Connections Cafe and Eatery

lazyboy97o

Aside from the general popularity of ketchup soaked cardboard, it really makes no sense why theme parks can’t have good pizza by the slice. It’s a reheated food so it seems like it would be perfect for scaling up as you could centrally prep hundreds of pies for each day along with things like dough and sauce to make as needed at the facility.

Last edited:

MagicHappens1971

Aside from the general popularity of ketchup soaked cardboard, it really makes no sense why theme parks can’t have good pizza by the slice. It’s a reheated food so it seems like it would be perfect for scaling up as you could centrally prep hundreds of pies for each day along with things like dough and sauce to make as needed at the facility.
Agreed with your points, the pizza at connections is really not bad. Nothing to talk about, but not bad.

Andrew25

Bothers me that Via Napoli Pizza Window is closed most days. Haven't seen it open since April this year, unless they decide to close once they realize I'm in the vicinity.

We need Via Napoli franchises at each park.

lazyboy97o

Bothers me that Via Napoli Pizza Window is closed most days. Haven't seen it open since April this year, unless they decide to close once they realize I'm in the vicinity.

We need Via Napoli franchises at each park.
Now I am obligated to rant about a place named Via Napoli serving Sicilian style slices. I guess they wanted people coming inside for the Neapolitan style pizza but it seems like it hamstrung the window by forcing it to offer a slice that requires more work to make. Many slice pizzerias in the US do offer Sicilian style slices, but Neapolitan style slices are the real volume product that people can grab and go.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Some new graphics have been added to the enclosed bakery.

IMG_5285.jpeg

solidyne

Also, the three panels would have made more sense in reverse order. Or maybe creation-sensation-innovation.

Actually what is Epcot's "innovation" here, if the snack already has been created and sensationalized elsewhere?

Sir_Cliff

I think it's supposed to be a unique offering, isn't it? The sign says it's one of the few baumkuchen rotisserie ovens in the United States and the idea behind the Connections motif is how food connects people, so a German cake that has been adapted in Japan seems like a nice example to highlight and offer for purchase.

Kind of puzzled at the reaction.
Cecily Strong Snl GIF

Isn't this the sort of thing we wanted at Epcot?

Last edited:

Haymarket2008

I think it's supposed to be a unique offering, isn't it? The sign says it's one of the few baumkuchen rotisserie ovens in the United States and the idea behind the Connections motif is how food connects people, so a German cake that has been adapted in Japan seems like a nice example to highlight and offer for purchase.

Cecily Strong Snl GIF

So confused by the reaction too. I think they’re doing a great job with Connections.

dreday3

Cecily Strong Snl GIF

I agree. It's one of the only places in the country where you can get this and watch it being made! It's pretty cool.

Epcot82Guy

I think it's a cool idea and very in line with Epcot. I'm only confused by the large focus on just this. If this was part of a series of 4 or 5 bakery items kinda like this (with cross-border appeal and history), it would be a huge identify and selling point for Connections. And maybe this is a test run for that.

In short, good idea - hope it goes bigger.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom