News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyCane

The poster in question has already said he has a newborn son. I applaud him for doing what he can to protect his son who has zero immunity to anything.

Whilst you two jeer at him. What lovely people there are on this thread.
The poster in question said he is going to WDW. Therefore, said poster will spend a significant amount of time indoors with a high density of people, 90% of whom will not be wearing a mask unless the plan is to only experience outdoor queues.

How is said poster "doing what he can to protect his son" by making sure that he is not on transportation with unmasked people for a tiny percentage of the overall time spent indoors at WDW. "Doing what he can to protect his son" (who doesn't need protecting based on over 2 years of data) would be to not go to WDW at all.

nickys

Premium Member
The poster in question said he is going to WDW. Therefore, said poster will spend a significant amount of time indoors with a high density of people, 90% of whom will not be wearing a mask unless the plan is to only experience outdoor queues.

How is said poster "doing what he can to protect his son" by making sure that he is not on transportation with unmasked people for a tiny percentage of the overall time spent indoors at WDW. "Doing what he can to protect his son" (who doesn't need protecting based on over 2 years of data) would be to not go to WDW at all.
Did you know you can spend a whole day simply walking around the parks and enjoying them, without doing a single ride?

DisneyCane

Did you know you can spend a whole day simply walking around the parks and enjoying them, without doing a single ride?
Hence why I asked the poster if they were intending to only experience outdoor attractions with outdoor queues. If yes, then I can at least understand their logic. If no, then the obsession about people not masking on transportation doesn't make any sense.

G00fyDad

Seatbelts masks...just go with the flow. I get not wanting to wear the mask, but making it a mission to avoid it is just silly. It's not a big deal, and it makes it harder for the people who are tasked to enforce the rules when they didn't institute them in the first place. And the rest of us just want to get there we are going as quickly as possible.

They are flag carriers for the socially inept and the self-important. They have one job here. It's stupid but they're going to do it.
tenor.gif

Chip Chipperson

I will follow the rules. Why does this bother you? Genuine question.

No, you're not following the rules. You're planning the mask version of holding your finger an in from your siblings face and saying, "I'm not touching you!"

And for the record, on my recent flights, the message was that masks had to be replaced between bites/sips, so unless you plan on holding g a drink to your mouth for the entire flight then you're not following the rules - but if you do that, please report back and let us know of how that worked out for you during turbulence.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I already explained it. It slows things down and makes it harder for the employees. And some might now really want to sit for 3 hours on a flight next to a guy sipping coffee the whole time.
If we are talking about WDW, put the blame on the company for keeping this silly rule in place. For airplanes, put the blame on the feds. When people realize stupid rules are in place and have no impact, they are going to be challenged. That’s just human nature and the reality throughout history. On the other end, when rules tend to make sense, people are more receptive. WDWs transportation rule is illogical. The feds 14 day extension of the public transportation rule at this point is the same. Expect more push back. It’s all about appearances than anything else and more and more people will pick up on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom