News Monorail switch broken

Goofyernmost

Not knowing the actual position of a switch killed someone.
Not looking when you cross the street killed many people, what is your point? Having a tire blow out on a car has killed many people, what is your point? So who was killed by that and when and how does anyone or anything prevent unanticipated issues and particularly human error. Human error points to a fault. Mechanical breakdowns do not always point to anything other then unexpected parts failure.

PhilharMagician

We just got back and the monorail being down was a mess. Every CM we spoke to had different information and unfortunately none of them were correct. At 3:00 walked up to monorail station at MK and was told that the monorails were down and that I could take the ferry to TTC and get a bus to Epcot or go to one of the resorts and also take a Epcot bus. I have tried to use the park busses at the TTC and they never seemed to be reliable and have always had very long wait times so we decided to walk to new path to the GF and catch an Epcot bus there. Apparently they are not running Epcot direct busses anymore when the monorail goes down. Not sure if this is an effect of COVID, but no busses for me or anyone else waiting at the bus stop with us. We arrived at the bus stop and talked to a cast member that was walking by and she said that many busses were running to the TTC and it would be less than 5 minutes for the next. About 25 minutes later the bus arrives (name on display MK MONORAIL). then this bus goes to every resort and the MK before stopping at the TTC. In the end it took us 3 hours to get from MK to Epcot and were 90 minutes late for a dinner reservation and since we were so late it took nearly 40 minutes for a table.

Touchdown

We just got back and the monorail being down was a mess. Every CM we spoke to had different information and unfortunately none of them were correct. At 3:00 walked up to monorail station at MK and was told that the monorails were down and that I could take the ferry to TTC and get a bus to Epcot or go to one of the resorts and also take a Epcot bus. I have tried to use the park busses at the TTC and they never seemed to be reliable and have always had very long wait times so we decided to walk to new path to the GF and catch an Epcot bus there. Apparently they are not running Epcot direct busses anymore when the monorail goes down. Not sure if this is an effect of COVID, but no busses for me or anyone else waiting at the bus stop with us. We arrived at the bus stop and talked to a cast member that was walking by and she said that many busses were running to the TTC and it would be less than 5 minutes for the next. About 25 minutes later the bus arrives (name on display MK MONORAIL). then this bus goes to every resort and the MK before stopping at the TTC. In the end it took us 3 hours to get from MK to Epcot and were 90 minutes late for a dinner reservation and since we were so late it took nearly 40 minutes for a table.
Yeah that was my arrival day at the contemporary, got told it was down so I walked to MK and went to the bus depot and caught the first bus that arrived to a crescent lake resort (boardwalk) and then took the boat (it arrived as I left the lobby) to Epcot.

trainplane3

Epcot buses were running from the MK monorail resorts. In that situation I would've done what @Touchdown did or walk to the Contemporary and caught a Epcot bus from there.

It really did mess up the day for many guests.

JoeCamel

What a magical experience

PhilharMagician

Epcot buses were running from the MK monorail resorts. In that situation I would've done what @Touchdown did or walk to the Contemporary and caught a Epcot bus from there.

It really did mess up the day for many guests.
There were NO busses at GF for Epcot. We were told at GF that we had to take a transfer bus to TTC and then on to Epcot. There were a lot of ed off people at the GF.

I have stayed at Contemporary many times and there has always been an Epcot bus added when the Monorail goes down.

Cesar R M

There were NO busses at GF for Epcot. We were told at GF that we had to take a transfer bus to TTC and then on to Epcot. There were a lot of ****ed off people at the GF.

I have stayed at Contemporary many times and there has always been an Epcot bus added when the Monorail goes down.
wait.. why a deluxe hotel wouldn't have buses? (o_O))

Figment2005

wait.. why a deluxe hotel wouldn't have buses? (o_O))
If the Epcot line is still up and running, but the resort line is down they will run bus service for the resort loop replacement and guests would still need to transfer at TTC. If both were down then they would either go that route and have a central bus pick up at TTC for the Epcot half, or have direct service from the Grand, Contemp, and Poly direct to Epcot. Assuming their are enough busses to handle both extra lines. The logistics behind getting guests to and from different areas is a lot more complicated than some seem to think.

cranbiz

Total of 9 with 4 in guest facing areas and 5 more back at the service barn behind space mountain

In Front of Space Mountain (2 side-by side)- some may classify this as one given the two are merged together, but mechanically they're separate.
1- Service Beam from Barn onto MK Express beam
2- MK Express Beam to Resort Beam

At TTC
3- From MK Express Beam to bypass loop toward Epcot Beam
4- From TTC Bypass loop to Epcot beam (east of World Drive)

There are 5 more multi-beam switches back at the monorail barn to switch from the service beam that runs east of Space Mountain to the 11 bays of the garage.
Did they not add a switch on the Epcot loop for the maintenance tractor storage beam?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom