort privilege for all reservations at this time, so even inside 7 months of check in one can only use Polynesian points.

I'll be there in March!

Eric Graham

Reservations opened today for all Polynesian members. Cannot be booked online so one must call Member Services. It's treated as home resort privilege for all reservations at this time, so even inside 7 months of check in one can only use Polynesian points.

I'll be there in March!
it looks very beautiful, especially the water feature. Safe and happy travels!

GimpYancIent

All the theming they could tack on the building will not erase that southwestern beige and the modern Marriott shape of the building... I keep waiting for something to happen that all of the sudden makes it look like part of the resort...I don't think the plain geometric shallow swimming pool or fiberglass Moana Splash Pad are going to help.... 60 trucks full of mature landscaping might help a tiny bit....
Yep, another Meh, bland blockish everyday hotel that can be found along any highway BUT with some color accents.

Bocabear

The splash pad... I don't think they really count as a water feature, but sure there is water....and it's a lot of fiberglass cartoony character... I would have preferred something that looked more natural and more exotic... waterfalls....a lazy river... something better than a fiberglass cartoon character splash pad and a plain shallow unadorned geometric shape pool....

BrianLo

The splash pad... I don't think they really count as a water feature, but sure there is water....and it's a lot of fiberglass cartoony character... I would have preferred something that looked more natural and more exotic... waterfalls....a lazy river... something better than a fiberglass cartoon character splash pad and a plain shallow unadorned geometric shape pool....

I think they must mean the restaraunt water feature

1729121264127.jpeg

Bocabear

I don't think they are considering any nod to the original Poly at all...they clearly did just about everything they could to make it NOT feel part of the resort everyone loves....Which is the most baffling thing. and the Poly is generally more expensive than the other MK resorts.....

Epcot82Guy

I don't think they are considering any nod to the original Poly at all...they clearly did just about everything they could to make it NOT feel part of the resort everyone loves....Which is the most baffling thing. and the Poly is generally more expensive than the other MK resorts.....

I agree. The lack of integration and connection between the existing resorts and these new towers is the most frustrating part. I think that's why the feel so displaced. Older projects like Kidani, BCV, VWL (arguably both phases), and VGF all blend in well enough. They have their issues, but the feel like part of a collective, cohesive resort.

Swan Reserve, Riviera and Poly are a big departure from this. Gran Destino is an odd duck to me in that it also is in that category. But, it also created an iconic central structure of the resort (which works in a way, albeit not perfectly).

It's in line with a lot of decisions to simply not care that much about fit/consistency/sightlines. But, "people don't care" doesn't make the issue any better.

Mr. Sullivan

I agree. The lack of integration and connection between the existing resorts and these new towers is the most frustrating part. I think that's why the feel so displaced. Older projects like Kidani, BCV, VWL (arguably both phases), and VGF all blend in well enough. They have their issues, but the feel like part of a collective, cohesive resort.

Swan Reserve, Riviera and Poly are a big departure from this. Gran Destino is an odd duck to me in that it also is in that category. But, it also created an iconic central structure of the resort (which works in a way, albeit not perfectly).

It's in line with a lot of decisions to simply not care that much about fit/consistency/sightlines. But, "people don't care" doesn't make the issue any better.
We stayed at Coronado last time we went and the reason I think Gran Destino works despite being different appearance wise than the other buildings has a lot to do with the way the resort itself is laid out and where exactly it got put. The resort's just so big and spread out that it just kinda ends up occupying its own little space.

etc98

We stayed at Coronado last time we went and the reason I think Gran Destino works despite being different appearance wise than the other buildings has a lot to do with the way the resort itself is laid out and where exactly it got put. The resort's just so big and spread out that it just kinda ends up occupying its own little space.
Not to mention that the resort already has a bunch of different styles going on. It was split into three sections originally with the Casitas, Ranchos, and Cabanas. And now there’s 4 sections with the tower. The tower is definitely still the odd man out, but I think it’s less jarring because the rest of the resort isn’t all the same anyway.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Exactly! What's really beautiful about it is if you wanted say photographs with or of the original resort you can with the environment. The Poly Tower is plopped to the side but that's only due to the views that it wants to grapple of direct views to Magic Kingdom.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Not to mention that the resort already has a bunch of different styles going on. It was split into three sections originally with the Casitas, Ranchos, and Cabanas. And now there’s 4 sections with the tower. The tower is definitely still the odd man out, but I think it’s less jarring because the rest of the resort isn’t all the same anyway.
really? it's jarring how it's perfect knit placed in within it's location that you'd feel as a first timer that it was always there with the rest of the resort that it all was all built altogether when it was not. I was actually wondering if it replaced some cabanas much similar to Riviera replaced some of Carribbean Beach.. what was there before?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom