News Disney hikes the price of Mickey Bars and Dole Whip along with hundreds of other food and beverage items at Walt Disney World

Ginzuishou

Ditch dairy! I will never eat another frozen bovine hormone-filled mammary secretion cruelty bar ever again, and I suggest you do the same :) Especially for kids, loading them up with bovine hormones that are meant to grow a baby cow is not a good thing.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Ditch dairy! I will never eat another frozen bovine hormone-filled mammary secretion cruelty bar ever again, and I suggest you do the same :) Especially for kids, loading them up with bovine hormones that are meant to grow a baby cow is not a good thing.
I'd say it's OK to consume moderate amounts of Mickey Bars as long as you don't give in to a sudden urge to eat grass.

Ayla

Just realize that Wally World cooks special deals with suppliers, who often have to ... modify ... their product to get the costs below Wally's demand.
Yep. I wonder how people don't realize this by now. The product you buy at Walmart is not the same as the product available everywhere else. That includes food.

Diamond Dot

Even though I've got dining credits of over $500 just for myself I still plan to have Instacart deliver things like water and nibbles for the park. Or I may just head down to Publix myself and pick up stuff then get an Uber back. I'm not saying I won't have Disney snacks like Mickey Bars and Cinnamon buns, but, I'm not paying Disney prices for chips, trail mix or fruit.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yep. I wonder how people don't realize this by now. The product you buy at Walmart is not the same as the product available everywhere else. That includes food.

Coke Zero looks and tastes the same, and is the same size bottle as elsewhere, and the Blue Bell is the same. That's all I care about. 😂

matt9112

Why would anyone think that WDW would be exempt from the massive inflation we are seeing across our country?

They increase prices once or twice a year like this....every year....the new inflation issue is just convenient for some to defend the company. Besides your not even considering the massive profit margins. inflation costs should really only hit things with much more sane margins. When your margin is so large you can absorb alot more. Alchohol sales would be a good example. The profit margin on alchohol at bars etc is insane. If the bottle increases by hell 10 dollars nobody should be paying a cent more for the shots etc. Disney operates with food and merch at absurd profit margins. Its purely to drive additional revenue. Now look im not saying they cant raise prices but it has zero to do with inflation.

ToTBellHop

Expect many PR appearances around the time ticket prices increase. I hear they will have a few paramedics on stand-by for those who swoon over him.
Lord knows any tough pill is easier to swallow when he is the nurse instead of Chapek. Next time I hear Chapek speak will be too soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom