News Walt Disney World holidays 2021

Casper Gutman

You're saying they picked up a line cook from Olive Garden?

Joking aside, that has to be the worst food I've had on property and I'm counting Pecos Bill's in that. :oops:

Whatever the reason, if it's gotten better, I'm happy to hear it.
Didn't Tony's used to be halfway decent - say in the early 2000s? Or are my rose-colored glasses obscuring my hindsight?

castlecake2.0

Bets on NYE dance parties and entertainment being cancelled a la Disneyland Paris? Can’t imagine it would be a good look hosting these things right now.

jrhwdw

Bets on NYE dance parties and entertainment being cancelled a la Disneyland Paris? Can’t imagine it would be a good look hosting these things right now.
Who knows?????? The weird thing about DLP is they canned the Party but gave the Parks Florida Hours so they are not really closing early now.

As far as WDW, MK'S Spirit looks fantastic now!!! I hope that can continue to 2022. I'm guessing WDW won't do anything unless the other 2 Parks close? Only SWO Had NYE Pyro last year I believe.

Off topic but is Times Square cancelled?

If someone in this world would just solve COVID!!!...........

Last edited:

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
They could always cancel - but I don't see how they can pull back on anything with most of these "parties" taking place outdoors. If they were being held indoors, say at a resort, maybe, but being out IN the parks, nah. I'm betting they will continue down the path they are on (especially with most all reports saying the new variant isn't as potent as previous versions, just more contagious, for which I hope they are right!).

gerarar

Premium Member
Is Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime not showing at night daily now since the Christmas parties after hour events are over now? Disney Enchantment performed last night and tonight as well.

It's a shame if so. At least give guests the Christmas fireworks..

jrhwdw

Is Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime not showing at night daily now since the Christmas parties after hour events are over now? Disney Enchantment performed last night and tonight as well.

It's a shame if so. At least give guests the Christmas fireworks..
It's the 50th. Not surprising since DL did the same thing for 50th, 60th and MK did the brand new HEA Christmas Week 2017.

nickys

Premium Member
They could always cancel - but I don't see how they can pull back on anything with most of these "parties" taking place outdoors. If they were being held indoors, say at a resort, maybe, but being out IN the parks, nah. I'm betting they will continue down the path they are on (especially with most all reports saying the new variant isn't as potent as previous versions, just more contagious, for which I hope they are right!).
I think there may well be some cancellations or adjustments made.

I would assume a dance party would count as a “public gathering” and therefore masks would be mandated. And rather than run the risk of photos / videos of massless guests going viral, DLP may decide to cancel the actual NYE dance parties. Even though the crowds for the fireworks would presumably also fall under the “public gathering” heading.

I don’t envy those who have to make that call. But it may yet be made for them.

gerarar

Premium Member
It's the 50th. Not surprising since DL did the same thing for 50th, 60th and MK did the brand new HEA Christmas Week 2017.
Thats a shame, I was really excited to see it in person again on Christmas after seeing it in 2019..

At least I was able to watch it from the Polynesian this past Sunday..although very cloudy lol
VideoCapture_20211223-145400.jpg

TikibirdLand

jrhwdw

recording this in case we get a glimpse of the Star Wars hotel. Hoping for some cringe-worthy moments! :D
If you mean tomorrow morning on ABC, You're not going to get a parade. Not MOUACT or DL's ACF was taped this year I believe. Please correct me if I'm wrong!!!

Livestreams are a better bargain for me.......

TikibirdLand

Amazing to me how quiet this board is with the 'rona thread closed. :D

Merry Christmas, all. I've really enjoyed all of the conversations from y'all -- even the ones I've disagreed with. I learned a lot from you! Thanks for making 2021 brighter. I really do appreciate y'all!

Walt d

Like almost all entertainment now, there is only really one reason why it isn't happening, and that isn't anything to do with distancing or concerns of COVID.

I would be surprised if it is gone forever. It sells a huge amount of dining and is a necessary draw for a struggling park.
Struggling at Christmas time? Na’ na’ i say!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom