New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

StaceyH_SD

I’m in Bay City, MI and even here the at excellent local housemade artisan ice cream place the price for a single scoop is…$5. And worth every penny. So the prices for a high end bakery/eatery located at WDW don’t seem that out-of-line from what I’d expect.

What’s actually funny to me is I recently moved back to Michigan from California and I expected things like restaurants would be less expensive than CA but they’re not. At least gas is less expensive here. 😂

Big T 1963

There's a bit of a misconception with the Cake Bake shop. It's two establishments in one. The bake shop is on the right with a seperate entrance ( the old ESPN entrance) for grab and go, the full service restaurant is on the left serving full breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner service, with it's entrance going directly under the main tower portion. They're known for cakes and pastries but it will have a varied and expanded savory menu that will change seasonally. To add, she has very high standards in regards to food, atmosphere, and service, so this could turn out to be one of the better WDW dining experiences.
TDLFan I agree with you to a point however you stated "could turn out to be one of the better WDW dining experiences" ..Will see when the menu prices come out and if we all can't have our cake and eat it too.. LOL!

Bocabear

OMG the new update...I will be shocked if this is finished in 2023 and they are still working on the steel framing. Then after the roof is up, windows, drywall etc... That would be 6 months but Disney's "Go Slow" building style could make it take another year...lol
And $16 for a slice of cake, no matter how large, still feels excessive...and that is without the standard Disney upcharge... I would expect $18-20 range...

James Alucobond

So...then, that is the justification? Yay! There is another place that charges more, so therefore let's all celebrate the new restaurant pushing the prices even higher....
I'm not saying that. I'm just saying that I'm surprised people are shocked at this point given the prices at basically every bakery and ice creamery on property. A Mickey bar is $6.25 and a Dole Whip is $5.00; why is it shocking that a premium ice cream would be $6.00? Why single out this restaurant as overpriced before we know the actual prices for this location, especially given the relative similarity between its existing pricing model at current locations and what we already see at WDW?

UNCgolf

I'm not saying that. I'm just saying that I'm surprised people are shocked at this point given the prices at basically every bakery and ice creamery on property. A Mickey bar is $6.25 and a Dole Whip is $5.00; why is it shocking that a premium ice cream would be $6.00? Why single out this restaurant as overpriced before we know the actual prices for this location, especially given the relative similarity between its existing pricing model at current locations and what we already see at WDW?

A scoop of gelato at Vivoli is $7.50.

It's worth it, because it's by far the best ice cream/gelato on property, but yeah. Nothing surprising about those prices.

Aries1975

I agree many of the others, a 24hr diner would be great here. If you had a flight delay, you need to feed the tribe something. There are diners on many Jersey boardwalks, and although most tend to associate diners with the 1950’s, there were diners as early as the 1910s.

In ancient times, before shrinkflation, there were 2oz scoops and 4oz scoops. If you had a 3-scoops sundae like a banana split, it was 3-2oz scoops. If you had a cone, a kid sundae (clown or monster) or “free” dessert which came with the entree, it was 1-4oz scoop.

Many of the Disney hotels have excellent pastry chefs. If you call them, they will make virtually anything. Do not believe whoever answers the phone at the dining or other helplines who will send you to Amorette’s which does not deliver. Even if a custom cake is $100, if you are splitting it 10 ways, there will be plenty.

Attachments

• 04733F96-16BC-4F7F-A79A-A2300594530D.jpeg
    04733F96-16BC-4F7F-A79A-A2300594530D.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 96640F0E-9558-45F1-A295-A1989C3F7375.jpeg
    96640F0E-9558-45F1-A295-A1989C3F7375.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 41
  • AE08AFEF-E176-4DA0-8B81-72750153CF73.jpeg
    AE08AFEF-E176-4DA0-8B81-72750153CF73.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 40
  • B9B36B4B-E955-45D8-A62E-846F2419D900.jpeg
    B9B36B4B-E955-45D8-A62E-846F2419D900.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 37

Bocabear

We were doing an anniversary party at our DVC unit for our parents, and wanted to get a cake from Amorette's and no delivery even for the $100.00 cake... They suggested we come pick the cake up early in the day because it would melt in the car on the drive back... It was ridiculous... Someone ran over to Publix and got a cake and that was that... You would think that they would have figured out that people don't necessarily want to sit in the bakery at the mall and eat a hundred dollar cake in one sitting...

ToTBellHop

We were doing an anniversary party at our DVC unit for our parents, and wanted to get a cake from Amorette's and no delivery even for the $100.00 cake... They suggested we come pick the cake up early in the day because it would melt in the car on the drive back... It was ridiculous... Someone ran over to Publix and got a cake and that was that... You would think that they would have figured out that people don't necessarily want to sit in the bakery at the mall and eat a hundred dollar cake in one sitting...
I dream of one day eating a $100 in one sitting.

I be like
1683637996961.gif

Bocabear

I just did a spit-take when I read the "Sagrada Familia of Bakeshops" lol...Well clearly they are stripped down to the steel framework on the dining room side of it... I would be skeptical of them actually finishing this in 7 months and open... We have seen it take them well over a year to build a margarita kiosk outside the Mexico pavilion... By then maybe like "Beatrix" it will just go away and they will announce something else.

dreday3

Do we have a review of the refurbished Boardwalk rooms yet? The Inn side. I saw one pic and I think they look much better? We've always wanted to stay there, but I didn't like the rooms.

Bocabear

The rooms were always nice...maybe you didn't care for the wallpaper, but they were great rooms and really, it is all about the location.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom