New Years 2022

Vinnie Mac

It's wonderful to see so many positive reactions to Disney's shows. Reminds me of past times.

This reception was earned too, I wish they would put this much effort into their shows each and every night. Great job by Disney!
Yeah it was so nice hearing the amazing crowd reactions. Loudest the crowds have been since Happily Ever After returned, probably even since the parks reopened from COVID at all.

Even HarmonioUS got a great reception last night.

Disney Analyst

Yeah it was so nice hearing the amazing crowd reactions. Loudest the crowds have been since Happily Ever After returned, probably even since the parks reopened from COVID at all.

Even HarmonioUS got a great reception last night.

I will say, I keep my eye on videos that come out for HarmonioUS, and the reception is usually pretty fantastic. Everyone seems to be dancing along, cheering, and loving it.

Vinnie Mac

I will say, I keep my eye on videos that come out for HarmonioUS, and the reception is usually pretty fantastic. Everyone seems to be dancing along, cheering, and loving it.
Oh yeah, anytime I see a video or stream of HarmonioUS the crowd is in love with it. When I saw it in person I could feel the energetic vibe from the crowd. The first segment had everyone in awe basically and the first couple of pyro launches got the usual cheers from everyone. People were singing and dancing during the Coco and Princess and the Frog segment (I'll admit so was I lol). Really I think that's what it's all about, humanity being connected through music.

Crazydisneyfanluke

what was stopping them from a holiday tag this year? 🤔

i wouldn't count on additional tags, personally
They may have been focused on the new show and ensuring any bugs and kinks have been worked out. They have to reprogram and redesign the tags due to the new tech introduced to the show.

Vinnie Mac

They may have been focused on the new show and ensuring any bugs and kinks have been worked out. They have to reprogram and redesign the tags due to the new tech introduced to the show.
I figured if they were able to put together a good New Years tag involving the HarmonioUS barges within almost 3 months, they have more than enough time to program the barges for the 4th of July show. The Christmas tag is the only thing I'm still not 100% sure if they will pull off but it wouldn't surprise me if they do this year.

Chi84

Premium Member
Oh yeah, anytime I see a video or stream of HarmonioUS the crowd is in love with it. When I saw it in person I could feel the energetic vibe from the crowd. The first segment had everyone in awe basically and the first couple of pyro launches got the usual cheers from everyone. People were singing and dancing during the Coco and Princess and the Frog segment (I'll admit so was I lol). Really I think that's what it's all about, humanity being connected through music.
I agree about the connection with those around you; it's absolutely a show that is much better in person. We enjoyed it tremendously from our vantage point near Morocco. The fireworks shooting from all around the lake at the end was impressive. So much better than the live-stream we saw when it opened.

jrhwdw

Here’s Disneyland:

Most castle pyro is cut, but lots of big shells.

The big change is they swapped out the old Zippity Doo Dah finale for When you Wish Upon a Star.

I'm sorry but SO GLAD DL went back to FITS for NYE!!!! DL had Mix Magic for 2019-2020.

I thought FITS sounded new, then I figured it out! LOL!!

Also sounds like Horns were not at DL either......I like it!!!!

Trauma

Original Poster
Respectfully, I partially disagree with your statement of World Drive going through the fallout area for the shoot-site and here’s why.

In ideal weather conditions and with the assumption that the front positions of the shoot-site only are used for aerial shells no larger than 3” in diameter and/or non-bursting non-splitting devices such as comets or mines as large as 6”, the minimum required distances established by NFPA 1123 for the purposes of establishing a Fallout Area are met.

Minimum site size required distances are defined within NFPA 1123 Section 5.1.3, 5.1.4 defines Other Site Requirements, 5.1.5 Fallout Area, and minimum spectator separation distances defined in Section 5.2.

In my opinion, the concern/risk with the site’s fallout area and World Drive is when inclement weather (in particular high wind) occurs in the direction of World Drive which in-turn causes impact to the Fallout Area of duds. In some conditions that allow for it, the wind could be accounted for by angling mortars in a direction away from, in this case, World Drive.

While I don’t have knowledge of exactly what size shells are fired from each position, the included photos show that the front positions meet defined distance requirements of NFPA 1123 for shooting 3” aerial shells (210’ radius), the second photo shows that the first position back from the fronts allows for a distance which allows for up to 6” shells (420’ radius), the third photo shows a 560’ radius and could allow up to 8” shells to be shot from, and then the final photo shows the furthest position from World Drive easily allows for up to 10” shells (700’ radius) to be fired vertically in ideal weather conditions.

What I can understand and can fully believe is that there is/was a concern and initially unaccounted for risk with the site as it pertains to your mention of the increased demand on required fire suppression apparatus to post-display brush fires and/or the initial lack of accounting for inclement weather/higher winds during a display which could’ve ultimately attributed to a mortar that didn’t perform as intended and (as seen in the YouTube video) ended up breaking at/near ground-level on World Drive.

Furthermore, Disney is known across the industry for its enhanced safety protocols. They wouldn’t continue to use the site, even in instances of special events, if the site didn’t meet the minimum required distances as defined within NFPA 1123.

View attachment 611527View attachment 611528View attachment 611529View attachment 611530
So either you do something like this for a living, or you are highly intelligent person with way to much free time on your hands.

Lilofan

Respectfully, I partially disagree with your statement of World Drive going through the fallout area for the shoot-site and here’s why.

In ideal weather conditions and with the assumption that the front positions of the shoot-site only are used for aerial shells no larger than 3” in diameter and/or non-bursting non-splitting devices such as comets or mines as large as 6”, the minimum required distances established by NFPA 1123 for the purposes of establishing a Fallout Area are met.

Minimum site size required distances are defined within NFPA 1123 Section 5.1.3, 5.1.4 defines Other Site Requirements, 5.1.5 Fallout Area, and minimum spectator separation distances defined in Section 5.2.

In my opinion, the concern/risk with the site’s fallout area and World Drive is when inclement weather (in particular high wind) occurs in the direction of World Drive which in-turn causes impact to the Fallout Area of duds. In some conditions that allow for it, the wind could be accounted for by angling mortars in a direction away from, in this case, World Drive.

While I don’t have knowledge of exactly what size shells are fired from each position, the included photos show that the front positions meet defined distance requirements of NFPA 1123 for shooting 3” aerial shells (210’ radius), the second photo shows that the first position back from the fronts allows for a distance which allows for up to 6” shells (420’ radius), the third photo shows a 560’ radius and could allow up to 8” shells to be shot from, and then the final photo shows the furthest position from World Drive easily allows for up to 10” shells (700’ radius) to be fired vertically in ideal weather conditions.

What I can understand is that there is/was a concern and initially unaccounted for risk with the site as it pertains to your mention of the increased demand on required fire suppression apparatus to post-display brush fires and/or the initial lack of accounting for inclement weather/higher winds during a display which could’ve ultimately attributed to a mortar that didn’t perform as intended and (as seen in the YouTube video) ended up breaking at/near ground-level on World Drive.

Furthermore, Disney is known across the industry for its enhanced safety protocols. If the site didn’t originally meet the minimum required distances as defined within NFPA 1123, they wouldn’t continue to use the site, even in instances of special events, without taking steps that bring the shoot-site into compliance.

View attachment 611527View attachment 611528View attachment 611529View attachment 611530
I've driven on World Drive when fireworks shells fall nearby. Fortunately it didn't fall on the roadway when I was in the area along with the other cars.

Trauma

Original Poster
Thanks for the compliment. It can’t be both? 🤣

All joking aside, I’ve worked in the industry for quite some time now and have a personal goal of one day working on nighttime spectaculars for the parks. Only time will tell on the last part of that. :)
I wish you luck you clearly have the skills and dedication necessary.

wdwfan22

I'm sorry but SO GLAD DL went back to FITS for NYE!!!! DL had Mix Magic for 2019-2020.

I thought FITS sounded new, then I figured it out! LOL!!

Also sounds like Horns were not at DL either......I like it!!!!
I always enjoy Disneylands New Years Eve Show. Was also glad they returned to using Fantasy In The Sky even if it had to be altered to remove the song that is no longer named by the company.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom