News Disney CEO Bob Chapek commits to look into reintroducing the Disneyland and Walt Disney World combined annual pass

Disstevefan1

Chapek commits to look into reintroducing the Disneyland and Walt Disney World combined annual pass

"OK, I looked into it and we're still not doin' it...............................NEXT!!!"
He should do it. He can charge whatever he wants and only .0001 percent of the population will actually buy it so he need not worry about contaminating the theme parks with too many nasty APers.

Chapek is going through his own purification process; to purify and remove all those nasty APers that do not spend “enough” money at the parks.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
He should do it. He can charge whatever he wants and only .0001 percent of the population will actually buy it so he need not worry about contaminating the theme parks with too many nasty APers.

Chapek is going through his own purification process; to purify and remove all those nasty APers that do not spend “enough” money at the parks.
... except when they need a group of saviors to populate the parks and prop them up when a recession hits. Let's not forget that many AP's frequent the EPCOT festivals and spend a lot of money there. And they also attend parties, which is more spending. And many go dozens of times throughout the year, spending money to get a meal and a drink, plus maybe some merch. But otherwise, no, those mean AP people don't spend money "enough" in the parks. :D

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So... How much would you be willing to pay for an AP?

How does $1999 for the Incredi-Pass sound? Or maybe $1499 for the Sorcerer Pass? The kicker - They could now include blackout dates, or more blackout dates in the case of the Sorcerer Pass. Basically all the major holidays will be off-limits for Sorcerer, and Thanksgiving and Christmas week for the Incredi-Pass. Don't want blackout dates? Better check your credit limit, because a new premium AP tier (no naming yet) with no blackout dates could set you back $2999/year. Floridians may have it slightly better, clocking in at $1199/year and $999/year for the lower tier APs. Rumored pricing on the combined DL/WDW AP Chapek wants to bring back could break... $6k. :oops:

AP's are going to be stones, and Disney wants to squeeze a lot of blood out of them.

tanc

Gone are the days of getting a WDW pass for like $200+ off through sam's club. I remember getting one for like 800 something through Sam's when prices had increased. It's crazy what people will pay for an annual pass for an inferior experience.

TrainsOfDisney

and the constant technical problems where a DLR originated pass wouldn't work at WDW and vice versa.
I had this pass almost every year it was available. I learned that it was very important to buy it in California and not Florida!
So... How much would you be willing to pay for an AP?

How does $1999 for the Incredi-Pass sound?
The premier was already over $2k when it was last available.

ToTBellHop

When Chaps commits to “look into“ something, I picture
1648836083604.png

matt9112

I think the issue with the dual park pass is that I "think" opinion here. At the price point you would be asking you wouldn't be able to force the reservation system on to it.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Of course, making the Premear Pass exempt from Park Reservations would be a HUUGE selling point... and I imagine they could jack the price up another $500 bucks each.

Touchdown

Here’s the problem Disney is having as they increase the price, people are expecting more of it and cutting back on expenses.

On the expectations, how many people outside of hard core Disney people did you see complain about FP? Sure some thought it was cumbersome but most GP didn’t think it was evil, it was a perk. Now I would say a large minority if not majority of GP I know hate G+ even though it’s not really different, they hate it because they have to pay for it. Another poster recently pointed out that Disney is flummoxed why lately they have been besieged by far more park commandos, I’m not, Disney has jacked up the prices so much people feel the need to squeeze everything out of their day and by cutting back hours they’ve made it physically possible to do so (even I a dedicated park commando cannot survive a week of summer DL 16 hour days, but 10-12 hour days with a few 14 hour days mixed in most can do.) This too will be the case with APs, if you charge the monthly salary of the top 28% ($6000) people are going to expect free parking, no reservations, no black outs and perks, I cannot believe that will sell at all. Also charge that much and the few that do buy will be commandos and not wait in long lines for meme food or merchandise but instead do attractions to squeeze value out of something so expensive.

The other issue I see is people aren’t spending on the ancillaries, Disney continues to change deluxe rooms to DVC which is far less profitable for them if they could regularly fill those rooms. They have also been extremely slow on fully staffing and opening signature restaurants. This is all a sign we are nearing the end to increases in per cap spending, we have cut so deep, we are cutting bone. This goes for all tickets. It’s so obvious the current parks are a deck of cards waiting to collapse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom