New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

dreday3

The rooms were always nice...maybe you didn't care for the wallpaper, but they were great rooms and really, it is all about the location.

Okay.
I didn't stay there because I didn't like the rooms. 😄 We choose Beach or Yacht instead.

I have always enjoyed the looks/theming of the rest of the hotel though, and the grounds are beautiful.

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

OMG the new update...I will be shocked if this is finished in 2023 and they are still working on the steel framing. Then after the roof is up, windows, drywall etc... That would be 6 months but Disney's "Go Slow" building style could make it take another year...lol
And $16 for a slice of cake, no matter how large, still feels excessive...and that is without the standard Disney upcharge... I would expect $18-20 range...
So, the Tron construction team…

Trauma

At least they didn’t completely ruin everything. It’s my home resort and it’s easy to rent your points there when you would rather go to Universal.

I guess I should go for a few days to ride Tron but it’s not really that interesting to me.

castlecake2.0

Before for reference
E6215EFF-27CD-47CF-9D34-1CF90779F0A8.jpeg

LSLS

The color of blue-green in the hallway really makes me think of the Beach club for some reason. Not that they are similar at all, just for some reason, that's the vibe it gives me. But agree with others, it's definitely an upgrade for that lounge.

Bocabear

It is all misses with an occasional hit... I like the chandelier, but the overall has all the character and charm of a Fairfield Inn Breakfast bar...
Why do they continue to downgrade the theme of these premium resorts? Yes it is new and looks modern, but it is supposed to be a seaside hotel in the 1940s. Disney used to really understand theme...and it was the theme decor and location that justified the popularity and price... Not sure why they cannot seem continue updates and refresh without throwing the style out the window....and doing the lazy Marriott Motel playbook.

ToTBellHop

I see the latest "enhancement" is that the BoardWalk Pizza Window no longer lets you order a full pizza nor do they have a specialty pizza. Now you can just order a $10 slice of cheese or pepperoni pizza. Someone must have realized ordering a whole pizza was one of the last remaining good values at WDW. Can't have that.

UNCgolf

I see the latest "enhancement" is that the BoardWalk Pizza Window no longer lets you order a full pizza nor do they have a specialty pizza. Now you can just order a $10 slice of cheese or pepperoni pizza. Someone must have realized ordering a whole pizza was one of the last remaining good values at WDW. Can't have that.

That's terrible. We loved just getting a pizza there for dinner at like 9-9:30 one night and relaxing on the Boardwalk for a bit.

There's a 0% chance I'd ever just buy a giant slice there when I could go to Disney Springs and get a much better slice for cheaper at Pizza Ponte.

ToTBellHop

That's terrible. We loved just getting a pizza there for dinner at like 9-9:30 one night and relaxing on the Boardwalk for a bit.

There's a 0% chance I'd ever just buy a giant slice there when I could go to Disney Springs and get a much better slice for cheaper at Pizza Ponte.
Yeah. It was never great pizza but with hungry kids, it was nice to be able to just grab a whole pie to feed everyone something. We loved bringing one to the pool. At least we can still get a whole pizza through room service. Oh, wait. They don't offer room service outside of the Grand Floridian...................

I guess we can't have nice things. If I just go to Universal, I can still order a whole pizza at Hard Rock Hotel...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom