News Walt Disney World recruiting a new Principal Fireworks Designer as a return of nighttime shows gets closer

Max Duane

There’s a small part of me that wishes F! would remain closed for a while and reopen with upgrades and potentially a new script in the next few years, but I know that likely won’t happen at this point.

jt04

There’s a small part of me that wishes F! would remain closed for a while and reopen with upgrades and potentially a new script in the next few years, but I know that likely won’t happen at this point.

Yes, upgrades similar to the DL version would be excellent.

jt04

If only. Orlando getting half the Anaheim upgrades would make it twice the current show. A few are questionable but as a show it’s light years ahead out west.

Once the current restrictions on attendance are lifted the Studios are going to need some crowd eaters. Not everyone can fit in GE at night. An upgraded Fantasmic can easily 'sell out' nightly. Probably twice on full capacity days.

Well worth the investment as an easy fix until the next phase of expansion.

Max Duane

If only. Orlando getting half the Anaheim upgrades would make it twice the current show. A few are questionable but as a show it’s light years ahead out west.
The biggest change that would prevent it from being a 100% carbon copy of Disneyland’s version would be a reimagining of the Pocahontas segment. WDW doesn’t have the Columbia, preventing Peter Pan or Pirates, so they’d have to create a brand new scene using the mountain backdrop. My personal dream? Use some of that projection mapping to turn the mountain into Tefiti and make an incredible Moana segment of her returning the stone and watching the mountain transform from a lava gushing volcano to a beautiful paradise while Maui and other Moana characters pass by on the floats.
I think this would make for a great transition to the princess segment and there’s so much they could do with projection mapping, water effects, and more that relate to Moana.

TransportationGuy

It’ll have some changes when it comes back, but I wouldn’t get your hopes up for a DLR style F!

Max Duane

It’ll have some changes when it comes back, but I wouldn’t get your hopes up for a DLR style F!
Is this confirmed? Lol just curious, any change to the current show is a good one to me. Honestly I wish they would have taken Tokyo’s dragon and moved it over head now that their show is over.

RSoxNo1

Look no further than Fantasmic! as an answer to how / why Disney doesn't currently get it.

One of the biggest reasons that Fantasmic! is better in Disneyland vs. Disney World is that it materializes out of existing infrastructure making it that much more impressive. The show in DHS is still a very solid show, but it loses that level of "wow factor" because the facility itself presents an elevated expectation.

Harmonious will absolutely have to overcome this hurdle. The daytime running fountains could actually contribute to the loss of "wow factor" if they impress during the daytime. If people saw what they can do during the daytime they will be less impressive at night. This is just one of many reasons the show has been setup to fail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom