News Disney Very Merriest After Hours

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
And yet, wander over to any of the myriad of DVC pages out there and you'll see members absolutely over the moon thrilled about this.
Yep. The sheeple are thrilled because they have no frame of reference, or simply don’t care to engage more than 2 brain cells to see what a joke this truly is.

Oh, and you’re limited to 4 people per membership for this “special viewing spot”. 🤦‍♂️

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Yep. The sheeple are thrilled because they have no frame of reference, or simply don’t care to engage more than 2 brain cells to see what a joke this truly is.

Oh, and you’re limited to 4 people per membership for this “special viewing spot”. 🤦‍♂️
Yup. The whole point of these AH events was supposed to be that crowds were so low that you wouldn't need these sorts of "perks." At least that's how I understood it.

MagicHappens1971

Against my better judgement I decided to buy a ticket to this event for my solo trip next week. Really just looking forward to the entertainment and low crowds, but have heard mixed reviews.

Chip Chipperson

I attended Sunday night with my wife. We both really enjoyed it. We arrived at 8 and left at midnight having ridden everything we wanted to except Jingle Cruise (we headed towards it after the fireworks but the line of people heading there from Main Street was already long and we were tired so we headed for the exit). In hindsight, it was even better because it was the only time on this entire trip where the park we were in didn't feel excessively crowded (except for the window between 8 and 9 when the day guests were still there watching the fireworks).

Touchdown

Even in its deminished form, boy was it great to see a parade on Main Street, it’s been far too long!
9D2BAF81-5F7A-4CC7-8ABB-3F24EAAE53B8.jpeg
6783CFAC-518C-4297-9CBD-355C4CA94A32.jpeg
12033418-CF7D-42A3-9C93-C105EE082C48.jpeg
4A90F35E-AD6D-4060-B9F1-EC89366628AA.jpeg
AD71954B-B293-49F3-B466-058B3AC73BA4.jpeg
52DB2D3E-D960-4FA1-9732-C423EBCCDC86.jpeg

MagicHappens1971

I was at the event tonight and was pretty happy with everything, the stage show was cute and it was nice to see some live performers. The abridged version of OUACT did feel short but still had the charm that I love about the parade. I had not seen the new fireworks for the party before and I really really enjoyed them. As for wait times, I walked onto Splash & Big Thunder in my first ~25 minutes. I wasn’t really stressing about rides but the only ride that actually had a wait that I saw was SDMT. For the price though I really could not imagine paying for this again, I really would’ve enjoyed to see some more characters out and about even if we couldn’t necessarily meet and greet

Touchdown

I was at the event tonight and was pretty happy with everything, the stage show was cute and it was nice to see some live performers. The abridged version of OUACT did feel short but still had the charm that I love about the parade. I had not seen the new fireworks for the party before and I really really enjoyed them. As for wait times, I walked onto Splash & Big Thunder in my first ~25 minutes. I wasn’t really stressing about rides but the only ride that actually had a wait that I saw was SDMT. For the price though I really could not imagine paying for this again, I really would’ve enjoyed to see some more characters out and about even if we couldn’t necessarily meet and greet
I saw Santa Stich, the Tweedles, Hook and Smee on my travels this evening.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm not buying it. I think they cut off ticket sales (nudge the number of tickets available down a little and then call things "sold out", sounds great for the next quarterly call), but I also have no way to prove it.

If they truly did sell out, congratulations - You'll get to pay even more next year!

Disstevefan1

I'm not buying it. I think they cut off ticket sales (nudge the number of tickets available down a little and then call things "sold out", sounds great for the next quarterly call), but I also have no way to prove it.

If they truly did sell out, congratulations - You'll get to pay even more next year!
Folks attending these overpriced events can only hope they cut off ticket sales so instead of these events being super mobbed they are just mobbed.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Folks attending these overpriced events can only hope they cut off ticket sales so instead of these events being super mobbed they are just mobbed.
Oh, you think they'll actually limit ticket sales next year? Unprecedented demand! Higher prices and more tickets will be available (but still marketed as an "After Hours event"). Stop thinking about the consumers and think about shareholder dividends and executive bonus pools - Who's going to pay for those things?? If DI$ can't retain the top notch talent they have in management, think of the drop in quality storytelling and immersive entertainment that will inevitably result!

Disstevefan1

Oh, you think they'll actually limit ticket sales next year? Unprecedented demand! Higher prices and more tickets will be available (but still marketed as an "After Hours event"). Stop thinking about the consumers and think about shareholder dividends and executive bonus pools - Who's going to pay for those things?? If DI$ can't retain the top notch talent they have in management, think of the drop in quality storytelling and immersive entertainment that will inevitably result!
I said folks attending these events would hope they actually limit tickets sales.
If they are truly limiting attendance this year, what we are seeing this year is a bait and switch.
As you say, "In response to unprecedented demand" next year's events will be super mobbed.

This is nothing new really, WDW crept up the tickets sales to the old Christmas and Halloween parties and they too became super mobbed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom