News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

DCBaker

Premium Member
Now for the one million dollar question: Will you still be able to walk from the Poly to Magic Kingdom again?

You can see some progress in one of the latest photos from bioreconstruct:

IMG_6636.jpg

Chef idea Mickey`=

Yeah, that's true. Grand Villas are a lot smaller, but I guess Bay Lake is pretty big. I hadn't thought of that. Okay, maybe it's not crazy lol
It looks crazy because The Polynesian seems a more popular location to visit. To me I love the three equally but Ohana, Trader Sam's, the place itself, dole whip, The Poly is an attraction of it's own to majority of people. The only closest thing to that is Steakhouse 71 and say California Grill.

pvtim

Grand Flo- Narcooses, Citricos, Victoria & Alberts, Gasparilla Island Grill
Contemporary- Chef Mickey, California Grill, Steakhouse 71, Contempo Cafe
Poly - Ohana, Kona Cafe, Captain Cooks

Poly is just as popular and has only 2 Sit Downs with one quick Serve - No Fine Dining while the other 2 have 3 Sit Downs and 1 quick serve - both including a Fine Dining option. A Fine dining option at the top would have rounded it out but what they went with spreads already super popular options even thinner!
That is the problem here (I purposely left off coffee bars, pool bars and lounges to see the deeper concern with this lack of foresight), it is hard enough staying at the Poly as is and getting a reservation without fighting an extra 250+ rooms worth of guests.

James Alucobond

Grand Flo- Narcooses, Citricos, Victoria & Alberts, Gasparilla Island Grill
Contemporary- Chef Mickey, California Grill, Steakhouse 71, Contempo Cafe
Poly - Ohana, Kona Cafe, Captain Cooks

Poly is just as popular and has only 2 Sit Downs with one quick Serve - No Fine Dining while the other 2 have 3 Sit Downs and 1 quick serve - both including a Fine Dining option. A Fine dining option at the top would have rounded it out but what they went with spreads already super popular options even thinner!
That is the problem here (I purposely left off coffee bars, pool bars and lounges to see the deeper concern with this lack of foresight), it is hard enough staying at the Poly as is and getting a reservation without fighting an extra 250+ rooms worth of guests.
While rooftop dining would have been nice, they don’t lack for space that could be used for dining if they wanted to, so it’s not like it was a singular golden opportunity. Heck, Tangaroa Terrace could be converted back to dining at any time if there was a desire.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom